Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    So when does the actual sign up start?
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    DIdn't ride last years tour, so I suppose any number will do. I just wannna ride.:laugh: :laugh:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options

I'm just trying to build up a little Antici.......
    ....pation :laugh:

(serious answer - I'll launch a new thread for signups to the TdF on Monday/Tuesday next week (23/24th) - date depending largely upon when I decide to take my "rest day" from riding)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

I'm just trying to build up a little Antici.......
    ....pation :laugh:

(serious answer - I'll launch a new thread for signups to the TdF on Monday/Tuesday next week (23/24th) - date depending largely upon when I decide to take my "rest day" from riding)

Nice. :-)
  • cyclistphil
    cyclistphil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would really like to get in on this as well. Hope I'm not too late to the party again.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I would really like to get in on this as well. Hope I'm not too late to the party again.

Not at all - we've not started yet - but as I say, keep your eyes peeled from Monday 23rd am, because i'm expecting there to be a fair bit of interest this time, and I'd really like to keep things down to 4 teams maximum - because 36 people logging for 21 days is quite a bit of data to capture and verify - especially when some people have 3 or more rides in one day...
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Stick my name down Mark, any number is fine although with my IRL dossard being with 340, I fancy 34? if a 4th team happens, wasn't in this last year so looking forward to another blast, I may not go quite as full on as I did with the Giro though:)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Stick my name down Mark, any number is fine although with my IRL dossard being with 340, I fancy 34? if a 4th team happens, wasn't in this last year so looking forward to another blast, I may not go quite as full on as I did with the Giro though:)

34x would be a fifth team - 301-9, 311-19, 321-29, 331-39...
  • Jakess1971
    Options

34x would be a fifth team - 301-9, 311-19, 321-29, 331-39...

Ah crap lol, ok scratch that :)
  • Snowoutspokin
    Options
    Im in on this one definitely. Save me a spot pls if you'd be so kind Mark :flowerforyou:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    What I'll probably do, is start the thread with everyone who's already expressed an interest in here pre-allocated to their prior number if they rode last year, and just fill in the gaps with the new riders....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Cool. :-) Count me in. :-)
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! I'm definitely in!!
  • kerrylikesbikes
    kerrylikesbikes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I definitely would love to be in...loved the Giro team.
    My only worry is that I will be on vacation (cycling tho!) quite a bit in July. Since we will be on the move daily I am not sure of the quality of my wifi. I will definitely have my Garmin so my rides will get recorded.

So I can promise hopefully regular mileage for my team, but reporting could be on and off depending on conditions. I just don't know what to expect....but we will be home before the end of the Tour so I can then do a quality control on my inputs.
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If there's room I want in.
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    What I'll probably do, is start the thread with everyone who's already expressed an interest in here pre-allocated to their prior number if they rode last year, and just fill in the gaps with the new riders....

Could you pre-add me in a slot please, don't want to miss out, can be any number, even an 3x1! :)
  • sinker59
    sinker59 Posts: 130
    Options

Sounds like big fun. I'm new, but would like to participate. As I ride trail more than road, my hours are high, but my miles are low. (averaging 8-9mph tends to do that).
  • TheBigYin
    Options

Sounds like big fun. I'm new, but would like to participate. As I ride trail more than road, my hours are high, but my miles are low. (averaging 8-9mph tends to do that).

Post in the new thread I've started mate, and I'll add you in.

New thread here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1334496-2014-mfp-letour-signup-discussion-thread

As the new thread's now up and running, I'm gonna close this one off now - mind the doors folks
This discussion has been closed.