Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Today I am going for a massage . Not really fitness related but it is well deserved.
  • stephnerR
    stephnerR Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Try W7D3 of C25K again. I have it tackled on the treadmill but outside - not so much. Some of it is in the terrain, and the fact my speed is not controlled but I know most of it is in my head. I know getting out there is better than sitting on my kiester but I can't wait until I get to the point where running is fun - right now it is a chore. I know there are other forms of cardio, etc, I'm just saying I'd rather be sitting, reading a good book. :smile:
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Try W7D3 of C25K again. I have it tackled on the treadmill but outside - not so much. Some of it is in the terrain, and the fact my speed is not controlled but I know most of it is in my head. I know getting out there is better than sitting on my kiester but I can't wait until I get to the point where running is fun - right now it is a chore. I know there are other forms of cardio, etc, I'm just saying I'd rather be sitting, reading a good book. :smile:

So glad to have someone who's further along in c25k here in the group. I've started outside but may move to the treadmill as it gets hotter here. I've read people say that the treadmill is a little easier. I just always seem to get bored on the treadmill. Hopefully you can provide some tips as Cindy and I (not sure if any others here are starting it?) move along in the program.
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Holy Moly - now I know why they say the kettle bell is a good workout. Wow! I ended going to 3 lb weight as there was no way my kettle bell and I would have made it. But …. I did the whole workout so that makes me happy. Again … thank you all as this accountability is keeping me going.

Yes, StephneR we'd love C25K tips!

How did everyone else do today?
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I completed my p2w7 JMBR workout this morning. Also walked, did a little gardening and set up the pool (now that's a workout!!). I'm so glad I joined this group, I almost didn't do my workout this morning, but thought "How do I tell the group that?" Making me accountable - thank you!!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    I completed my p2w7 JMBR workout this morning. Also walked, did a little gardening and set up the pool (now that's a workout!!). I'm so glad I joined this group, I almost didn't do my workout this morning, but thought "How do I tell the group that?" Making me accountable - thank you!!

Busy day Brenda! Great job … and yes I love having to report in :smile:

How long have you been doing JMBR? I have it (been keeping my kettle bell company in the basement). I was able to do weeks 1 and 2, but sets 3 and 4 seemed impossible. I suppose I could have done them even if I only got 1 or 2 of the exercises in, until I improved, but wow was it hard! Have you noticed a difference moving on?
  • emy_r
    Options
    I did my w1d3 workout this evening. It seemed much easier tonight. Feel like I'm getting stronger already!

Made some egg muffins for breakfast for the week, and some turkey taco salad (taco-less) for a couple of lunches. Planning to start cycle one of the 17 day diet tomorrow. Not looking forward to the two servings of yogurt I have to get down though. I've never liked been a fan of yogurt!

This group is helping so much! Hope everyone else had a great day!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just started week 8, have four more to go after this one. This last week has been tough, but I'm definitely feeling stronger and have more energy. I've thought too about redoing a week, but just want to keep fighting through it til the end! The kettle bell sounds like a challenge. Maybe when I finish JMBR I'll give it a try. Any DVD recommendations?
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did my work out at the gym. Squats(110lbs), bench press(85lbs) & barbell rows(85lbs). I also got 10 000 steps throughout the day from work and from helping coach son's soccer team.

Today I will just work & eat healthy. I am tired because I am working 7 days a week & feel like I need a break from running. I will probably still get my 10 000 steps in, and I will walk to my daughter's soccer game tonight if I don't. My feet hurt so bad by the end of the day yesterday that I didn't want to stand anymore. I am hoping that by not running this morning I am more energetic at work.

Have a great day!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Today I will do my resistance training. Lbeltenburg, you are so motivated and working so hard! You are an inspiration to me.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Everyone is writing such great goals …. inspires me to do more!!! On my non-C25K days, I'll be incorporating some of these ideas.

Today is day 2 of C25K; I will add in some push ups at the end.

Keep motivated all … weigh in day is in 3 more mornings!!!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    I did my w1d3 workout this evening. It seemed much easier tonight. Feel like I'm getting stronger already!

Made some egg muffins for breakfast for the week, and some turkey taco salad (taco-less) for a couple of lunches. Planning to start cycle one of the 17 day diet tomorrow. Not looking forward to the two servings of yogurt I have to get down though. I've never liked been a fan of yogurt!

Emy, I started the 17 day diet on May 5. There are great pros and just a few cons with it.

PROS
    - It really works! I've lost 10 since I started which is 1/3 of my goal
    - After the first 4 days you adjust - and really don't feel hungry at all
    - I've learned some things about myself and food
    - I've learned some new recipes and will share

CONS
    - The first 3 to 4 days are hard - stick with it!!!!
    - Cooking dinners is 2 meals because the family needs to eat normal (I usually make the same meal, just a different pan for me with no sugar sauces, starches, etc.
    - Kifer milk is nasty!!! I ended up changing my milk to an organic skim (not recommended til cycle 2 or 3, but I figured this change wouldn't kill me

I can share some recipes I've come up with if you'd like. Dannon Greek Yogurt is pretty good -- the banana cream is the smoothest, but I like all the flavors.

My tip for now: bake some chicken in the oven - I add it to some chicken broth to keep it moist and salt/pepper. Keep in fridge - easy go to snack that tastes good and is always ready if the hunger comes!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    good morning

yesterday was a rest day for me, was on the road all day and only got home later in the evening. So today I will go for a run and do some strength/toning exercises.

Its great reading about what everyone is doing, very motivating!
  • emy_r
    Options

Emy, I started the 17 day diet on May 5. There are great pros and just a few cons with it.

PROS
    - It really works! I've lost 10 since I started which is 1/3 of my goal
    - After the first 4 days you adjust - and really don't feel hungry at all
    - I've learned some things about myself and food
    - I've learned some new recipes and will share

CONS
    - The first 3 to 4 days are hard - stick with it!!!!
    - Cooking dinners is 2 meals because the family needs to eat normal (I usually make the same meal, just a different pan for me with no sugar sauces, starches, etc.
    - Kifer milk is nasty!!! I ended up changing my milk to an organic skim (not recommended til cycle 2 or 3, but I figured this change wouldn't kill me

I can share some recipes I've come up with if you'd like. Dannon Greek Yogurt is pretty good -- the banana cream is the smoothest, but I like all the flavors.

My tip for now: bake some chicken in the oven - I add it to some chicken broth to keep it moist and salt/pepper. Keep in fridge - easy go to snack that tastes good and is always ready if the hunger comes!

Cindy,

Thanks so much! The baked chicken idea should help. My main concern is making sure I get enough protein and calories in so that I'm not too tired for my exercise.

I have the egg muffins (recipe from the book) for breakfast with yogurt and berries. Turkey Taco Salad for lunch and will try to squeeze in another yogurt and berries before 2:00 today. Then for dinner, I'm making the Baked Salmon Dijon. Luckily my family loves salmon so they should eat that as well. I think late afternoon snack will be grape tomatoes and a Persian cucumber. I will need to figure out dinner tomorrow night. My husband is out of town this week, so that makes it easier. Don't have to worry about him as much.

I drank the lemon water this morning. It was okay, but definitely not my favorite!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Just realized I left my egg muffins at home this morning! They looked so good too. Oh well, I guess I will have to eat the yogurt now, whether I like it or not!
  • maureli
    Options
    Very happy right now, managed to run 10K this morning. I was hoping for 8K and I really wasn't feeling bad at all so I kept going. I use to run 10K quite regularly but not in awhile. I've been stuck for quite some time, and I feel like I am finally getting back to myself. Its been a long winter for me, I was just in a slump or something. So yippee!

Emy - sorry you left your egg muffins at home! They do sound yummy, I am sure you will remember them tomorrow! I love yogurt. I like to mix some cottage cheese in with my greek yogurt, YUM. I am addicted to that, lol....its my afternoon snack everyday.
  • emy_r
    Options
    Very happy right now, managed to run 10K this morning. I was hoping for 8K and I really wasn't feeling bad at all so I kept going. I use to run 10K quite regularly but not in awhile. I've been stuck for quite some time, and I feel like I am finally getting back to myself. Its been a long winter for me, I was just in a slump or something. So yippee!

Emy - sorry you left your egg muffins at home! They do sound yummy, I am sure you will remember them tomorrow! I love yogurt. I like to mix some cottage cheese in with my greek yogurt, YUM. I am addicted to that, lol....its my afternoon snack everyday.

Wow! Congrats on the 10K run! That's just a dream for me right now, but hoping one day I can run like that!

I think I will give up on the yogurt, unfortunately. Had to really force myself to eat it all this morning, even with the blueberries and a packet of Stevia. I remembered I had ordered some probiotics with my amazon subscribe and save for this month. I will try to hack the yogurt until I get those, and then will take the pills! Not as good for me I know, but it is what it is at this point.
  • JetWan
    JetWan Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Today I will do at least an hour of cardio and and my 40 minute lower body workout. (Squat, lunges, raises, kick, etc)

Have a great day everyone!
  • maureli
    Options
    oops....I edited this post becuase my "quote" in Emy's reply didn't work out. Had to delete and do it again. :tongue:
  • maureli
    Options

Wow! Congrats on the 10K run! That's just a dream for me right now, but hoping one day I can run like that!

I think I will give up on the yogurt, unfortunately. Had to really force myself to eat it all this morning, even with the blueberries and a packet of Stevia. I remembered I had ordered some probiotics with my amazon subscribe and save for this month. I will try to hack the yogurt until I get those, and then will take the pills! Not as good for me I know, but it is what it is at this point.

Thanks Emy :) To be honest I have been running for a long time, pretty much since 2003. When I did start, I started very slow, and took it real easy. Walk/Run. There have been times when I love love love running, and times when I hate hate hate running. lol This winter I was in "hate" mode. Now....I'm starting to see the love again. lol Hopefully it will last!!

Yes, if you really don't like the yogurt, I'd say go for something else. lol I have always loved yogurt, no problem there. Lol I think I read that you are doing "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle". I actually have that book too and read it a couple of years ago. I am really trying to keep the food ratios in balance, one thing I really like about MFP is that pie chart that it shows you on the app. I don't think you can see it on the website, just the app.