Where is everyone?? Ghost Town Group...

Options

Replies

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I could use a cheerleader today. This week has been really tough for me. I have a couple people in my family that are into body building and competitions and after seeing them on Sunday I felt like I have made no progress and lost hope. They are so dedicated and do not have any body fat. It is a mental thing with me and I know I have to worry about myself and not compare myself to anyone else but it is hard. One of the things they were telling me was I need to eat the non fat greek yogurt without the fruit (because the fruit in it is adding too much sugar) along with other diet suggestions. I was feeling so good about myself on eating healthier and losing 10 lbs since January & then all the hope just left me. I have only made 1 workout this week and I am in the 3rd week of push, this is the 1st time since I started the program that I have missed ANY of the workouts. I got up this morning to do it but then had some other problems that came up early with my son and it got too late to get it done before coming to work.
    Sorry to vent but maybe just writing it down will help. I have been stuck within the same 2 lbs going up and down the last month so I think that is messing with me too.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I could use a cheerleader today. This week has been really tough for me. I have a couple people in my family that are into body building and competitions and after seeing them on Sunday I felt like I have made no progress and lost hope. They are so dedicated and do not have any body fat. It is a mental thing with me and I know I have to worry about myself and not compare myself to anyone else but it is hard. One of the things they were telling me was I need to eat the non fat greek yogurt without the fruit (because the fruit in it is adding too much sugar) along with other diet suggestions. I was feeling so good about myself on eating healthier and losing 10 lbs since January & then all the hope just left me. I have only made 1 workout this week and I am in the 3rd week of push, this is the 1st time since I started the program that I have missed ANY of the workouts. I got up this morning to do it but then had some other problems that came up early with my son and it got too late to get it done before coming to work.
    Sorry to vent but maybe just writing it down will help. I have been stuck within the same 2 lbs going up and down the last month so I think that is messing with me too.

Hmmm, I'm finding it hard to start with something that is positive but doesn't sound negative, so I'll just write what I'm thinking....

It's GREAT that you have people wanting to be helpful/supportive that are in your family. And isn't it awesome how dedicated they are to the pursuit of competitive body building? I bet they appreciate your supporting them! (no sarcasm, I'm serious).
    but...
    is that your goal? nah! you just want to be you. and a mom. sure, sure, yogurt shmogurt and fruit sugars blah...
    Freaking one step at a time already!! How the heck did they get where they are? cold turkey? only if it's on a spinach salad ;) NO! step by step and inch by inch they carved their bodies.

-do they have kids?
    -are they married to each other (b/c seriously this can help with the whole "who's not home and making sammiches" problem)
    -are they 19?

YOU my lady are doing AWEEESOME! 10 pounds is a GOAL! that is no small amount of weight!

and if it helps, for all of March I had the comeback kid of pounds. Every other day I was getting "likes" for losing since my last weigh in. it was a lie! it was the SAME stupid 2 pounds!!! But... but.... what changed? what was I doing?? Nothing. I was not changing it up. I added CHX back 3/24 and have dropped down again. (only 1 lb).

Their victories are not yours and yours are not theirs. You cannot compare your progress to theirs (right now anyway) because their goal is not yours. (I'm assuming)

by the way... I HATE nonfat yogurt. and are they offering to buy this yogurt for you? I need creaminess. I use full on International Delight Creamer in Stone Cold Creamery vanilla EVERY MORNING. 2 serving sizes. But what do I do? I put it in my calories.

one step at a time.
    your goals.
    your victories.
    your freaking greek yogurt.

Gimme an "R"
    Gimme a "U!"
    Gimme a "B!"
    Gimmy a "Y!"

what's that spell ??
    FREAKING AWESOMENESS!
  • ruby70
    Options
    Pipsg1rl- You are so awesome and so right!:smile: My victories need to be my own and that is what I need to concentrate on. Your words were really inspiring and made a lot of sense. I am going to get out of the pity party and just start working on myself one day at a time like I was doing before. I need to figure out what my own goals are and not compare to anyone else's goals. I will use the information and support they give me but remember it is only one tool. I really appreciate you taking the time to post back to me and giving me a new perspective. I needed that, thank you, thank you, thank you:flowerforyou:

Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to brush off and jump back on with full force. One day at a time, one inch at a time:smile: I hope I can be there to help you along the way too.
  • LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So right today is New Day:happy: and all we can do is our Best. Just keep up the Great work and we will get there. I am off to do BC3. I was supposed to do on Friday but had something come up and now doing it today. Finishing off week 2.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've been in this group for ages but never stuck with the programme past week 5! I get distracted with other programmes etc.

I've been off exercise for 4 months with an achilles injury and am hoping I'm now good to get back to it. I took the excuse and ate like a pig the whole time and it really is time to get my head together again.

I'll be starting CLX on Monday (I've got a stinking cold at the moment). I did Burn 1 last week to refresh my memory and was so freaking sore for days afterwards, I may take a little more time to ease into it as I'm all out of shape.

I was running on cardio days before my injury but I'm going to try the DVD cardio workouts and add some gentle jogging every now and then to ease back into running really slowly. Hopefully getting stronger will help me avoid running injuries in the future.

I'll check in next week!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kiekie! The first 90 day program I ever completed was Body Revolution last year. It feels so great to know that you finished and keeps you motivated to do more. I have finished another round of BR before starting CLX. I just finished Burn this week and it never even crosses my mind that I will not finish the program.

Has anyone checked out the Turbo Jam Fat Blaster bonus work out? The first time I did it I was super clumsy but now I love it. I did actually did it twice this week since I did not getting any runs in. According to my HRM I burn slightly more calories than with Burn it Off and I find is so much more fun.

Tomorrow I am starting Push. I previewed the workouts to write down the weight she uses on my worksheets and my muscles felt sore just thinking about how heavy she was going.
  • 718elizabeth
    Options
    I am brand new to Chalean Extreme. I got started and will complete week one with BC3 today. I like the workouts but I am just getting started after many months of inactivity and going with lighter weights...my highest is 12 pounds. I have always believing lifting is a perfect exercise to incorporate into fitness. I have a ways to go in building strength.
    The journey of 1000 miles starts with the first step!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Push Circuit One. Finished about 4 hours ago and my arms still feel a little weak! I
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    As promised, I started again today :)

So burn circuit 1 is in the bag!

I just got those selectable weights and I can already feel how much more effective this round of CLX is going to be - everything is shaking still!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone is back on track.

I've finished up BC, today was P1. I forgot these aren't the compound moves so I didn't "feel" like I was working as hard.

...and some guy had the 20's all off to the side so I couldn't go higher in weight. I was like *grumble*

Can't act like all the weights are mine.
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Today was BC1 week 3. I upped my weights a bit. That is what I like about the select Tech is the 2 1/2 lb increments. I am already feeling more toned in my mid section and arms. I love Chalene! :smooched:
    Hope everyone is doing great!

Kris I also love the Fat Blaster workout. It is nice to have a fun workout. Have you ever tried TurboFire? If Not I think you would love the workouts. I love turbo fire and it burns a ton of calories and the time goes by fast. I will probably do that tomorrow since I cant run with the rain.

Is anyone else adding turbofire?
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Or anyone doing Turbo Jam? This is Fun too.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Or anyone doing Turbo Jam? This is Fun too.

I haven't done TJ, but I've heard it's not as intense as TF.

How is the music?
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    I know a lot of people do a Turbo Fire hybrid. Does is follow the same format with the dance moves and the turbos? I may look into during the winter because I usually run now.
  • ruby70
    Options
    Awesome Job Everyone! :drinker: :drinker:

I am not doing any of the turbo workouts but would love to hear more about peoples experiences with them.

When I started Push I felt the same way about not working as hard due to not having the compound moves but once you get going you will notice you are working just as hard if not harder. It took me a little bit to make sure I was using heavy enough weight to fail within the reps. My arms burn for hours after I am done so I know it is working. I have hit 30 lbs weights on lower exercises (I never thought I would use 30lb dumbbells :noway: )

I have heard when we get into the Lean stage we will do some compound moves again so I am looking forward to it.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Awesome Job Everyone! :drinker: :drinker:

I am not doing any of the turbo workouts but would love to hear more about peoples experiences with them.

When I started Push I felt the same way about not working as hard due to not having the compound moves but once you get going you will notice you are working just as hard if not harder. It took me a little bit to make sure I was using heavy enough weight to fail within the reps. My arms burn for hours after I am done so I know it is working. I have hit 30 lbs weights on lower exercises (I never thought I would use 30lb dumbbells :noway: )

I have heard when we get into the Lean stage we will do some compound moves again so I am looking forward to it.

I don't like cardio and am not a great dancer so TurboFire is difficult for me. I do like the shorter ones like HIIT 15 though. You burn a crapton of calories.

During Lean you do go back to compound moves and they are more difficult, so don't be surprised if you have to go down in weights. Only one of the days needs a chair (IIRC).

As for the TF/CHX hybrid I had a hard time sticking with it but did the CHX workouts just fine.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Today I did burn intervals and then a 20 minute run :)

It makes me grrrrrr when i can't get through the overhead presses using 5lb weights!!! Ridiculous!

I do turbofire too - I LOVE IT!!!!!

I love dancing and have done since I was very young, so for me it is absolutely perfect. Choreographed kickboxing, plus I like having an entire class full of people to follow on the screen.

I don't do any of the hybrids floating around, I made my own, but that's just based on my preferences - for example I don't really enjoy the HIITS, so they're not in my hybrid!
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Hi, Today was a day off. I have not done turbo jam a lot but I do enjoy the music. I love the music in Turbofire. It did also take me forever to learn tFire. I have a hard time with the coreogrophy. I started out with turbofire then moved to turbojam a few days for a change of pace. What helped me a so much was doing the Fire Starter Class and is a great workout. I have the DVD but you can do online fore free at the link below. It looks easy but really makes you sweat. Also there are a some of the T Jam workouts on you tube in full that you can try.
    As Far as my CLX schedule I do the 3 strength workouts Plus abs & 2 Cardio of mostly running or some fun cardio like tf. Burn it off and Burn Intervals are awesome workouts but just needed a change of pace as I have done so many rounds of clx. I have been using CLX to keep in shape since 2009.
    I also like the HIIT workouts too and plan on adding them in soon.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbofire-fire-starter-class-video.do?code=BDU_TR_TURBOFIRECLASS
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I'm substituting running for the cardio days. I'm not a good runner, so it's a new challenge.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    I have no rhythm but still like the Turbo Jam workout. I just do my best and I know I probably look really stupid but as long as you keep moving, you are burning calories.

I am only in my first week of Push so I have not gotten board with the cardio in CLX but I have to say I am not a fan of Burn it Off. I hate the move where you step over the band. It is really awkward to do. I do not mind Burn Intervals today. I like how fast to the time goes by and am happy I do not have to spend half the time adjusting my weights.

Burn Intervals and abs today since it is to dusty out to run.