May Challenge

Options

Replies

• kdaughertyfp
    kdaughertyfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    5/02/2014 - 45 minutes Strength training & 44 minutes Nustep (I was only doing 32 min then got on the phone and went longer)

I will try the quote tomorrow and see how that works. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong because I could not edit.
  • monmonof3
    monmonof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Karen, Thank you for starting this challenge. Just what I needed.

May 1: I posted this as 20 minutes of dog walking. Actually the goats got out of the pen and I was chasing them around to catch them and get them back in the pen.

May 2: Gardening 60 minutes
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Well looks like i got to drop out. I got food poisoning this morning and wasn't able to do a thing today and i have a feeling tomorrow wont be much better. Thats three days out already.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well looks like i got to drop out. I got food poisoning this morning and wasn't able to do a thing today and i have a feeling tomorrow wont be much better. Thats three days out already.
    I'm so sorry you're feeling poorly! But please stay in the challenge! Its not about a winner, its about being accountable and driven. So even if you have to put "ill" for a few days that's fine. Just keep track the whole month here. Blessings to you!
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    Sandy's May Challenge activity
    Day :
    1- walking 30 min, stretching 30 min
    2- dancing 20 min, stretching 30 min
    3- Walking 30 min, stretching 30 min
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

May 1: I posted this as 20 minutes of dog walking. Actually the goats got out of the pen and I was chasing them around to catch them and get them back in the pen.

LOVE it.... goat chasing as cardio!!!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're feeling poorly! But please stay in the challenge! Its not about a winner, its about being accountable and driven. So even if you have to put "ill" for a few days that's fine. Just keep track the whole month here. Blessings to you!

I agree, Rat! Stay in... maybe I can come up with some other categories of prizes as we go along.
  • kdaughertyfp
    kdaughertyfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options

5/01/2014 - 61 minutes NuStep

5/02/2014 - 45 minutes Strength training & 44 minutes Nustep (I was only doing 32 min then got on the phone and went longer)

5/03/2014 - 63 minutes NuStep
  • monmonof3
    monmonof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

May 3- Dancing 10 minutes
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Oh Pat no!! I just saw you were sick. Please continue.. hey.. doesn't having to run to the bathroom every few minutes qualify as 5 minutes?

We walked the dogs today.. so despite this migraine that won't go away I did get a 20 minute walk in and the dogs were ecstatic. Our dog park is a total of 31 acres of mostly woodland trails.. the dogs love it.
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am about to get out and drive a few hours to take my son to go to his dads for the weekend so it has been rush rush rush today lol, But I did fit in one Zumba song that was 5 mins. I want to do more tomorrow, but I just didnt have enough time today since we are about to be on the road. I am proud though that even though I had to leave in 15 mins, I got in at least something today :) thanks Karen again for coming up with this challenge!

Since I didnt write it yesterday :)
    May 1 -0
    May 2 - 5 mins zumba
    May 3- 30 minutes walking at the mall
  • andysdream
    andysdream Posts: 54
    Options
    May 2: water aerobics 45 min
    stationary bike 15 min
    Silver Sneakers exercise class 45 min

May 3: toning with 3 lb weights (upper body) 5 min
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    May1 - Walking parking lot 10 mins
    May 2 - Walking and stairs 10 mins
    May 3 - Walking 20 mins
    May 4 - 15 minutes walk

My activity is so much lower than everyone else's, my body truly does not function well at this weight.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    May 01 - 45 minutes on stationary bike - 13.8 miles + 40 minutes on the elliptical - 1.23 miles + 27 minutes strength training
    May 02 - 45 minutes on stationary bike - 13.9 miles
    May 03 - 45 minutes on stationary bike - 14.4 miles
    May 04 - 45 minutes on stationary bike - 14.7 miles
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    May1 - Walking parking lot 10 mins
    May 2 - Walking and stairs 10 mins
    May 3 - Walking 20 mins

My activity is so much lower than everyone else's, my body truly does not function well at this weight.
    As long as you're doing what you can do, that's all that matters!!! You'll notice your stamina slowly increasing over time. You'll get there, just be patient with yourself. Every little movement is so beneficial, have what my mom used to call fidget feet. She would constantly move her feet while sitting, she would say "Have you ever watched your skinny friends who seem to eat everything in sight and still stay thin -their fidgettie. So act like a skinny person - fidget!" Lol!
    We all work at our own pace. You'll get there. And we'll be here to cheer ya on!! You go Girl! :drinker:
  • KarenZen
    Options
    May 2: 40 minutes aquasize, 30 minutes laps, and 5 minutes of dancing like a lunatic to technopop in the deep end of the pool.
    May 3: 5 minutes of stretching
    May 4: 30 minutes swimming

(I plan to have FUN with this challenge!)
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    May 2: 40 minutes aquasize, 30 minutes laps, and 5 minutes of dancing like a lunatic to technopop in the deep end of the pool.
    May 3: 5 minutes of stretching
    May 4: 30 minutes swimming

(I plan to have FUN with this challenge!)
    Swimming sounds like so much fun!! I cant wait till its warm enough to go to the beach. Just think of how many calories just walking trough the sand will burn!!!
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Late as usual :)

May 1st - 30 minute slow walk
    May 2nd - 30 minute mixed walking
    May 3rd - 20 minute slow walk
    May 4th - 30 minute slow walk.

Someone mentioned tips to get in exercise. I do not have any machines at home and cannot afford gym membership. I have a couple of dvds I use when I get focused, one is yoga for the rest of us, Peggy Cappy, she does chair yoga for people who cannot get onto the floor etc. I also have walk away the pounds, Linda someone lol sorry cant see it from here. But my big tip which others have laughed at but I dont care.... marching or walking while folding and putting away clothes. It might not be much of a workout for people with only a few pounds on them, but for people like us it is certainly something.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    Sandy's May Challenge activity
    Day :
    1- walking 30 min, stretching 30 min
    2- dancing 20 min, stretching 30 min
    3- Walking 30 min, stretching 30 min
    4 - Walking 30 min, stretching 30 min
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    May 1st - Working... (it was a very long day)
    May 2nd - Vomiting (does that count because I think my chest mussels would have something to say about it)
    May 3rd - Begging to be knocked unconscious ( my chest mussels were right, dry heaving is a workout)

I was always going to do my exercises, thats my normal routine, but i guess im still in since you said we can have 2-3 days out. I've just used all mine up from the start.