Today I Will ______________

Options
Since, it's officially Sunday in MA, let's start the day with some thoughts on what I will do today to improve my life.

Today I will start my C25K program. Thanks for the inspiration Emy!

ok I need to be honest here….there is a some dread with me making that my goal for the day :smile: But I read somewhere "The Journey Begins Where the Comfort Ends" and Emy's post did get me thinking I should be doing more.

So again, Today I will start my C25K program!

Replies

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Today I will run 6.5km & cook ahead for the week. (Also work half of the day, clean my house & help get DD ready for dance recital rehearsal!)

Go Cindy! I started with C25K in the Fall of 2012 & a couple of weeks ago I ran 10km (ran the entire time)! I could hardly run 30 seconds back then, and I really didn't think I liked running. I listened to podcasts that told me when to start & stop running. I think if I was to do it now, I would use the Zombies, run 5km training app. I use the Zombies, Run app for my runs now & it makes it more fun for me.
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you Cindy that yesterday morning I was browsing the forums as an avoidance technique for my w1d2 walk/run. I had read that it was best to try to get the workout in in the mornings if you lived in a hot, humid area like I do. So I told myself Friday night that I would get up Saturday morning and just so it! Well, I was definitely stalling and then I saw this new group! I told myself I would join, write my intro and then immediately go do my workout, and I did! Boy was I glad, because it was so much nicer doing it at 8 or so in the morning versus when I did the first one at 7 in the evening on Thursday. Thanks for the motivation!

Today, I'm going to do my resistance workout and try for my three sets of 10 on most exercises (not going to push myself on the push-ups - just want to improve on those each time). I'm also going to do my grocery shopping this morning. I'm really working to plan my meals in advance for each week. I work 4 10 hour days each week with no time to leave work at lunchtime and nothing but vending machines and one delivery option. I have to bring everything for the day in with me. Thanks to Cindy's post yesterday, I bought the 17 day diet book and I'm going to give it a try. Thanks again Cindy! It looks like its not a lot different from my original plan, just with more restrictions especially on fats and certain carbs in the first cycle. I feel I can handle that for just 17 days and I believe I will do better with something that gives me a kick start.

Lets all keep up the good work! I found a lot of motivation yesterday by browsing the success stories. I really want to progress to heavy lifting! It's amazing what some of the ladies have done to transform themselves using heavy lifting!
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Thanks Emy and lpeltenburg - the extra boost to get there is great! Good luck to both of you in your challenge for the day! Can't wait to hear tonight how it worked. Emy, do 1 or 2 push ups. A bit back I couldn't do more than 2 - I did Jillian Michaels Shred and I am now up to 18 straight and on a good day can fit more in.

FRIENDS! Not enough I Will's for today…. start writing! :)
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Today I am going to stay away from junk food and log all calories. I have been neglecting that. I can run 5 km but I would love to improve my time. Does any one have a program for that.
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Today is my day off, so I will clean house and do yoga. I'm also going to try to plan meals for the week, lunch and dinner. Lunch should be easy as it is just for me at work, but dinner is tougher as it depends on when we get chores done and if we can grill (it's usually too windy!).
  • MommaRobs
    MommaRobs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today I will walk my dog and do some yard work. I will log everything I put in my mouth. I will believe in myself.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem has always been evening snacking. Tonight I will not have any "unaccounted for" snacks. I tend to open the cupboard and "just grab a handful" and after awhile it adds up! I had a good week, stayed away from the snack cupboard and tonight will do the same. I don't have too much trouble in the day...its just evenings!

I am also going to go for a run this afternoon. Tomorrow I will be away so won't be able to get any exercise in...so today is a must. Not sure how far I'll go....will let my legs decide once Im out there :)
  • arya67
    arya67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today I will walk again. Took a slow walk with DH yesterday, need to continue the momentum. Would be nice to be able to do C25K someday but I need to be kind to my knees and lost some first.
  • hope4dcb
    hope4dcb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today I will make a commitment to keep moving! So far 2 mile walk done and 10 min on exercise bike.... Still more time in the day!!
  • JetWan
    JetWan Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Walk for at least an hour. Sunday is my rest day, so that's the only exercise I will do.

And today is my weigh-in day, I'm down 2.8 pounds since last Sunday.

5/18: 184.2
    5/25: 181.4
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Exercise complete!
    Just back from an 8K run. I was a bit overdressed at times...when the sun came out but all and all it went good and I'm happy to have it done.

Congrats on your loss Jetta!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Exercise complete!
    Just back from an 8K run. I was a bit overdressed at times...when the sun came out but all and all it went good and I'm happy to have it done.

Congrats on your loss Jetta!

That's great! I'm so envious of your running habit!

Second on the congrats on your loss, Jetta! You must be so happy!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Today I will start my spring cleaning that I havent had time for because I have been so busy, Curtains all washed and dog walked. Now having some cabbage rolls for dinner
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Congrarts to all of us who did our goal for today. And seriously….THANK YOU! I know I would have not started the C25K if I hadn't had to report back to you all. Every excuse possible would have popped in my head: oh it's going to rain. i'll go after dinner. it's too dark. i'll do it tomorrow ….and many more! So Thank You!

My goal for Monday: Kettlebell workout. I bought myself one in February. It's been pretty in the basement ever since :) So Monday I'm going to do a Kettlebell workout.

Everyone else?!??!!??
  • emy_r
    Options
    I did my resistance training today. Also got my grocery shopping done. I'm off work tomorrow so will try to get some cooking done for the week. Hope everyone had a great day! Cindy, lets do this C25k! We will feel so good about ourselves if we finish it!
  • JetWan
    JetWan Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks Maureli and Emy

Cardio done, 120 minute hilly outdoor walk
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I managed to run 7.1km & to cook at least all my lunches & 2 suppers worth of chicken.

Today I will go to the gym and do heavy lifting, pick up a veggie tray for work & be patient with how busy my life is at the moment. I will also clean my living room so that I don't feel stressed about my messy house when I walk in the door.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Morning friends! Great job yesterday and good goals today! I love the ideas of cooking and preparing food for week makes temptations less hard!! Jetta's 2 hr walk is awesome! I have a huge hill near me and never once in 4 yrs of living here went that route so I'm ding that for a goal this week!

Today is for us (during me a Mom, wife, employee) find yourself that one hour to get you closer to your goal. We deserve it!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • emy_r
    Options
    I will do w1d3 of c25k today. No hills for me here in Louisiana. When I was a young mother, I lived in Mississippi where there were a few more hills. I know walking the hills helped get me back in shape, but I'm not sure i would be rave enough now to face one!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Today I will complete p2w7 of JMBR. I'm also going to run for the two days of cardio with this program. After reading about Zombie, Run app from lpeltenberg, thought I'd give it a try. It's got me excited to run again!