Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    whats up everyone! Its suppose to be spring here, but I fail to see it! lol Its still pretty cool most days and we might be getting flurries or showers today. I'm hoping for the showers.

I recently got a fitbit for my birthday, loving it so far. Its the flex, and I've been logging everyingn on the site, food etc etc.

Lisa, how are you coming along with the half marathon training?
  • maureli
    Options
    Treadmill workout done. 40 minutes, 35 run and 5 min walk. Felt great.....well it does now. haha Hope you're all doing good, getting in some exercise and sticking to your plan!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I ran today! I have a 5km race on Sunday & I have hardly run this month. So that answers the question that half marathon training hasn't really been going anywhere. I need new shoes because my hips hurt to run, but I can't find a pair that I love. Even saucony seems to not have a light weight pair that are made for me. Spring is Finally here. Today was the first day that I enjoyed the weather. I wasn't battling a frigid strong wind every where I turned.

My goal for May is to start running at 6:30am again. It is the only way I will get those runs in!
  • maureli
    Options
    Morning Lisa, good for you doing the 5K race without getting too much running in. I guess its safe to say that my running has been the same. Still doing it but not like I had been. I really need to change that! Yesteday i managed a 40 minute run on the treadmill. Today I am working, so if I do anything it will be after supper. Now that its daylight later I have no excuse to get out there after work.

However, my eating has been going very well...for the past week or so. I really need to keep this going because now that spring is here I will be needing to wear some spring clothes. haha
  • maureli
    Options
    Just back from a 6K run on the rails to trails. Felt somewhat difficult, felt a bit heavy and sluggish. I haven't been running otuside a lot, mostly treadmill so maybe that is why. However, it is DONE and i am happy that I got out there.
    Tomorrow I will be driving to my sons apartment (2 hrs away) and moving a bunch of his stuff to my other sons apartment (another 1 1/4 hr away) and then driving 3 hrs to home. UGH...not really looking forward to tomorrow. But it has to be done! I plan to take a few snacks with me so that I don't load up on crap at some point. Lol

How are things going for eveyone else? Hope to get some chit chat going on again! :)
  • maureli
    Options
    Its a new week....and looks like a beautiful one! I love the sun.

Today I am going to do a Chalean Extreme workout and then I think I'll get a walk in. The move on the weekend went well, except that I had pizza and the scale is showing it this morning! I know it must be water...and hopefully it will disappear as quickly as it came.

where'd everyone go? :s
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Yep seems pretty quiet around here these days! I haven't logged in....I seriously can't remember the last time I logged my food :/ Finishing up my second week of 21 Day Fix Extreme so using the containers to track food. Don't like it, so will be glad when it's done and I can start tracking calories again. Need to get back to logging food daily as I've gained four pounds in the last month. Working out every day though.

Maureen, how are you liking Chalean Extreme? I just got her Turbo Fire dvds and have tried a few workouts and love them. That will be my next program after I'm done with 21 DFE.
  • maureli
    Options
    Hi Brenda! I was so glad to see a new post, I've been checking this site daily and theres never anything new posted. Lol I do have the Turbofire DVD's as well, I kind of just change them up and do them as I feel like. If I can't run and want to do a cardio workout I'll do one of the HIIT's. I also like the 10 minute abs one. I absolutely LOVE the Chalean Extreme! I love doing strength workouts and its totally just that. I use anywhere from 10-20 lbs usually and try to do them a few times a week. Trying to alternate it with running but I think my legs get a bit tired so I took yesterday off. Going to run today (its so nice out!) and hopefully they will feel rested.

I've always wondered about the 21 Day Fix. I've seen the little containers etc etc, good luck....I'm sure it works, I've seen a lot of positive stuff.
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Hi Brenda & Maureen. Sorry I have been MIA. I have been working a lot (6-7 days a week). Not exercising, not really dieting. I am going to get everything I need to get my energy back up again. I think that maca really helps to balance hormones & give me energy. There is NOTHING wrong in my life but I feel like I am dragging, & blah for the past 6 months, I stopped having morning smoothies to save calories & time, but I think I need them. So back at it this week so that I can run & work. Hopefully I will have the energy to burn those extra 350 calories. Looks like it will be a beautiful day. So we are keeping our store closed for a much needed day off & will work outside in the garden. Have a great day!
  • maureli
    Options
    Hi Lisa! Sounds like you are pretty busy. I had never heard of maca, had to google it, sounds interesting. Anything to boost your energy is a good thing I'm thinking. Hope you had a good day off!

Its another beautiful day here, got lots to do. The house is always a bit messier after a long weekend. Yesterday I managed to get a 6K run in, finally getting my pace back to where it use to be. Not speedy but I have been running really slow. Today I'm going to do a Chalean Extreme workout and maybe a walk later on.
  • bhox3
    Options
    Happy Saturday all! Long weekend so very happy about that! I'm on the last day of 21 DFE and gained one pound this week. I am so not liking the containers! Will start logging food again tomorrow. Need to get that last 10 pounds off. Starting Turbo Fire tomorrow, but am thinking I'm going to get Chalean Extreme and mix that with running. Only been running once a week since I started the 21 DFE program :'( I miss it. Will have to check out maca - never heard of it either, but I could use some energy!
  • maureli
    Options
    Hello B! Good luch with that last 10 lbs, usually the most stubborn of all. I was at that point, but have since added another 10 to it, so I'm now trying to lose about 20. Ugh. Have fun with turbofire! I have done some of those as well, the HIIT ones get you really sweating. Lately I've been doing a mix of the Chalean Extreme and running.

Taking today as a rest day, I haven't had one in awhile and I am working today so it will work out perfect. Hope to run tomorrow.

Hope to hear from you soon!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Hi Maureen! Just got my Chalean Extreme DVDs yesterday and tried out the first Burn Circuit - loved it! Also did Turbo Fire Fire Starter - still have hard time getting the moves down - I'm not that coordinated!! I'll get there though! It is fun and that motivates me to get it done every day. I've also lost 2.5 lbs this week - woohoo! Hopefully I can keep that up.

Hope you had a great rest day!

Have a great Sunday all!
  • maureli
    Options
    awesome for you Brenda! Its so rewarding to see the scale move like that. I know exactly what you mean about the moves with the turbo fire DVD's, at first it seems hard to get them right, but after you do it a few times you just remember them. And you'll probably do them better each time around. I did Chalean Extreme Phase 2 Circuit 2 yesterday. There is a 10 minute abs workout on her turbo fire one that I do often as well. Its a good one. I usually do it after the Chalean workouts.

I am off to work this morning, it is totally dumping out. guess it will be a rain jacket kind of day. Today will be rest day for me. Have a good one!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    We are still super busy & working 7 days a week. The weather turned really cold on the weekend. So we had a bit of a break in the action. Another month of this then I will be able to exercise & run again. I keep hoping every morning that I wake up in time with the energy for a run.

You guys are motivating me with your exercise. Maybe tomorrow...
  • bhox3
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Gained a pound this week - I say it's muscle not fat :# Been doing mostly Chalean Extreme this week. Maureen, I tried that ab workout from Turbo Fire and holy cow! Felt that one for a couple days. Yesterday I did the one from CE. That wasn't as bad so I think I'll stick with the Turbo Fire one - feels like it worked more muscles.

Good to hear from you Lisa! It's tough when you work that much. Hope you find some time for yourself!

Have a great weekend!
  • maureli
    Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday I had my first HOT run. I know that some would laugh at me, our temps here where I am in NS don't get nearly as hot as some of you....but I'm just not use to it. Plus, it was muggy, a lot of humidity. so...I suffered through an 8K run, but was very happy that I did it. Today I'm not sure what to do. I've been alternating my running days with Chalean so technically its a strength day for me.

Lisa, sounds like you're still pretty busy, hope you can get back to your exercise and running again.

Brenda - I find that my weight hasn't been dropping much, but I can tell that my clothes are fitting better. I think my body is changing with the Chalean workout, things are firmer for sure. Just going to keep at it, its got to be a good thing, how can it not.

Its Sunday, so we'll be going to my moms for lunch. Going to get the rest of my flower pots done this afternoon, I've been a bit slack with that. But....we really just haven't had the weather for it. I'm only motivated for something like that when its nice and warm! lol
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Happy Monday! I was so close to running this morning. My plan was to drop DD off at 5:30 (5 day field trip to Quebec City & Ottawa) and run.. I woke up at 2am, & knew that I wouldn't be able to work at all if I ran. Oh well, clothes are out & waiting for me tomorrow. I booked a cruise for the end of January this weekend. I want to lose this weight once & for all, so I am back to feeling good & gave more energy. I still don't energy but it is a cycle that I need to break. Our store is slower & I have great staff, so no more excuses
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Happy Monday! I was so close to running this morning. My plan was to drop DD off at 5:30 (5 day field trip to Quebec City & Ottawa) and run.. I woke up at 2am, & knew that I wouldn't be able to work at all if I ran. Oh well, clothes are out & waiting for me tomorrow. I booked a cruise for the end of January this weekend. I want to lose this weight once & for all, so I am back to feeling good & gave more energy. I still don't energy but it is a cycle that I need to break. Our store is slower & I have great staff, so no more excuses
  • LisaPower123
    Options