Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Today I ran 6K again. Was kind of undecided between running and doing a HIIT workout, but it seemed like a good weather day for running so thats what I did. Maybe do the HIIT tomorrow.

I know it was a beautiful day here & I was envious of the runners. Hopefully tomorrow is just as nice
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I did my resistance training today and almost started the an challenge. Went back to look and see the details and realized it starts June 1.

Tomorrow will be a rough day for me. Have to be at work at 4. Hopefully will get off around 2 but it could be later depending on how things go. Then have to drive to my girls horse show to spend the night and see my oldest compete on Sunday. I'm hoping to get in my C25k workout tomorrow but I will have to try really hard to fit it in.
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Well I made it through yesterday. It was crazy busy at our store, and since I have new staff the pressure is on me to do EVERYTHING. Oh well. I also made it to the fun fair with the kids so no mommy guilt there even!

Today I will go for a run. I am debating between a short interval run or a long run since it is the last day of May & I would like to get some more kms in for the month, even though anything over 4km will put me at the most kms I have ever run in a month. I have more time for a long run tomorrow, & more time to sit around and do nothing, ooops, I mean rest, after running.

Today will be a day of running between the soccer field & work. No time to rest, but I will get lots of steps in & being this busy gives me less time to eat & snack, so hopefully that will keep showing up on the scale!
    Have a great day!
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Well I made it through yesterday. It was crazy busy at our store, and since I have new staff the pressure is on me to do EVERYTHING. Oh well. I also made it to the fun fair with the kids so no mommy guilt there even!

Being a Mommy, Wife, Worker and having time for oneself is a difficult task for women. Nice job getting it all done!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Today I will do day 3 of C2K5.

I will create a grocery list for the week so I can eat different foods than my norm.

I will be good when my husband and I go out for dinner.

Hope you all have a great day!!! :)
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This morning I ran from zombies for 30 minutes. I'm also going to try to get in 10,000 steps with house cleaning, laundry and cleaning the garage.

Have a great day!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Chose to do the Turbofire HIIT 25 workout this morning instead of running. I admit my legs felt tired at the very beginning, but seemed to feel better as the workout went along. I almost decided not to do it during the first few minutes but glad I changed my mind.
    Hoping to make it out to my flower bed to do some weeding.

Lisa - hope your run went well, whether it was the long run or interval run! Sounds like you are going to have a pretty busy day

bhox3 - I need to get this zombie app!! lol Sounds like a great run and lots more steps with all the housework

summerluno - hope your run goes well too. I might be going to dinner tonight as well, and hopefully will make good choices. Good luck!

em - sounds like a busy day ahead for you as well, hope you get your run in!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Chose to do the Turbofire HIIT 25 workout this morning instead of running. I admit my legs felt tired at the very beginning, but seemed to feel better as the workout went along. I almost decided not to do it during the first few minutes but glad I changed my mind.
    Hoping to make it out to my flower bed to do some weeding.

Lisa - hope your run went well, whether it was the long run or interval run! Sounds like you are going to have a pretty busy day

bhox3 - I need to get this zombie app!! lol Sounds like a great run and lots more steps with all the housework

summerluno - hope your run goes well too. I might be going to dinner tonight as well, and hopefully will make good choices. Good luck!

em - sounds like a busy day ahead for you as well, hope you get your run in!

I read a success story the other day that mentioned the Turbofire workout. The poster had great success with it.

I kept to my diet today, but didn't fit in my planned exercise. I ended up working 13 hours, ran home to do a few chores, and then hit the road for the hotel. I did walk a lot more than usual today at work. I walked almost half a mile round trip every hour to gather information. My normal day involves sitting at my desk all day, so I counted the extra walking as my exercise. Will get back on track tomorrow.
  • GKSTcoach
    GKSTcoach Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Avoid the sweets at the graduation open houses I have to attend...and log everything on mfp! :tongue:
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Today I will be kind to myself.

I should be going for a long run today, but I will maybe do 5km. My hip & knee hurt from running intervals yesterday, and from working most of the day yesterday, my feet still hurt this morning too! I woke up really early because I have so much on the go, so now I am exhausted and it is only 7am!

Today is another day of juggling kids & work. It is so busy at work that I should not take time away to take DD to soccer this afternoon, on the other hand I do not like her to miss soccer.

Oh well.. I will do what I can do, & I will make sure I eat proper meals. Yesterday I only had protein bars for breakfast & lunch because I did not have time to make anything else. I won't do that today. I will at least make myself something for breakfast.

Have a great day everyone!
  • maureli
    Options
    Today I will get RIGHT back on track after my wee Saturday indulgence....

Not that I did that terrible, but this has always been part of my problem - not being able to just have "one" indulgent day and not being able to get back to it the next day. All i really had was some extra pasta for supper and 2 glasses of wine (and a couple of handfuls of cracker/chips).

Wow. It sure feels like summer waking up this morning. My hubby is a lobster fisherman and the last day of their season was yesterday. All the traps and rope etc are home safe and sound. So...for me this is summer, he will have some time off now and might get some things done around the house. We're thinknig of clearing a little patch of our land that was never cleared, and putting more yard there.

Got a good chunk of gardening done yesterday, I have made it almost all the way through my flower bed. Once thats done it will be time to mulch. I was really slack with it last year so its making me feel very happy to see it look good! lol

I am contemplating a rest day today, but I'm not totally sure. I will see how this afternoon goes, thinking about going in town for groceries.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Happy June (yes that means fit challenge!)

Today I will do the June Fit challenge, kettle bell workout and shop healthy foods and enjoy the beautiful weather we have.

Enjoy your day all!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Today I did the ab challenge and will try to get in yoga this afternoon. Wanted to weed the garden today, but it rained yesterday and don't feel like playing in the mud!

Have a marvelous day!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Today I did w2d2 of c25k and the an challenge. I hope everyone had a great day! Haven't had a chance to keep up with the posts today but will do some reading tomorrow!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Good morning! I had a lazy day yesterday. I did not go in to work, just got our pond started, took DD to soccer & relaxed. My hip & knee hurt from Saturday's run, so I needed a rest day. I feel so much better today. I used to have days like that all of the time. Since I started on MFP I have a lot more energy, and move so much more.

Today I am heading to the gym, for heavy lifting. My hip still hurts so I am not expecting anything great, even after a rest day. I have let my hip get better because we have a race on Saturday & I would like to improve my time from the last race I ran.

Have a great day!
  • maureli
    Options
    Lisa - Hope that your hip is better soon, especially for your race on Saturday. I too, had a rest day yesterday (although spent it cleaning in my trailer! lol)

Em - glad that you got your C25K in and the abs challenge. I wish I had known about that program when I started running.

bhox3 - I agree about the muddy garden thing. It is so much easier to weed when its dry. Right now its perfect for me to be out there, am hoping to do some this afternnoon or tonight maybe.

summerluno2 - Happy June to you too!! enjoy this beautiful weather, we are having it too. I need to get some healthy shopping in as well, seems like I have a long list right now. lol Hope you have a great workout. I'd like to try a kettle bell workout someday.

Today, I am going to run, a long run would be great but I will let the legs decide when I get out there. lol
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Happy Monday. Today is a busy day for me between a few appts for my son, work, dinner, etc. I am going to making sure at one point I get my C25K and June Abs Challenge.

Maureen, I love the kettle bell! Different pace than the usual. Just started last week so can't say much for results yet, but I do like the workout!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Good morning! I had a lazy day yesterday. I did not go in to work, just got our pond started, took DD to soccer & relaxed. My hip & knee hurt from Saturday's run, so I needed a rest day. I feel so much better today. I used to have days like that all of the time. Since I started on MFP I have a lot more energy, and move so much more.

Today I am heading to the gym, for heavy lifting. My hip still hurts so I am not expecting anything great, even after a rest day. I have let my hip get better because we have a race on Saturday & I would like to improve my time from the last race I ran.

Have a great day!

So glad you were able to get in some rest yesterday! Was just catching up on the posts this morning, and I was feeling your pain from how busy you have been. Good luck at the race on Saturday!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Today I will get RIGHT back on track after my wee Saturday indulgence....

Not that I did that terrible, but this has always been part of my problem - not being able to just have "one" indulgent day and not being able to get back to it the next day. All i really had was some extra pasta for supper and 2 glasses of wine (and a couple of handfuls of cracker/chips).

Wow. It sure feels like summer waking up this morning. My hubby is a lobster fisherman and the last day of their season was yesterday. All the traps and rope etc are home safe and sound. So...for me this is summer, he will have some time off now and might get some things done around the house. We're thinknig of clearing a little patch of our land that was never cleared, and putting more yard there.

Got a good chunk of gardening done yesterday, I have made it almost all the way through my flower bed. Once thats done it will be time to mulch. I was really slack with it last year so its making me feel very happy to see it look good! lol

I am contemplating a rest day today, but I'm not totally sure. I will see how this afternoon goes, thinking about going in town for groceries.

Enjoy your summer with your husband! I bet his hours are crazy the rest of the year. I don't really know anything about lobster fishing, but my husband is a farmer. Anyone whose work is dependent on the season/weather is usually very busy during "work" time.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Today I will not stray and eat any junk.