June Challenges

Options
12346»

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Got the swimsuit....yes I look like a Netherlands fan! It is VERY orange ...I hesitated and almost got it in purple but then I thought NO....I wanted orange to be bright and bright it certainly is!

Similar to the running shoes.....yes...but I won't be wearing them together....lol

Done 1,000 Hula hoops and 100 skips this morning and off swimming this afternoon!

Jean:bigsmile:
  • angelsail
    angelsail Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am going to vent a bit, get it off my mind and go on. Nothing gets me more upset than when I am focused on good food choices and what I think was good turns to be a nightmare!:grumble: We were at the Cracker Barrel for lunch today. I really studied the menu before making a choice. Decided on the grilled chicken salad with pepper vingerette dressing. When I got home I put in my lunch and found out the salad was 680 calories!!::noway: It was a nice salad but not 680 calories!
    Ok, time to move past this. :happy:

Happy choices everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Jean, I think the orange suit is a great idea! If it is bright enough we will try to spot you on google maps! It always amazes me when you see those how distinct the people are walking around. So much so they have to blur their faces. Wonder if any cheating spouses have every gotten caught accidently that way?

I am pretty much giving up on my original challenges. I don't have my walking totals at home, but I decided that I'm NOT going to do 3 miles of cardio walking a day. Too much time. Unnecessary. Too tired at end of the day. I have backed off to two miles cardio right now. That's about 30 minutes of walking. 30 minutes on the bike. I am on track for my general walking total, I think. Been logging a lot of miles as work since I'm so busy.

Right now it is exceptionally busy. Finishing up one big construction project so I will have people moving to 4 stories of an 11 story building. I have an agency that is currently moving staff from one location and staff and a warehouse all moving to one large new location. I have an outreach agency moving a few people next week. I'm setting up two new office areas for smaller groups. And design is beginning for a new jail to be built over next few years. I'm not involved yet, but I do need to create offices for all the liaisons and design staff that will be on site. Also, it is budget preparation time and I need to come up with at least one new sustainability issue/idea for next year. I have one staff member of 4 going to be off at least a month for wife's operation and another one who will be leaving me for a promotion. So I will be very short-handed! But, that is the long way of saying, I'm getting a lot of miles in at work; just not cardio miles.

I'm trying to get my resistance bands in 5 days a week, but I keep them at work and was so busy I didn't get them in every day because I worked through lunch a couple of days. I need to get one for home.

I also gave up the alcohol everyday challenge to myself. Even though it is recommended by health experts, I just either don't want it or would rather eat the calories instead. I'll settle for few times a week.

I might hit 180 lbs. by June 30, but I didn't have any loss so far this week so that means 2 pounds between now and July.

I see the cardiologist in July and I think I might need to decrease some meds. My family doctor suggested it. I have been so tired. The same tired that you get when you start or increase beta blockers. I don't know if those are figured by weight at all, but I was at the maximum dosage. My blood pressure has been really good and starting to verge on lower than he might like. Heart rate has been running around 65 resting. That is really low for me since tachycardia has been a huge problem for me through the years.

Having my usually lazy Sunday morning. Need to start to think about getting out to gym. Think I might use the pool some today, too. Maybe get my walk in either at the gym or at a park tonight.

Let's keep this going, okay?
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Jean, the suit will match your pedicure, right?

Charlie, you are exceptionally busy and working so hard at work and with your exercising. I think it's a good idea to back off from so much walking, you are switching it up a lot with the biking and the resistance bands. I thought it would be a good thing for you that your BP is down, of course you don't want it too low either.

You organizational skills are truly admirable. You are so knowledgeable in all the areas of your life. Hats off to you.

Claudine
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,142 Member
    Options
    Hi all: thought I would check in as I am off to work tomorrow so I won't be on much for the next day or so.

June goal was to complete 17 walks (minimum of 25 minutes per walk)

To date I have walked 12 times, and realistically I do not believe I shall make the 17 :sad: the pain in my right side that bothered me about 6 weeks ago has come back! I sure hope it doesn't get as bad as the last time. Of course when I finally saw the Dr a week ago, I was pain free. Currently I have lots of tests booked for July so hopefully we will find out something.

I am pleased that I have increased my walk time to 25 minutes per walk in June, which is an improvement over May :bigsmile:

So, I am still going to try to get a few more walks in this month and strive to match May's total of 15! Sounds like a plan Stan, don't you think?

Hope you are all hanging in with your individuals challenges, cheers, Marian :flowerforyou:
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just had to go back to the beginning to see what my challenges were for the month - I don't think I'm doing brilliantly

1) - run twice a week - has been a bit intermittent. None the first week, 4 times the second week, three times the third week and only once this week due to sore leg (and having too much wine on Sunday so my Monday morning run was scrapped!!)

2) lose 2-4 lbs - well I lost a few, then the scale moved back up again, but I've lost inches. Doing heavy weight training so it is making a big difference in my shape, but the scales don't reflect the fat loss, so think I will have to not worry about what they say now and just go with the inches loss.

3) improve on pressups - well they are coming along slowly, that's all I can say about them. I'm up to 12, then about 8 then 5 then half of one!!

Have to start thinking about next month's now.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Weather changed today so was cool enough for me to get in a three mile run...was either that or swimming but really wanted to run....felt good! :bigsmile:

Jean
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Scales have moved a bit again - yippee. But unfortunately I see to have caught the dreaded lurgy that has been going around the office, and whilst I've not got the cold, I am hurting and aching everywhere and feel like I have razorblades in my throat - I just feel like sitting down and doing nothing as I have no energy for anything else. So I think this will be my sign off for the month.
    I'm quite happy with what I have done really. Think for next month I'm going to push myself in the "strength" department!
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Moving to the right place :-)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has definitely slowed down. But, I did lose 5 pounds during June, so...yea! (My MFP prediction is 1.3 a week at 1200 calories, so I guess I'm right on target with their predictions at 1200 calories).

As you know, I also cut my cardio walking back because of time and energy. I am now aiming at 2 miles cardio a day + 30 minutes on stationary bike 6 days a week. Resistance bands 5 days a week.

Here's my stats for June:
    June total cardio walking miles: 73.3 miles
    June average cardio walking miles: 2.4 miles per day

June total walking miles (including cardio miles): 210.2
    June average walking miles (including cardio miles): 7 miles per day

I rode the stationary bike:

24 days for 30 minutes
    3 days for less than 30 minutes (16; 15; 20)
    3 days not at all.

I did a resistance band workout 13 days. (This I need to get better at in July. Want to do 5 days a week.) I have upped it from 12 reps to 14.

I promised myself a day or two in wine country for hitting the 185 mark (now at 182.5), but haven't arranged that yet. Hopefully a day or so in July.

NSV: I just FEEL so much thinner and healthier! I feel light! I look in the mirror and really see the difference. I'm not a shopper so I haven't really tried on any clothes to see if I need a size smaller again, what I have can last a little longer. But even my yoga pants and leggings are loose.

I lost 1" in my hips in June (total 10") . 1" from my waist in June (total 8"). 2" from my bust (still need to lose more there)(total 8").

All in all, not bad. I'm happy! :happy: See you at the July challenge!