MAY 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Catching up since I've been out of town and on the road.

5/13 2.5 run on dreadmill
    5/14 3.62 run on the above
    5/16 3.84 mile run outside...yay!
    5/18 7.28 mile mtb and back in the saddle:) mtd, 74.53
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    3.2 mile walk. Glad I wasn't out attempting to run and time it. Walked a block with the neighbor and the mini dachshund from yesterday, picked up speed when they turned, ran into two people just staring at a large turtle in the middle of the street. I rescued one from there two weeks ago. I grabbed him before my mouth could say something less than polite to the people unwilling to walk a turtle to the lake across the street. This one was bigger and heavier so my bicep got a workout, had to use both hands for a bit. Let him go into the lake and went on my way.

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    6 miles walked (and danced) today

72.81 miles walked to date
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    5/17 and 5/18 - I didn't run or even walk my usual path- instead I put almost 24,000 steps on my pedometer for yesterday and over 18,000 steps today carrying furniture up out of my basement to our pool deck about 1 acre away- feels like 100s of trips! and then today we dug ground to pour a 5' by 15' concrete slab (I got to push the wheelbarrows back across the yard- about the same acre distance just feet from the ramp coming out of the basement! -to the tree line while my husband and some friends piled those wheelbarrows full of dirt- over and over again). Then we shoveled stone and THEN mixed, poured and smoothed the cement. Started at 7am and just got cleaned up at 5pm)- back breaking work, but it will be so wonderful when we build that pool shed on top of that concrete to store pool and party supplies closer to the "action" rather than in the basement. WHEW! Good thing I've been exercising all these months- otherwise I never would have made it

miles walking for the two days ("guess-ti-mate" at 2000 steps per mile minus just walking around in the house and not really working)- 16 miles! I'm going to float in the pool in just a few minutes- oh my feet!
    Total to date: 85 of 125 miles
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great 40 mile ride today with a group of women I exercise with. We're doing a 50 in June. I've passed my goal of 100, but don't think I'll set a new goal just yet. I have never really earned more than a few token bonus miles on the last day of the month since I joined the group last November and am looking forward to being yellow for once!

0jjNm5.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got in a slow jog of 4 miles this morning & a 1/2 mile walk this afternoon while pushing my grandson.

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Adding a 0.7 mile walk today

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Wild and stormy, took a rest day and did a short walk.

05/15 - 1.5 miles walking
    05/16 - 13.0 miles biking
    05/17 - 15.0 miles biking
    05/17 - 1.0 miles biking (no HRM or Nav)
    05/18 - 1.0 miles walking

Total: 134.0 miles

exercise.png
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    4.84 K walk this morning then 15K run

Total 104 km

exercise.png
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    05/17 - rest day (i.e. really busy day, no time for hike)
    05/18 - 2.7mile evening walk w/ Cora

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    May 18: 12.5 miles running and walking

TTD: 200 miles

exercise.png
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    5/18- 4.1 miles walk/run

exercise.png
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    5/18 - 3.64 mile walk

exercise.png

Took a long walk today. It has been 3 week since I last took a single walk this long. It was much easier that I remember it being last time. :happy:
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    8.2 on the Lewis Trail

67.95 /110

SIDE NOTE FOR ANYONE THAT READS ALL OF THESE> USE SUN BLOCK, DON'T LAY OUT, DON'T USING TANNING BEDS. Spent the last two days inside staying out of the sun and fluorescent lights due to having a procedure called, "Photodynamic Therapy" for skin issues. OR don't believe or listen to me because it will never happen to you. End of lesson. Now back to your regularly scheduled posts.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Sunday 5/18

(Exercise bike 25.44 miles & walk 4.5)

**total 29.94 miles for today

***592.71 miles done and 307.29 miles to go...:happy:
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Move your *kitten* Challenge
    Month: May

Day Date Miles
    Thursday; 01-May 5
    Friday 02-May 10
    Saturday 03-May 9
    Sunday 04-May 0
    Monday 05-May 10.79
    Tuesday 06-May 9.32
    Wednesday 07-May 3.24
    Thursday 08-May 9.33
    Friday 09-May 1.6
    Saturday 10-May 10.94
    Sunday 11-May 10.92
    Monday 12-May 2.29
    Tuesday 13-May 10.39
    Wednesday 14-May 0
    Thursday 15-May 6
    Friday 16-May 0
    Saturday 17-May 9.37
    Sunday 18-May 12.55
    Total 120.74 miles
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,411 Member
    Options
    A beautiful day today!

6.44 miles

exercise.png

Everyone have a great Monday!

Chris
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,237 Member
    Options
    8.2 on the Lewis Trail

67.95 /110

SIDE NOTE FOR ANYONE THAT READS ALL OF THESE> USE SUN BLOCK, DON'T LAY OUT, DON'T USING TANNING BEDS. Spent the last two days inside staying out of the sun and fluorescent lights due to having a procedure called, "Photodynamic Therapy" for skin issues. OR don't believe or listen to me because it will never happen to you. End of lesson. Now back to your regularly scheduled posts.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!!! That's a cancer treatment. Uhhhhhh, are you treating precancerous lesions? You are doing a lot of activity for someone with the cancers those are approved for. Is that being used for something I'm not aware of?

Dean
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!!! That's a cancer treatment. Uhhhhhh, are you treating precancerous lesions? You are doing a lot of activity for someone with the cancers those are approved for. Is that being used for something I'm not aware of?

Dean

http://lagunaskincenter.com/articles/blue-light/

is website that I've seen that explains it pretty well. I don't have the "C" word, but I've had bouts with basal cell. The PDT is a preventative procedure treating precancerous issues that if left untreated become cancerous. I'm not a Dr., but that is what I've gathered. As the website explains they use PDT for acne situations as well. I wear a hat as often as possible when I'm outside and I'll be using more sunscreen in the future. Long sleeve shirts might be a good idea as well.

Sorry to the moderators if I steered us off course at all.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,237 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it's pre cancer basal cells. Makes me think I should be wearing more sunscreen when I ride. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.