Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Wow! Congrats on the 10K run! That's just a dream for me right now, but hoping one day I can run like that!

I think I will give up on the yogurt, unfortunately. Had to really force myself to eat it all this morning, even with the blueberries and a packet of Stevia. I remembered I had ordered some probiotics with my amazon subscribe and save for this month. I will try to hack the yogurt until I get those, and then will take the pills! Not as good for me I know, but it is what it is at this point.

Thanks Emy :) To be honest I have been running for a long time, pretty much since 2003. When I did start, I started very slow, and took it real easy. Walk/Run. There have been times when I love love love running, and times when I hate hate hate running. lol This winter I was in "hate" mode. Now....I'm starting to see the love again. lol Hopefully it will last!!

Yes, if you really don't like the yogurt, I'd say go for something else. lol I have always loved yogurt, no problem there. Lol I think I read that you are doing "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle". I actually have that book too and read it a couple of years ago. I am really trying to keep the food ratios in balance, one thing I really like about MFP is that pie chart that it shows you on the app. I don't think you can see it on the website, just the app.

I hope in 10 years I will be able to say I've been running for a long time. Week one down of the C25K, and so far I'm enjoying it. The crazy thing is that I have never been a runner, but the last few years I have dreamed about running. Not the nightmares where you are running away from something scary, but just dreams where I am running and loving it. I'm hoping my subconscious is trying to tell me something and that I complete the C25K and then become a runner. We will see!

Yes, I just bought the Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle book. I really like it. I'm doing the Muscle Primer workout for beginners 3 times a week. I'd like to do it for 12 weeks, like he recommends, and then move on to either his other routine or something like New Rules for Lifting for Women. The book helped me understand a lot more about macros and percentages. I am doing something a little different than he recommends because I know from experience I don't do so well with a lot of carbs. I've been trying to figure out why some things are different on my phone versus on the computer. Thanks for letting me know there is a difference between the app and the regular website. Now maybe I want spend a lot of time trying to find the same stuff on the website!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    10k - that's awesome! I used to run 5k everyday for about four years before I had my son. Looking forward to getting going again with running, but must finish JMBR first!

Today I will complete p2w8.
  • stephnerR
    stephnerR Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts whether the "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" would be better in hard copy format vs. ereader? Typically if there are pictures I would rather have a hard copy but I heard this book does not have pictures?

For my "Today I Will...", I will try C25K W7D3 AGAIN. Eventually I will get there. I know it will be easier the more weight I lose - it's a nasty circle. :smile:
  • emy_r
    Options
    Any thoughts whether the "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" would be better in hard copy format vs. ereader? Typically if there are pictures I would rather have a hard copy but I heard this book does not have pictures?

For my "Today I Will...", I will try C25K W7D3 AGAIN. Eventually I will get there. I know it will be easier the more weight I lose - it's a nasty circle. :smile:

I got mine in the ereader version. I normally like hard copies, but didn't want to wait. So far it's not bad. I just use my ipad when I'm exercising. There are a few pictures of the exercise, but I think he also has those on his website. The only thing I don't like about the eversion is it feels like it takes a long time to jump to a section.

Here's hoping you make it today on W7D3! It's about the journey anyway isn't it? Even if we don't quite exactly meet the requirements, we are still getting out and pushing ourselves to be better. Even if I was just to keep repeating week 1's workouts, it would be much better than what I was doing before.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options

I repeated days & weeks while I was doing c25k. Took me a long time to finish, a lot of it is mental I think... Once you can get to running the full 30 minutes no matter the distance travelled (I was WAY under 5km) you know that you can run any distance or amount of time you want.
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Happy Tuesday and back to work all. Sounds like people did well today. Poured here so didn't do the C25K but elliptical instead. I'll pick the C25K back up on Thursday. Tomorrow I will do kettle bells again.

Amazed at how well some of you run -- yes emy we will get there!! But in the meantime I will take any tips that can be offered. I always find I can be out walking/jogging for 1hr but I can't get1 mike in straight of jogging. Will the app really do this? Other tips? My 16 yr old and I are going to sign up for a Color Run in September and I'd love to be able to jog the majority of it.
  • emy_r
    Options
    I did my resistance workout today. Upped the reps from 10 to 15 on several of them. The most amazing thing to me is that after 4 of these workouts, I can bend over and touch the floor. When I first started last week, I was sad to learn that I could no longer touch my toes. The time spent exercising is definitely worth just getting some flexibility back.

I somehow managed to get down two nonfat, plain Greek yogurts with the help of blueberries and stevia. Packing two more for tomorrow. The egg muffins were delicious. I had them as a pre workout treat, the baked salmon Dijon was pretty awful. I won't be trying that recipe again. I ate it, but my daughter turned up her nose. I will eat it again for dinner tomorrow. Girls have an out of town horse show so only have to worry about myself.

I won't be getting in a workout tomorrow as I have to get my girls settled in at the horse show and then head back home for work. I plan to pick back up on Thursday with w2d1.

Hope everyone else had a productive day!
  • jerzygrlnal15
    jerzygrlnal15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Start swimming again. I swim twice a week and do some strength training twice a week, but I do give my body a day for rest. Also, I am going to write down everything I eat. Today was the first day that I looked at everything that I put into my mouth, and I must say that I was in shock. YUGH.
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Good morning! Yesterday I did what I planned, basically a rest day. I did not get my 10000 steps in because I was pretty stressed out. I found out a long time (10yr) contractor stole at least 1 customer. We suspected for the last year, but to have confirmation yesterday made it all worse. Life goes on...

Today I will do heavy lifting, and hopefully have more energy to get in those 10 000 steps. DD was coughing all night last night, so I didn't sleep very well.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Today will be a rest day. Maybe some floor exercises tonight, but other than that nothing. I will be working today (I work casual).

Have a great day all!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Start swimming again. I swim twice a week and do some strength training twice a week, but I do give my body a day for rest. Also, I am going to write down everything I eat. Today was the first day that I looked at everything that I put into my mouth, and I must say that I was in shock. YUGH.

Writing is such accountability and so eye-opening! Enjoy the swim :)
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone!

Love seeing us continue to post, in the last 3 days I've felt like I have a journey with someone and has truly made a difference on my outlook -- thanks!!!!

Today is 2 fold for me: 1. Kettle bell work 2. take time to come up with new recipe lists for next week. I get in a route with the same foods all the time. Be good for my body to take in something different and I know I can enjoy some new tastes!
  • JetWan
    JetWan Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Today I will get at least an hour of cardio, do my arm workout and stick to my eating plan.

Have a great day all!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Today I completed 30 minutes of cardio. Used the Zombie 5k, Run app and love it!! Ran most of the 30 minutes, which I haven't done for years. Thank you everyone for all the great ideas to make workouts fun!
  • arya67
    arya67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not beat myself up over the holiday weekend. It's so easy to count and journal when you know what you have cooked - picnic spreads are NOT healthy lifestyle friendly.

On track so far today - gotta keep the momentum going! :-)
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Today I completed 30 minutes of cardio. Used the Zombie 5k, Run app and love it!! Ran most of the 30 minutes, which I haven't done for years. Thank you everyone for all the great ideas to make workouts fun!

Isn't it fun?! I use just the regular Zombies, Run app & I have improved my running time. I have no idea why, but when they tell me that zombies are approaching I am forced to run. I don't want to lose any of my supplies.. Sometimes I feel like telling people on the sidewalk, "RUN ZOMBIES" I know they would think I am crazy! So silly, but whatever works.
  • jojo28012
    jojo28012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Today I will run day 3 of my 40 day run challenge. Hope to make it to 5, let alone 40!!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I normally use the the Runkeeper App, but I think I might need to give the Zombie Run app a try!!! Lol. Sounds kinda cool ;)
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Not beat myself up over the holiday weekend. It's so easy to count and journal when you know what you have cooked - picnic spreads are NOT healthy lifestyle friendly.

On track so far today - gotta keep the momentum going! :-)

Glad to hear you reported honestly! And especially glad you aren't beating yourself up … that won't get you anywhere. We're here to help … next time let us know picnic is coming and we'll cheer you on to a good day …. or maybe kick you in the @ss prior ;-) just kidding; unless you want us to ;-) On to a good day and better week - we are here with you!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Good evening all! I'm about to do kettle bell …. am starting to be intrigued on this Zombie run app! Just popping in to say 'hi' and keep myself motivated for the workout. Will peek back tonight before bed to see how everyone else did!