Did you swim today?

Replies

• giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    1300 m today in 50 min.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Good job all! I swam the swimming kind of stuff that I do. No idea of time or distance. Left my watch in my bag. It was that kind of morning. :neutral:
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 947 Member
    edited August 2015
    36 min of sprints
    40 x 25m full on with 15 second rests - sometimes longer rests - sometimes much longer rests :smile:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    2700 in 70 minutes. Third swim of the week.
  • Can_Do_Gal
    Can_Do_Gal Posts: 1,142 Member
    I managed to add another 100 yards for 1,200 yards total. I also went from doing 50 free/50 breast sets to 75 free/25 breast. I hadn't wanted to go, but it felt so good to be in the water! Still took me about an hour, but I'm pleased to continue to make progress.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    61 minutes ...lost count on laps so I don't know my distance, 13 sprint laps.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    45 minutes - Front and Breast stroke mixture. Probably 1000m-1500m.
    Again no real plan - Tapering off on all exercise for Sunday Morning Triathlon.
  • LCroissant
    LCroissant Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2015
    You guys make me feel so slow... BUT If my estimateS and calculations are correct (maybe someone more skilled than I at math can help), I think I'm swimming 6x faster than when I started on July 6!

I swam 1500 m in 45 minutes yesterday. After two days without swimming, it felt great to be back in the water. All breaststroke (freestyle swimming class today!). And a podcast on Amy Winehouse and medical marijuana (different stories!).
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Hello everyone - i am back on the boards and will be staying vocal for longer this time. Have still been swimming regularly but did lose the passion for a bit. It seems to be back now so i will be logging swims more regularly now.

I also found out the in London if i join the public better gym network ( they run a lot of public pools now) on a swim only monthly pass i will save 50 % on my private membership! Plus i can use the pass in all better gym pools so am not restricted in where i can go.

So this morning i tried out one of the pools which was a nice size and clean, but way busier than i am used to. On the plus side, i had to jump in the fast lane and as i was the slowest i really had to push. So i think that switching to the public pools is the way for me to get better as i was getting complacent and bored in my old place. Being able to check out all sorts of old and new places in London without extra cost is also a bonus.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    60sPanda wrote: »
    Hello everyone - i am back on the boards and will be staying vocal for longer this time. Have still been swimming regularly but did lose the passion for a bit. It seems to be back now so i will be logging swims more regularly now.

I also found out the in London if i join the public better gym network ( they run a lot of public pools now) on a swim only monthly pass i will save 50 % on my private membership! Plus i can use the pass in all better gym pools so am not restricted in where i can go.

So this morning i tried out one of the pools which was a nice size and clean, but way busier than i am used to. On the plus side, i had to jump in the fast lane and as i was the slowest i really had to push. So i think that switching to the public pools is the way for me to get better as i was getting complacent and bored in my old place. Being able to check out all sorts of old and new places in London without extra cost is also a bonus.

That is pretty darn cool! Great discovery!
  • AquaticQuests
    2.5 km 56 min.
    Today I was concentrating on the timing of my stroke and working the hands and legs as one, to try and engage the whole body more, rather than just the legs, and get a good long stroke, while maintaining the stroke rate.
    Will probably be focussing on this for some time to come!
  • AquaticQuests
    Great job everyone.
    @60sPanda I also enjoying it when I visit a new pool and get to see the different cultures and swimmers at each pool.
    So getting to sample that many will be fun :smile:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    2600 y in 68 min. If I'd gotten to the pool 2 minutes sooner, I could have done my full 2700
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    1800 SCY 28:43
    200 back
    150 back pull
    150 back kick
    100 back
    200 breaststroke
    150 breaststroke pull
    150 breaststroke kick
    100 breast stroke
    4x50 sprints on the 1:30 off the wall with splits at 32.2, 31.9, 33.2, and 35.3
    150 pull
    150 kick
    200 cool down
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Wow, I've been away a long time. Swam an hour today. Good to be back in the pool. Planning on swimming more often but shorter distances and hope the shoulder/elbow issues do not resurface.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Welcome back Robertus. Glad to see you protecting your shoulder and easing back into the routine.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    yah good to see you here again Robertus

61 minutes, 1900m, mixed strokes, 15 sprints
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Second swim today
    150 warm up
    8 x 75 free for 50 then choice on 1:30
    2 x 100 pace, 50 sprint, 25 easy with sprint splits at 29.3 apiece
    4 x 50 kick drill
    400 spitfire
    4 x 25 reducing breaths across the pool by two breaths each time
    100 cool down.
  • LCroissant
    LCroissant Posts: 25 Member
    I didn't properly swim yesterday, but am excited to put into practice what I learned yesterday in my swim lesson (only 25 minutes). I asked to learn freestyle, but he mostly focused on my breaststroke, since it's what I do most...and told me I'm lucky I have such a powerful kick, otherwise I would sink... Oh. I've been looking ahead, instead of down, this whole time, and using my arms far more vigorously than I'm supposed to. My concern (I know it sounds stupid), is that if I put his techniques into practice, as he said, I'll be expending 1/3 of the energy I was before, and going just as far, just as fast, but with fewer strokes... But I want it to be a workout! None of this gliding and letting the water do the work for me!

The good news is he said my backstroke is very good. At least I have that.

Hopefully today's lesson (with a different instructor) will focus more on freestyle, too.

Unfortunately, they only teach kids during the school year, so today is the last class for a while!
  • AquaticQuests
    LCroissant wrote: »
    My concern (I know it sounds stupid), is that if I put his techniques into practice, as he said, I'll be expending 1/3 of the energy I was before, and going just as far, just as fast, but with fewer strokes... But I want it to be a workout! None of this gliding and letting the water do the work for me!

You'll still be able to expend the same energy - only going a whole lot faster. Unless you want to maintain the current speed, in which case, like you point out, a more efficient stroke but maintaining a slower speed will mean less calories burned!