June Challenges

Options

Replies

• Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,142 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, where are my manners? A warm welcome to all our new members :flowerforyou: So glad you joined us and will be here to encourage us all!
  • NoTry_JustDo
    Options
    Wrong group, sorry!
  • Becky60s
    Becky60s Posts: 11
    Options
    Well, let's see, I'm just starting, so my goals for this first month are 1) to track every single day and stay under calories, and 2) to get some kind of exercise every day, even if it's just getting up from my desk every hour or two to march in place or stretch. Just want to wake up the muscles and circulation, at least! I started yesterday at 286.6, and hope to be under 270 by the first of July. I know 17 pounds is a lot, but I figure I'll be losing a fair amount of water weight this first month.
  • Becky60s
    Becky60s Posts: 11
    Options
    ""...my major exercise was to the fridge and back to my chair!"

Ohhhh, Marian, how I can relate to this!! I sometimes feel that I'm glued to this computer chair, between 8 hours of work and then the fun computer stuff after work!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Love seeing all the new faces!!
    I had a Dr. appt today and he was very complimentary with my weight.

1. I did walk over 8000 steps today with 30 minutes of cardio
    2. Healthy eating
    3. I am talking to all of you

soooo - goals met for today!
    See all of you tomorrow
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Soon I will have more details on the June goals. Mostly, I need to track daily again, food and exercise, and get sweaty on purpose more often. I'm meeting a new trainer this morning and I'm really excited to see what she has to offer!

I don't want to let work dominate my time so badly, and summer is always the easiest time to work on that. Back to my fave rule: no shower goes undeserved.

Have a great one, all ----
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I had my healthy breakfast and rode my stationary bike for 24-25 minutes = 9 miles.

Feeling ridiculously proud as though I've actually accomplished something.

HAHAHA!

:laugh: :bigsmile: :blushing:

I'm always amused at the end of the day when I get the message that if I ate like this every day, I'd be at x number of pounds
    in 5 weeks.

Except for a few days (let's not count vacation) I've been UNDER my calorie goal consistently but haven't achieved the projected weight loss. I have to ignore that thing..I suppose they are basing it on a 20 year old.

:noway:
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm new to your group - I need to loose about 45 lbs and I've lost 7 so far. This months goal is 3 lbs. I can't exercise very much, but I try to keep busy and active. The lbs are coming off SLOWLY but I figure that is the good kind of weight loss.

here's to a good month! :drinker:
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Cris: Have you realized that if you go back five weeks from today and it won't be accurate because it will refigure it at your current weight. I know one of my MFP friends always thought she was so far off! She didn't realize that was what they do. I sometimes make a note in advance in my food diary. I have been pretty close until this last time! Usually running about 3 pounds off. Maybe you aren't as far off as you think.

Deb: Yes, slow and steady is good!
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Cris: Have you realized that if you go back five weeks from today and it won't be accurate because it will refigure it at your current weight. I know one of my MFP friends always thought she was so far off! She didn't realize that was what they do. I sometimes make a note in advance in my food diary. I have been pretty close until this last time! Usually running about 3 pounds off. Maybe you aren't as far off as you think.

Thanks, I had forgotten about that! I do keep another chart... in fact.. it goes back several years.
    You can imagine how much exercise I get just kicking myself over having gained about 20 lbs durng that time..

:sad:

It's like that old joke: "I've lost 100 pounds--the same 5 pounds, 20 times..."

:laugh:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Howdy to all the wonderful new members of this group. So good to have you all here.

I see many excellent goals for the month. I wish us all luck in achieving them! It CAN be DONE!!

My goal is to really get back to logging my food each day and not forgetting. I have a habit of keeping track in my head and forget to log here. I am working on losing 10 pounds I had gained back over a few months time when I had to stop exercising and started eating just junk, junk and more junk! No more. I have lost 4 of them so far.

So, goal for Jolly June will be to be "jolly" haha and to exercise at least 4 days a week. I feel once I was released to go back to it, I sort of over did it. Plus I would like to lose 3 pounds this month, or at least 2.

Here's to a wonderful June with all of us wonderful peeps meeting our goals and then some.
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cris, I am keeping track of that 5 week mark also. I want to see how accurate it is when I can weigh myself again. But like Charlie said, it can't be that accurate because it recalculates all the time.
    Anyway, continued good luck. Keep riding that bike.
    Claudine
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Over 11,000 steps today so all good...including a mile and a half run.....gardening and then sat enjoying the lovely warmth of the sunshine...... so looking forward to a sunny summer....I know it is going to rain all day tomorrow...lol :sad: :bigsmile:

Lovely to see everyone so positive at the start of a new month........ :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • alexandriabenson
    alexandriabenson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have decided to change my goals for June. I cannot control what that the scale says.....but I can control what I do A goal that is about what the scale says is setting myself up for failure!!. I will exercise more, keep my carb level low, keep my calorie levels low, etc. I'm also not going to use the term "weight loss" as loss implies a negative term. I will report my progress as "I have achieved my new weight as ___lbs" Which is lower than "_____".:smile:
  • ginnylee75
    ginnylee75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    opps, wrong one.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I have decided to change my goals for June. I cannot control what that the scale says.....but I can control what I do A goal that is about what the scale says is setting myself up for failure!!. I will exercise more, keep my carb level low, keep my calorie levels low, etc. I'm also not going to use the term "weight loss" as loss implies a negative term. I will report my progress as "I have achieved my new weight as ___lbs" Which is lower than "_____".:smile:

Great attitude.....you are right......a goal should be achievable because of our determination, control and good practice...... the weight loss/change is a happy result of achieving the behaviour goals ..... :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • retiredholly54
    retiredholly54 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Alex and Jean you are so right - new insight for me - thanks so much. Just getting off my butt the last couple of days and enjoying the walking has me in a whole different mind set. This morning rushing to get laundry on the line and clean up the kitchen so I can get out for my walk - yep that's what I said. Forces from this group have gotten me under their spell and enjoying walking in the great outdoors. :devil:

Have a great week everyone.

Holly
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Saw this on Pinterest

9f02ef06cea92dd4b0b0e32f94d32c7e.jpg

I think I'll invest in an early morning bike ride.

Have a great Wednesday everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Good morning all of you "Jolly Juners"!

Yesterday:
    1) steps = 5296 ( I really think I made 6000 b/c there were times I walked w/o my fitbit on)

2) eating = 1294 calories - until 12:00 midnight then I went crazy :devil: that is right, the devil made me do it

3) I am checking in with you but will not be able to talk till this evening as my Schnauzer, Barkley, gets a hair cut this morning.

So I will see you all this evening.
    Let's keep this our Jolly June by meeting all of our goals!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Another beautiful day up here in Quebec - big thunderstorm last evening (after frantically finishing planting the last of the vegetable garden!) and this morning is sunny and fresh. Sadly my first run after getting some work emails done is to the grocery store. Then I'll get to my exercises this afternoon, promise!

I love the attitude in this great group - we all know it's hard, but no one is whining. We do what we gotta do, fail sometimes, and always aim for progress. Way to go!