Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Today I will do my resistance training and the ab challenge. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Today I completed the ab challenge and JMBR p3w9. I'm not sure which was worse, the site-ups or Jillian's wacky push ups!

Good luck in the race Saturday Lisa!!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I must say, that I am happy I found this group. It is awesome (& motivating) to see everyone working hard, and sticking to their goals.

Yesterday I got my 10 000 steps. I almost didn't, but decided to play with DS's basketball on the driveway for a few minutes. The rest of my family couldn't resist and ended up joining me. We have never done that before, but I guess with me being more active my family is getting more active too!

Today I will go for a run. 3 or 5km, depends how I feel when I get out there.

Have a great day!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I am kind of undecided what to do today. I did end up doing a long run yesterday, 10Km...almost turned around at the 8K mark but kept going thinking...its only 2 more. So, I was quite pumped to have another 10k run in. I am going to try to continue doing one long run a week, and maybe up the 10 K to 12K at some point. I know I can do it, I have done 2 half-marathons but not in a couple of years.
    So, if I run today it will be a shorter run, or I might do a workout video...Jillian Michaels or something with strength.

Lisa - I agree, so glad I joined this group. Its nice to have the daily posts of what we're doing - lots of motivation here. Nice to hear that your family joined in on the basketball fun with you, exercise and fun! Have a good run today :)

Emy - yes, during the season dh is pretty busy, gone mostly and sleeping when he is home. So, its a nice time of year.

Looks like everyone is doing well with the ab challenge and all their workouts...WTG!
  • emy_r
    Options
    I did my weight routine last night and the ab challenge (with a modification). Going to do w2d3 of c25k today. My husband finally comes home tomorrow and hopefully I will start sleeping soundly again! I'm so exhausted! Luckily he doesn't travel very often.
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Morning ladies!!! Yes Lisa - we definitely motivate each other. As I was doing C25K last night I so wanted to stop and said 'No, if they can do it, I can do it." I was so happy at the end I finished. Thank you all for that!

Today I will do the June Ab Challenge … seriously those sit-ups are impossible and it's day 3 - ha! I will also do kettle bell.

Have a great day everyone!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Today I did JMBR p3w10 and the ab challenge (phew!). I'm also going to attempt 3000 steps today. I sit most of the day for my job so will have to get up and move a lot to get there!

Have a great day all!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Today ended up with a 6km run and oodles of gardening. Went to pick up 20 bags of mulch and had to load them all into the truck myself. So, had a good workout-day! hehe
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Brenda, have you seen results with JMBR? I have the set but never got passed weeks 1 or 2. Interested in how it's working for you.

All, I have to confess today I only did 30 day ab challenge and nothing else (stayed within calories though). I had a hair cut after work and by the time I got home just couldn't find the efforts in me to change and kettle bell, etc. Feeling guilty now, but I will just make sure tomorrow I push a bit harder.

:(
  • emy_r
    Options
    Did w2d3 of c25k today and the an challenge. I actually look forward to the days I walk/jog versus doing my weights. I think because it is faster! I may need to find a weight routine that doesn't take quite so long.

Cindy, I think a day of rest is good. I'm trying for 6 workouts per week, but I'm happy with 5.

Maturely, I get tired just thinking about those 20 bags of mulch!

Brenda, my job is pretty sedentary as well. I just ordered a fitbit so interested to see just how little or much I move throughout my work day.

Sleep well everyone.
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Yesterday I did not run. I regretted it all day, but everything just ached & I was SUPER tired. A few things I have realized. I stopped my morning smoothie & maca. I ran out of the protein powder that has maca in it, and I am out of frozen fruit, so I ate eggs for breakfast instead. I can't think of anything else that I have changed in the past week, so that must be it.

Today I will buy frozen fruit, after my work out at the gym so that I can have a protein smoothie for breakfast. I have already taken Maca pills that I have kicking around, and vitamin C & a multi-vitamin, hoping that all this gives me the energy I need to keep going. Work is still busier then ever, but I want to run and work out before work, so hopefully this helps.

maureli: 20 bags of mulch is A LOT of exercise! good for you!
    Emy & Brenda: I have a fitbit & it has motivated me to move more. I am almost always determined to get in 10 000 steps. I used to have lots of days when I first got it that I was under 5000 steps, I think I have had 1 in the the past 2 months now. I love it!

Cindy: You did more than me yesterday. I got my running clothes on, procrastinated & got dressed for work. Good for you for at least doing the ab challenge!

Have a great day everyone!
    Lisa
  • emy_r
    Options
    Today I will do my weights and the ab challenge.

Lisa, I learned something new today thanks to your post. I'd never heard of maca before so of course I had to google it. Sounds very interesting. I hope your energy returns today!
  • KendraT1992
    KendraT1992 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group, and looking forward to getting to know all you ladies. Today I will get my C25K in even though I'm rediculously busy!!! ~Kendra
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Just joined the group, and looking forward to getting to know all you ladies. Today I will get my C25K in even though I'm rediculously busy!!! ~Kendra

Welcome Kendra! I'm on C25K today as well. hoping the rain holds out!!!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Today I ran/walked for 30 minutes. Hope to again get in 3000 steps!

Cindy, I have seen results with JMBR. I am more toned and definitely feel stronger. I've been very happy with the program. I'm planning on a second go round starting September 1st.

Emy & Lisa, I too look forward more to the days I walk/run versus the weights. For me I think it's because I listen to music (and zombies) while I run and on weight days have to focus on Jillian! I have a Wii U pedometer, but I don't think it's very accurate. I think I'll give the fitbit a try. Lisa, do you have the clip on or the wrist one? Emy, which one do you order?

And taking a day off is not a bad thing - I take every Sunday off from my workouts. I might do yoga, but not always. Sometimes we just need a breather and then get back at the next day.

"If you believe, you will achieve"

Have a great day!
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Today I will eat the proper amount of calories and not whine at my trainer tonight.
  • emy_r
    Options
    Brenda,

I ordered the clip on fitbit. I don't wear anything on my wrists and was afraid the wrist one would bother me. Plus I'm in an office with a bunch of men and would rather them not notice it. They would be nice about it but I really don't like having those conversations with them. I'm sure they would then start giving me lots of "helpful" advice. I prefer to just listen to them talk and pick out the tips that I think might be useful from their programs.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    I like the no whining at trainer :)

Today, was not a day for me. Work was absolutely crazy and I'm literally just finishing up my day at 9:29pm. I was able to stay within my calories and eat properly, but unfortunately not an ounce of exercise and i was really hoping for some to get a boost before Friday's weight in day. Next week I travel for work so there is 4 more days of losing exercise :(

I will make up for it by fitting in an extra 15-30 mins Thurs - Sunday and eating well while I'm away.
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Today I will actually head out for a run. Just a nice easy 5km, turning off zombie chases, but I will still listen to the app. My hip flexor is still a little sore from last Saturday's run, and I want to keep everything as unijured as possible for Saturdays race. Looks like a perfect day out there, cool, sunny, no wind.

Brenda: I use the wrist one. I am not a watch or jewelry person, so it took getting used to but I like the constant reminder.
    Cindy: travelling for work is so hard. I know that when we to to conferences the food & snacks that they serve us are always soooo good. They keep us too busy to hit the gym usually too!

Have a great day!

ETA: looks like maca is the key for me, energy was mostly back yesterday, and feel even better today!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Today I will be eat within my calorie limit, walk the dogs, and complete at least my P90x3 workout. Today is Yoga day so will likely do another workout as well. Maybe a T25 or Turbo Fire workout.

I have a FitBit as well - the wrist kind. I don't wear any jewelry so it was a bit hard to get used to but I really like it. On days that I workout I go for between 4,000-6,000 steps and 10,000 for non-workout days. My workouts don't register steps very well so I just go for fewer steps those days. It does help motivate me to get up and move more. I have a desk job but work from home so am able to get up and move around during the day.

-Shari