June Challenges

Options
Well here we are starting a new month and a new beginning for our weight loss goals. For the month of June I would like to loose 5 lbs., exercise everyday and keep my calorie count below 1200. I have at least three lunches to attend this month (so far) so I will have to exercise a lot of self control :laugh: . Good luck to everyone and looking forward to hearing your challenges for June. :flowerforyou: Alex

Replies

• Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'd also like to lose 5 pounds this month.....that will bring me down to 124, and I'll be very happy with that.

I rarely go out to lunch, but when I do I eat lightly....a salad, dressing on the side, or steamed vegetables....or a baked potato. A light vegetable soup, if they have it. I'm a vegetarian/vegan, so a lot of things are immediately eliminated.

I plan to walk every day, and start using my hand weights.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and here's to a Jolly June!

I am going to maintain the walking....up the running... maintain the weight/lose a couple of pounds.... hopefully enjoy a lovely month .... :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm joining in this group for the first time - I have been on mfp for ages, though, and have been mostly on maintenance. I took a break from posting for several months to see how well I could maintain without tracking, and it has been mostly ok, but lately the exercise has been slipping off the table. No more of that!!

This month, that is all I want to do -- get back to a minimum of 30 minutes good sweaty exercise 6 days a week. I'm not so sure about today, as I'm slogging through a nasty cold, but will do what I can.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Welcome to our gang Jugar .. a few of us are at or around goal so maintaining is a big deal round here.....:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Jean
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi .

I am, also, new to this group. Have been a member for a while and been coasting for months. Decided to rededicate myself to logging daily. My goal for June is to lose 5 pounds. Exercise 45 minutes 6 days a week. And to eat fresh, healthy foods. Trying to eat 1 big, varied salad daily.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    June is going to be a really challenging month as I am being forced to change my exercise program. I have been a heavy biker for the last few years but with staying in Phoenix this summer :angry: that is out of the question. I'll be joining the "Y" tomorrow and focusing on an upper body program. <Big Sigh> My DD says I'll love lifting…me, I'm not so sure! :noway:
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I am not new - but have not been on forever!
    So my goals for June:

1) continue losing - hopefully 5 lb by the end of the month - we have many family BD this month. In fact from June 18 - June 28 we have 4 BD, two Grands and two DDIL, then 1 anniversary - so I must be very careful with food. I think we will be celebrating them all here the week-end of June 21st. It will be a house full! :drinker:

2) continue walking daily except Sundays - I am still not going much over 6000 b/c of the leg but I am hopeful with a gradual increase I will be able to get to at least 10,000 by July. But as you know it is just a wait & see game.

3) post daily. I have kept my food diary up to date but I need, really need, to talk to you all!! :bigsmile:

I am with Jean, let's make this a Jolly June!!
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be down another 6 pounds (or so) by the end of the month. My biggest challenge will be dealing with a week away from home, spending most days with my mother in a nursing home. I doubt whether I'll get much exercise that week (mixed emotions about that to be honest :laugh: )

May we all reach and/or exceed our goals!
    -ker
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I haven't been on here much because the app on the Ipad makes it too difficult, but tonight I'm on the laptop. So...

Jeanrob: I don't know how you keep up the enthusiasm about walking and running--summer is in my neck of the woods with heat and air pollution. That keeps me inside. I do have a non-motorized treadmill (old mechanized one died), but it really is difficult to use. I'm to do dance more and use my walking DVD.

Jugar: I've been here for almost 2 years and am now maintaining whether I want to or not. My doc says it is a healthy weight so not to worry. I know I need to log every day because otherwise my eating gets carried away after about a month or so. I'm trying to find a fun exercise, but can't seem to get into a routine.

Wooken: Sorry about not being able to bike this summer because I know you love it. But you'll keep exercising and get strong at the Y.

For my part, I've spent the last week getting the house ready for 3 grandkids. They are coming this week for a week or so. I'm sure they'll keep me hopping (LOL). Lots of pool time I hope and hubby says now that the youngest (7 yrs) can ride a 2-wheeler, we can take them on a trail here and ride. I hope the weather cooperates.

I'm with Jean, let's all have a jolly June.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Ah. June!

I was hoping, back in March when I started here, that I would lose 15 pounds by the end of this month. We have a vacation coming up which involves a reunion with people I haven't seen in over 40 years. A couple of them were college roommates so I was hoping to look BETTER than they do. :laugh:

As you can see by my chart, I will not achieve that goal. :sad:

But my doctor is pleased with my progress, my BP and A1C numbers, etc. So I suppose I can put my lab results in my purse and wave them around if anyone looks askance at my backside.

Well onward. Maybe I can lose a couple more pounds by June 26.....
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Although I'm not in AZ, I, too, am worried about the heat - it can get pretty miserable in Ohio. I really don't do so well, so will try to keep my walking outside going, but may be a little slower. I really want to get to 180 by the end of the month. But, who knows. I can't figure out why I gained so much last week.

Otherwise, I will try to just keep up doing the same. I can't really up the walking anymore than I've been doing as I am averaging 7 miles a day and 3 of those are cardio miles, but I will vow to do the resistance bands 5 days a week.

Welcome new people, and good luck to everyone! We've got this!:flowerforyou:
  • missyfit13
    missyfit13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - well my goal last month was to lose just two pounds. I didn't do it. I think I lost a lb, but I will not change my ticker until I am sure. My goal this month will be those same two lbs, plus walk more. I'm not staying at 1200, just can't seem to do it, but I am working in the yard more, and running around the back yard with my dogs. Not really running, just hopping and trying to run a little. It gets them going as they need to lose weight too.

I really need to get back to my walking, too.

Nice to meet you Jugar. Everyone is doing so well.

Pat
  • ginnylee75
    ginnylee75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Challenges. Haven't done any for awhile so this month of June seems to be a good month to get back on board. I think i am going to strive for 4 pounds this month. I will be happy for any amount though. Logging has been my week point lately. Sooooo, I will make sure I log every day. Exercise has been a problem lately. You know ole health issues. My dogs love to go for walks so I need to start with them again. They have acres to run and they have plenty of exercise but, they do like to go walking with me.

I went to a horse show today down the road. Haven't ridden in quite awhile and really miss it. It was a hunter, jumper show. Fun day in the sun. The owner of the ranch has a hunt club and they hunt in winter, our summers are too hot. She trains people for shows during the summer and travels to other places that still hunt. I used to ride with her.

So now on to losing some weight. Happy challenge to all of us.
    Ginny:flowerforyou:
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome newbies. It's so nice to read everyone's stories and goals for Jolly June, what a good title for the month.

My goal, is to be done with my cast this month. If my doctor/surgeon tells me I need another one, I will cry and cry a lot. I will see him on June 12.

My sister will be visiting for most of the month. I will continue to eat healthfully and just do the best I can.

Happy Trails,

Claudine
  • retiredholly54
    retiredholly54 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Jolly June's goals for me will be walking 6 days a week, strength train 3 days a week and lose 5 lbs by the end of the month.
    There is a walking trail right across the street from my dd's house so I can park there and get walking!!!! Thank you Charlie lol.

Claudine I have my fingers crossed for you on the 12th
    Cris - you will lose that couple of pounds.
    Ginny - glad your back on board
    Charlie - give your body a day of rest - only walk a mile on that day lol
    Ker and Marion - keep making me smile!!!!

Holly is Jolly about this! What!!!!

Here's to us accomplishing our challenges!

Holly:wink:
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My challenges for Jolly June are:-

1) to run twice a week - I'm not very consistent with this and don't like running in the rain so it is very weather dependent.
    2) to lose 3-4 pounds - may be difficult as I am about to start a new program at gym lifting heavy so I think diet will have to change slightly to help this. Nevertheless even if the scales don't show much, measurements should.
    3) improve on my press ups, they are a bit ragged at the moment!

Have fun everyone
    Jen
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Welcome Newbies! Glad you joined us.
    For June I would like to get off at least 5 lbs and get more walking in. We have a weekend away in buffalo and are going to see a couple of baseball games . Bill thought we needed a mini vacation. THEN THE following weekend is the familly weekend. Bill's entire family all gets together and rents cottages on a small lake. Good fun but will have to watch for junk food.
  • SushiKite
    SushiKite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    New to the group too. Been working on this ol body for quite a while but getting discouraged. Is it harder to do the older you get? Been on a plateau for over a year. Have a bad back but I can still walk. Have a hard time getting out the door. My goal will be to take the dogs for a walk each day. Hubby going fishing for two months up north so have to now.
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    I love the variations....because of where we all live, some of us can't bike, run in the summer, whereas others can't do it in the winter ...... takes all sorts! :laugh:

Jean
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone: My goodness you have all certainly set some wonderful June goals, best of luck! Thank you Alex for getting us all organized as if you waited for me it would never get done! One of the most endearing ? characteristics of Sloths is we don't exactly get off the mark very quickly :happy: ! I have been 'resting' after our May challenge and now I am 2 days behind :sad: for this month!

My goals are a little more modest than our athletes of the Group but they are still huge improvements (for me) over a few months ago, when my major exercise was to the fridge and back to my chair! June is one of the best months for being outside before the humidity sets in so I will still be counting on my walks as my exercise:

I will:
    Walk a minimum of 17 times this month (last month's goal was 15) and June is one less day -- see any edge I can find :blushing:

Each walk must be 25 minutes in duration in order to qualify ( last month's duration was 20 minutes)

0ver half of the walks MUST be self motivated (my DH pushed me out the door more than I would like to admit! - he loves to walk - :grumble: - silly dear man!)

Good luck everyone and now as Jean said to me last month, 'get off the computer Marian and go for your walk' and I am also sure Ker is lurking and waiting to pounce on me to get moving!

Cheers Everyone and good luck, perfection we don't need, just some happy improvement, cheers, Marian :love: