July Fitness Challenge

Options
123457»

Replies

• belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Sue...nice to hear from you!!!!!!!! And go you on all of your dates!!
    AND...i'm not going anywhere!!! :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love my new place and its proximity to the lake. I used to go to the lake once or twice/week. Now, I'm there every day! The lake is also the perfect place for me to gain confidence on the bike, because there are bike lanes all around it. I got really ballsy yesterday and rode to the computer store and back, which was about 5 miles roundtrip, and a few blocks didn't have bike lanes.

I'm struggling to get back to some kind of "normal" eating and exercising routine, still. I think, partially because I'm still getting settled in and partially because I've been dating. Somehow, moving stirred this part of me that would like a partner, so I started dating again. It's been really fun, but a bit distracting. And, there are always meals out involved. This awesome guy I met in Maui called me, today. I hadn't heard from him in months and he confessed that he thought I was "out of his league". I didn't even know I was in a league;) I reassured him that I was a completely free agent and that I have thought about him often, since leaving Maui. He's coming to visit in September and I'm super excited!

This is all wonderful. Have fun dating!

I'm happy you are enjoying the biking and a little jealous of your lake. I got frustrated with my lake path, and my commute to work, because the Lakefront Trail (at least on the north side, where I live) is so overwhelmingly crowded unless it's raining. Actually, it's not bad riding to work on a weekday morning, but I don't know how people ride home without serious stress issues. It was starting to become so unpleasant that I was waiting until almost dark (which has it's own issues) and then finally last week decided to ride home along the road (there are bike lanes all the way home, so I can't complain), which was preferable, but means you have to watch out for idiot people opening their car doors without looking and get stopped at about 58 lights (exaggerating, a little), and so on. I think I'm going to commute again tomorrow though and try to get back into it. If I have time to ride south for a while after work it's nice.

I've been neglecting the biking a little because I've gotten so into running again, but I think I'm going to drive my bike out to one of the farther away suburban trails this weekend for some variety if I don't happen upon a weekend group ride that looks appealing before then.

I hope it's not a bad sign that no one has started the August thread, but I will go ahead and do it.
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    lemur...any starting to run again tips for me???