Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cheshire!

I swam a mile again today. A little faster than yesterday, so that was nice! Right now I'm swimming it in 1/4 mile segments, so my next goal is to get to 1/3 mile segments.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Nice work all! No swimming today but I went to the beach and walked along the shore with a friend and got my feet wet! Almost up to the knee a few times. That counts, right? Also, I forgot sunscreen so I have a bit of a sunburn.

We have one of those tris at my YMCA. I'm still not going to "tri" it though. Running and biking are just not really my thing.

Laura - I love saying "I swam a mile". It never gets old, frankly. A mile work out that I like is the "broken mile". Do a warm up swim. 5 minutes or so. Then swim (in yards) these sets with a 15 second rest in between each - 275, 250, 225, 200, 175, 150, 125, 100, 75, 50, 25. Subtract 2 minutes 30 seconds from your total time for all sets to get your "mile" time.

Stephen - growing up is totally overrated. It happened by mistake when I wasn't looking.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i swam 100 meters to cool down after my drylander workout ...and so I'd have something to post here ...
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    i swam 100 meters to cool down after my drylander workout ...and so I'd have something to post here ...

Well that beats me getting my feet wet in the ocean!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Good girl to Laura, slow and steady wins the race
  • stephenrhinton
    Options
    17 minutes kickboard breast stroke, 21 minutes pullbuoy front crawl, 23 minutes closed fist back stroke
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    2600 yds in about 60 min. Took it easy but did throw in some sprint 25s.
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    3000m in 75 minutes! Woo, long distance. And a third of that was with paddles so my arms are a little on the burny side right now.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    2 hours swimming in sweat in the yard then a 4 mile swim in the pool. :)
  • LauraRae2
    Options
    Yoga only today. Back in the water tomorrow!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Did a mile in the pool. Felt pretty good. No elbow issues, shoulder a little weak but no pain. Nice to see Ms Cheshirecatastrophe paid a visit and some other new faces. Doing a triathlon (Olympic distance, not Ironman) next month.
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    1900 yds mixed swim, pull, kick sets - all freestyle. About 55 minutes. Felt good!
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2.5 km 57 min
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    2500 yards in about 65 minutes. 500 kickback + 2000 mixed freestyle, back, breast
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    5 miles plus 4 laps.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Joined my local gym and went swimming today and last 3 days. Did a mile in about an hour each day. Starting to feel faster in the water. Overtook a guy in the fast lane today! :-D

Welcome back to swimming bccp!!! :smile:

Thank you! Been swimming 8 days on the run, I feel really strong in the water and my time has dropped to 51 minutes per mile. Onwards and upwards!

• LauraRae2
    Options
    Another full mile today, and I did 1/3 mile freestyle, nonstop! I'm getting stronger :smiley:
  • stephenrhinton
    Options
    LauraRae2 wrote: »
    Another full mile today, and I did 1/3 mile freestyle, nonstop! I'm getting stronger :smiley:

Proud of you LR2

38 minutes breast stroke, 24 minutes front crawl kickboard
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    LauraRae2 wrote: »

That's fantastic! I think I'm over my mental hump and ready to just keep swimming. I tried again last night to see if I could get 500 yards in before class. I lost count of my laps! I think it was between 500-700. I'm not sure. But I was thrilled. Again, I stopped because class began, but it's so nice to know that I can just swim. I would have kept going, but the class is an 11 week summer progression, working on core strength, upper body strength, and cardio through intervals. I've noticed a difference, so I want to continue. Besides, the people are great, and the instructor is so knowledgeable.

Great swims, people!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Didn't get to the pool before work today. Finger crossed that lightening won't stop me from swimming after work.
    Got to bed way to late.
    I wish I had pried myself out. Could have dropped a couple more water pounds before the weigh in at the doctors office :)