JMBR - workouts

Options

Replies

• dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Here name is Lana and YES she totally just goes through the motions -- very annoying!
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    What about the girl that smiles all the time. Blond... It used to bother me the constant smiling, but it doesn't anymore. I wonder if Lana is suppose to be doing that (just going through the motions) so some people feel like they r doing better than her? I mean her stomach is ripped. She can't really be a slacker, can she?
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing another month of phase 2 just to prolong this program and get my knees stronger for phase 3. Thoughts?
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing another month of phase 2 just to prolong this program and get my knees stronger for phase 3. Thoughts?
    It can't hurt and if that makes you most comfortable then I say do it!
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    What should I do two weeks of 5,6 then two weeks of 7/8 or 5,6,7,8, each week?
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    What should I do two weeks of 5,6 then two weeks of 7/8 or 5,6,7,8, each week?
    I'm doing it the same way as the first time around, but I don't think it would really matter.
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    What about the girl that smiles all the time. Blond... It used to bother me the constant smiling, but it doesn't anymore. I wonder if Lana is suppose to be doing that (just going through the motions) so some people feel like they r doing better than her? I mean her stomach is ripped. She can't really be a slacker, can she?

I'm horrible with names...I think I know who you are talking about though. She's actually one of my favorites. I can still see that she's struggling during certain moves. I could probably learn a thing or two from her constant positive attitude ;)
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I was nervous about starting phase 3 but found 9 and 10 were not as big a leap as I thought...11 and 12 however are - especially 11. I will tell you that there is a lot of jumping with weights and she does a number of squat moves where she wants you to drop your bum lower than your knees in phase 3 - which is tough on the knees (although she encourages modifying if it bothers your knees).
    You could try 9 & 10 and see how they feel or if you know your knees really need more strengthening then repeat all or part of phase 2. I wonder what 5 & 6 would feel like now - will you be challenged enough?

Basically I'm advocating doing what feels right for your body. If you need more time at phase 2 take it because the end of phase 3 is tough. As long as you are being challenged, getting stronger and more fit then you are exactly where you should be. Hope that helps
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm only going to have a few more weeks left in JMBR so I'm going to try to do as much of Phase 3 as possible during that time. When I go back to work in September, I'm going to be rejoining a gym! For now, I'm still doing this every day.
    I'm interested in Jillian Michaels next workout release.
  • jodios528
    Options
    did my last WO 11 YEAH. I have to say it actually felt manageable, but I still don't think that is one I'll go back to much if at all once I'm done (in 2 days).

I really have to seriously start to think about what's next. Would love thoughts and suggestions. What are you all thinking you will do post JMBR????
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    did my last WO 11 YEAH. I have to say it actually felt manageable, but I still don't think that is one I'll go back to much if at all once I'm done (in 2 days).

I really have to seriously start to think about what's next. Would love thoughts and suggestions. What are you all thinking you will do post JMBR????
    I've done one T25 workout with a friend and it was pretty good so I might look into that. However I still have Ripped in 30 that I never started so that's an option. I looked at Chalean Extreme, but I'd have to invest in more dumbbells since the highest I have is 15 lbs. Most people recommend the adjustable ones but I'm not interested in spending $250 on that!

I've done Physique 57 in the past and loved it. It's high intensity barre routines. That might be something different to consider.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can get on board that Insanity WO. I tried one and it just isn't my style. I hear JM is working on a new one. Might give that a try. In a few weeks I'm thinking I'll need to sign back up at the gym to use the treadmill as the weather gets cooler and the days get shorter, usually do a weights/toning class and then an hour on the treadmill.
  • sarahharas5
    Options
    I'm also looking into T25. I've also heard very good things about Turbo Fire. Has anyone tried that?
    Is there any info on the next release by JM? I prefer her DVDs that have a set time frame and more than one workout.
  • jodios528
    Options
    I DID IT. I just finished WO 12 for the last time. I never thought I would get to the end when I bought this program. I still am amazed at how JM whipped me into shape. I'll be going to mix phase 2 and 3 workouts into whatever will be my new routine to keep all that conditioning and strength going.

Keep it up guys!
  • belladelirante
    belladelirante Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Would you be willing to share your results? I love seeing the progress people have made with this program ... keeps me plugging away. I'm only in phase one, so when I get to two and three I'm going to need all the inspiration I can get!
  • jodios528
    Options
    Congratulations! Would you be willing to share your results? I love seeing the progress people have made with this program ... keeps me plugging away. I'm only in phase one, so when I get to two and three I'm going to need all the inspiration I can get!

sure. I was on maintenance when I started so wasn't looking to lose weight. I've actually put on 4 lbs but I believe its muscle because my clothes are looser now than when I started. I wasn't good about taking measurements before I started but I've lost the most inches from my thighs, waist and hips. You can actually see muscle now where I used to be "soft". The cellulite on my legs is almost gone. I'm so much stronger too. I can't believe what I'm capable of now. Even my son is impressed with how much stronger I am (I was the family weakling). Hope that keeps you motivated - all the sweat and effort was so worth it!
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    I DID IT. I just finished WO 12 for the last time. I never thought I would get to the end when I bought this program. I still am amazed at how JM whipped me into shape. I'll be going to mix phase 2 and 3 workouts into whatever will be my new routine to keep all that conditioning and strength going.

Keep it up guys!

Congrats!!! That's so exciting!
  • sarahharas5
    Options

Keep it up guys!

Awesome job! I just saw a statistic yesterday somewhere that said something like 72 or 75% of people who start an exercise program never finish. Who knows if it's true...but sounds about right to me. You should be very proud of yourself :)
  • JLoescher01
    JLoescher01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there! New to the board here. Just started Phase 2 this week. Whew! I am really loving this challenge. I lost 10 lbs in Phase 1 and am hoping to lose lots more. Gaining a lot of muscle and feeling great! Good luck to everyone!
  • pisces3
    pisces3 Posts: 27
    Options
    I haven't updated in a while. I'm on my last week of JMBR. I have to admit I'm kind of impressed I made it all the way through. I've lost a total of 12 pounds and toned up a lot.

I thought 9 and 10 were the hardest, with 11 being right behind them.

I have to get a plan in place of what to do after. I am 6 pounds from my goal. I'm going to look into P90X3. Otherwise, I can just pick randomly from JMBR or some of my other JM DVDs.

I'll probably take on good cheat day in between. :)