Days with NO dessert: 10
    Days with dessert: 1*
  • ahendz
    ahendz Posts: 16
    Options
    May 11:
    ME- 7
    Binge- 4

determined to keep that binge number under 5!
  • everdark
    everdark Posts: 7
    Options
    DAVE-7
    binge-4

I wasn't as good as I could have been over the weekend, determined that this will be a
    good day ( week )
  • inthedistrict
    inthedistrict Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    May 11

Me 6
    TB 5
    Mind over matter
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Me: 8
    TB: 3
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    May 2014:

Me - 11**
    Be - 0

Days binge-free: 19
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    On my news feed today was a question from one of my MFP friends asking what everyone misses most while trying to lose weight. People came up with all sorts of answers. Most of them very delicious. I thought about what I miss. The truth is that there isn't really any specific food that I miss because I just manage my calories to be able to have a little bit of whatever I want. What I miss is being able to eat freely without having to think about calories. An extension of this, and what I also miss is bingeing. I know its bad for me, but as horrible as I feel when I binge there is something about just eating huge amounts that I find very satisfying. maybe even comforting. Its difficult for me to think that I should probably be aiming to never feel satisfaction in that way again. But bingeing, by its nature cannot be done in moderation, and therefore has to be completely off limits. I know for sure that I do not ever want to be controlled by TB again. Also, it seems (I've only been doing this for a little over a month) that the urges become weaker, or my ability to control them stronger. But like a former addict, I have to completely abstain or its too easy to fall back into my old ways,

I can completely empathize with this. It is a satisfaction of some kind to eat until you're completely full without thinking of calories and consequences. But you're right, it's not a one-off thing that you can do when you feel like it because it grabs hold of you! Keep thinking of the positives of healthy eating and losing weight, for they far outweigh the negatives.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    May 2014

Diane - 8
    Binge - 3
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    May 12

Me: 12
    TB: 0

I have been feeling hints of a binge floating around in the back of my mind for the last couple of days but have been able to control it. Today I was out shopping and passed a shop selling one of my binge foods. I went in, and took one off the shelf. then took another off the shelf. I had eaten both within a minute of leaving the shop. I then walked passed another shop and in the window was more binge food. I felt the familiar urge. Fortunately the entrance to the shop was in the opposite direction or I don't know if I could have resisted. But I kept walking. Finding some strength, I then walked away from the shops and walked through the residential streets to get home so that I wouldn't pass any more temptation, thus avoiding what would have almost certainly become a binge. 15 minutes later I was home, and I can honestly say the urge to binge had vanished. I have not felt any urge all afternoon. I'm sure that I could pass those stores now without a problem. It just makes me wonder if perhaps I have to find a way of eating the food I am craving, without being in a situation that could develop into a binge. I have never before found that the urge to binge was lessened after eating binge food. But maybe that's because I didn't ever eat it in moderation. As soon as I ate some of it, I started bingeing. There are posts all over the forums saying that if you crave something then you should find a way within your calories to eat it in moderation. The problem is that for me, the feeling of craving something is the same as the urge to binge and I worry that if I give in at all, then it will become a binge. Today's experience was just one day, and it might have been a coincidence, but I will try it again when I feel I can.
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    May 12

Me: 6
    TB: 6
  • everdark
    everdark Posts: 7
    Options
    DAVE-8
    binge-4

Not always makjng the right choices but not losing the plot either.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    May 12

Me: 10
    Binge: 2*

Days WITH dessert: 2*
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    May 2014

Diane - 9