Did you swim today?

Replies

• emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,338 Member
    2300m all with strapped fingers plus paddles to keep finger still.

8X50 as 25 kick/25 swim

100 IM (I only did free and br)
    4X25 free
    200 free
    4X50 kick
    300 free
    4X75 free
    300 kick
    4X100 kick

The last 4X100 were meant to be swim but my strapping tape was falling off by then so finger was starting to hurt hence just did kick.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Good morning - AQ - I am very impressed with the tumble turns - I can only manage these when I am doing sprints and not for a long swim (but I know I should....). This morning was 1km in 19mins 50 secs (woo hoo - under the 20 min mark at last!). 5 x 100 sprints and 10 x 50 m sprints followed by a 200m cool down.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    1350 36:10
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 947 Member
    2.5km 56 min with tumble turns!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Well I did but it was more of the Personal Worst rather than the PB variety.... Body really slow (a week of toothache now....). I was doing a new routine based on 4s and 2s - for 42 minutes ofcourse - that atleast I know I will improve on pretty quick.

Good job with the tumbles AQ, and hope your finger heals fast Emma. And woo hoo as you say Panda.

Ok - off to the dentist (again!)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    4 miles so far today. Planning another 79 laps after work for a 10km day.
    This AM was
    3000 free (54 minutes)
    500 Kick board and fins
    500 hand pads and pull buoy
    2000 free
    1050 free.

Today was a rare time when I was the fastest in the pool without being either the only one in the pool or the youngest :dizzy:
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member

My weight has been creeping up too, as I've been hitting the Coca-Colas pretty hard this year, so I'm going to go back to strictly water to keep a lid on things!
    I cut out soda except on an occasional eating out. Water with a squirt of lemon is my normal beverage. Never been a fan of sugary soda. At least not since I stopped drunking over 33 years ago.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Campus closed on Friday after the great swim on Thurs. Hit it today -- 1.5 miles ~ 72 minutes. No more snow predicted this week, so I'm hoping for at least 2 more swims this week!
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2016
    @emmab0902 you are simply unstoppable!!!
    My hero!
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Not such a good morning this morning - pool was crowded with people swimming different paces and switching from free to drills etc constantly so it was hard for me to get a rhythm going. Stuck it out for 1.8km then had enough (particularly with the girl who would rest at the end, then as soon as I was about to turn to start she would push off and do slow breaststroke in front of me - I think she liked me touching her feet to tell her to let me go past!!!)
  • NoelFigart1
    1350 36:07
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    1 mile + 2 laps (I added one more, gutzy!)
    I didn't keep track of time, because that wasn't my intent. I was getting some laps in before my cardio class. It was "Tabata Monday" and this lady knows what real tabata should be. She's got us on a progressive overload program and while it's brutal at the time, it's working. We're adding slowly. However, she was running late and I was not quite done with my planned workout, so I kept swimming. By the time she arrived, I was closer to a mile, and feeling quite fatigued (busy weekend with late nights), so I decided to swim a mile and call it quits. But then gutzy's voice appeared in my ear and said, "How about one more lap?" and then I remembered that I already added one more lap to my mile, so how about one more than that... :blush:

It felt good, but I was glad that I skipped the tabata after that. It might make next week a little harder though.

Emma, I'm so sorry to hear about your finger. You can't catch a break! AQ, tumble turns are on my to-learn list one of these days, but the breathing issue you speak of terrifies me. Gutzy, keep going!!!! Awesome swims! Panda, I had that same girl in front of me last week, lol! Gently, I hope the tooth issue is solved. Frustrating how something totally unrelated can give you a crummy workout.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    In the midst of a hellificent day, 1.5 miles and 72 minutes way from my cell phone and email felt absolutely luxurious!
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    1525 yd in 42 minutes. Still getting back into the swing of things and I'm very slow, but I am liking my new Garmin Swim.
  • NoelFigart1
    wtskinner wrote: »
    1525 yd in 42 minutes. Still getting back into the swing of things and I'm very slow, but I am liking my new Garmin Swim.

Turtles unite!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Er hem - to some of us 1525 in 42 mins counts as an aspiration...!

( personally - I can do 42 mins, or go at a similar pace to this, just not the two together v often ...)

Lots of swimmers at my perfectly average pool do longer workouts, and faster ones than me ... and many more do much slower, much shorter and much chattier ones.....

So no way is 1525 in 42 'very slow'. Just a speed you might be wanting improve on lots .. or in my case, might not. Whatever our speeds and distances we are all getting healthier and happier as we get wetter.

I much prefer to think of myself as a (moderately paced!) mermaid than a mock turtle....

• nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    wtskinner wrote: »

Turtles unite!

Turtles with watches! We could have our own swim team...
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Managed to get over 11000 yards last week. Started off the week last night with 2500 and a little competition with a fellow slow swimmer in the next lane over. Definitely improved my pace.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    I'm so glad to see others reveling in their slow-ocity :heart:
    I need to actually time my distance, but I was thinking yesterday as I did 1800 how loooong it took me. I was thinking, of your blog, Noel: "Slower than Christmas" and I thought as I was swimming that my blog would be called "Slower than Noel" :blush:
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Slower than a Dolphin, Slower than a Turtle, Faster than a Rock.

Swim Lessons Today so 1200m of Drills in the hour.