20 minute continuous freestyle (1350m)

2X75 free max on 3.00 (54 then 53)

2X50 free max on 2.30 (35 then 34)

2X25 free max on 60 (16 then 15)
    *all of these from push no dive

100 easy

6X50 kick

50 easy

My coach has made a bet with me that I can do a 1.10 for 100 free which I find laughable as my PB (this millennium) is 1.13.5!!

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    I can go back to stinking up the office with my sweat covered self from hiking the stairs multiple times a day :) Stink can be a motivator.
    So you're hoping to stink them into finding you a better pool situation? Clever!

• giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    750m for me this morning. Forgot to check the clock, but took between 25 - 30 min. As I am usually limited by time, I have decided to work on technique and speed over the next month or two. I will limit myself to 30 min for a while and see whether I can increase distance.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    2500SCM Masters
    20 minute continuous freestyle (1350m)
    My coach has made a bet with me that I can do a 1.10 for 100 free which I find laughable as my PB (this millennium) is 1.13.5!!
    Dang Girl you are FASSSST.
    My Finis burners came in the mail. Now I'm not sure what to do with them... swim some without them? Swim entirely with them? .
    I would suggest some Kick lengths and then experiment with different drills and strokes, you will naturally find what helps you improve.
    One more week and then they close the pool for two weeks to drain it, make repairs and clean it. I might go bananas. I know there is another pool around here somewhere...
    I feel your pain. My pool ( 6 blocks away from my house ) closes for the whole month of September. Unfortunately the other 2 Local Community pools ( 1 hour drive ) also close at the same time to take advantage of the specialized Water Plant, Electrical, and Structural workers that travel from community to community in a coordinated plan. Cuts down on the net cost but extends the downtime by a week. Have to do the Road Trip to the big International Competition rated pool 2 hours drive ( one way ) so I don't get much water time in September unless I have work in the area.
    Its where I was yesterday - ropes were set in the 50m length, 3m depth and colder because it is soooo big. Managed 80 lengths/60 minutes = 2000m. It was a good swim and for me fast from start to finish.
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have got to get back in the pool. Thursday I was recovering from camp and yesterday I was just lazy. Today we have a family event in the afternoon followed by a dinner party in the evening, but I think if I take my stuff to the family event I can stop at the pool in between the two.

Great swims, everyone!
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    backstroke, 47 minute mile, 2000m total in 61 minutes, 19 sprint lengths (475m) ...
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Short course yards, total 3,050 yards, about 45 minutes or so.

500 EZ warm-up

600 reverse IM order (150 of each stroke broken down into 50 kick / 75 drill / 25 swim)

400 pull breathing every 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 per each 100 (paddles and buoy)

Main Set:
    6x100's on 1:20 descending 1-5
    6x50's on :35 holding at :30 or under
    6x25's on :30 - odds EZ, evens sprint

300 kick (50 hard, 25 EZ)

200 EZ

....then 20 minutes of band work. Hate it, but have to do it for my broken shoulders.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I can go back to stinking up the office with my sweat covered self from hiking the stairs multiple times a day :) Stink can be a motivator.
    So you're hoping to stink them into finding you a better pool situation? Clever!

Exactly :)
    They really don't understand how dangerous it is to swim in these pools. They say "that how things are in China" as the excuse for everything bad here. Of course. It is China. Maybe they believe it is 'elitist' to actually provide a safe space for people that want to swim as opposed to a 'people's pool' where everyone is it equal risk of getting hurt. Ha!
  • LCroissant
    LCroissant Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Some weeks are like that Stephen. You just start over and try again.

I started my swim off this morning with good humor and effort but it fizzled not quite half way through. I got a cramp (still have it) in my upper arm and at first I swam through it. Then I switched strokes. Then I gave up. No idea of yardage. Maybe 45 minutes or so. Sigh. Let's hope the day goes uphill from here.

The important thing is you swam anyway! (Try bananas before swimming. Seriously. I've had two other people suggest them to me for cramps!)

• LCroissant
    edited August 2015
    Options

Good luck with that! Lol!
  • LCroissant
    Options
    I'm nowhere near as impressive as any of you, in time or distance, but yesterday was a first for me in temperature! I started swimming regularly on July 6 and have since mostly had warm weather -- and had only swam in an indoor pool when it rained. Yesterday, I braved the cold (17 Celsius (62.5 Fahrenheit) and rain and swam outside for 45 minutes (1200 meters)! I was proud of myself for being motivated enough to go. That's my fear come winter and so far, so good.

I'm also stoked that I was able to book two private classes for this coming Thursday and Friday so I can start to swim freestyle. I tried yesterday, but my breathing is too off and I'm sure my form is, too. Better to start off right rather than get into a bad habit from beginning.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    LCroissant wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near as impressive as any of you, in time or distance, but yesterday was a first for me in temperature! I started swimming regularly on July 6 and have since mostly had warm weather -- and had only swam in an indoor pool when it rained. Yesterday, I braved the cold (17 Celsius (62.5 Fahrenheit) and rain and swam outside for 45 minutes (1200 meters)! I was proud of myself for being motivated enough to go. That's my fear come winter and so far, so good.

I'm also stoked that I was able to book two private classes for this coming Thursday and Friday so I can start to swim freestyle. I tried yesterday, but my breathing is too off and I'm sure my form is, too. Better to start off right rather than get into a bad habit from beginning.

Nice work! Living in a warm climate has made me a big baby when it comes to the cold. Can't wait to hear how the lessons go.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    1850m, 61 minutes, mixed strokes, 15 sprint lengths
  • Can_Do_Gal
    Can_Do_Gal Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting my swims because I've been going in the evening. I come home, eat dinner, zone out, and collapse into bed.

But I've been building up. Today I did 1,100 yards, still in the lake. Sets of 50 free/50 breast because I still need some sort of break. It took me almost an hour, but I'm still thrilled. I only just started back 8 days ago, and with my health issues, I was worried my body would be very slow to build up. Feels so good to be swimming again!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Awesome swims, guys and gals!! Wow! I have been gone for a week, so no swimming until tomorrow. I'm not sure I've had a week off since they closed the pool a year ago for maintenance. I can sneak one week in and then it closes again. I'm looking forward to getting into the water tomorrow! You guys are doing great! It's really motivating for me to read these :)
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day in the pool in a week. I started off doing a mile, sprinting the lap at the end of each quarter mile.

And then. Halfway through lap 22 (of 36), I get to the end of the pool and am greeted by lifeguards who tell me they're clearing the pool and maybe I'd like to sit in the hot tub while I wait for it to be reopened? Um, ok...so I get out, stand around at the end of the pool. I start to realize they've cleared the diving well and the lap pool, they've blocked it off so no one can get to those areas, and the only people they've let hang out are the 4 of us who were swimming laps. One of the other lap swimmers is talking with two of the lifeguards, so I wander over just in time to realize it's something gross. I ask the other swimmer "do I want to know?" and he says, "no, you don't." Then I see the lifeguard bring out some crazy equipment I've never seen before...and don some blue plastic gloves...and I decided that I didn't really need to finish my swim and went to take a shower. <shudder> Hopefully I can get the image out of my head before tomorrow's swim!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2300SCM
    Masters

400 as 100 free 100 br 100 back 100 fly

8X50 free on 60 steady

12X25 as odds front scull evens feet first scull on back

4X100 free as broken 50s ie 10s rest after 50 and 1.20 rest between each 100.
    50s times were:
    35, 37, 35, 36, 35, 36, 34, 36

400 free

300 back

100 easy

Good session!

• mpeters1965
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I woke up this morning to my alarm and rain. In my mind I thought that meant no swimming (because in Florida, rain is accompanied by lightning and thunder 95% of the time) and promptly fell back asleep for 25 minutes. When I woke the second time I realized that it was just raining and decided to go for it. I like swimming in the rain. I got to the pool and it turns out we were swimming indoors because it was raining hard enough that the guards couldn't see the bottom of the outdoor pool. There was only one other person there though so I had plenty of room. 300 warm up, 3 - 150's (kick, drill, swim by 50), 200 pull, 100 kick, 3 x 50 sprints and a 100 cool down. So 1300 yds in about 35 minutes.

Emma - those times are just about half mine. :smile: Way to go, speedy!
    LauraRae - Yuck. Just, yuck.
    CanDoGal - Nice work!
  • giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    850m in 30 min today. Pretty slow compared to you guys, but a personal best for me
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    850m in 30 min today. Pretty slow compared to you guys, but a personal best for me

Nice!