Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Welcome back RoaringGael! Great to see people from all over the world on here!
    Bruceapple was wondering where you had vanished to!
    Macstraw hope the family get better soon! I don't envy you having to be away from the pool in the coming weeks! Guess the walking and so on will have to cover for your long distance swims!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Longer swim today.
    3.75 km in 92 min
    Freestyle only (resting those elbows)!
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    1000m swim in 30 minutes. Yes, I did take rest pauses, but hey it's progress. Front crawl, breaststroke.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Great swim, Donna - you as well, AQ!!!! Hope the elbows are feeling better. On the days I'm working I'll be walking around a lot there but don't know how/if I'm going to track it. With travel time to the job sites I don't think I'll have time to go for a walk dedicated to exercise.....
  • AquaticQuests
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Macstraw wrote: »
    Great swim, Donna - you as well, AQ!!!! Hope the elbows are feeling better. On the days I'm working I'll be walking around a lot there but don't know how/if I'm going to track it. With travel time to the job sites I don't think I'll have time to go for a walk dedicated to exercise.....
    Elbows still so so but at least no pain during swim.
    Gym instructor on Tuesday wanted to have me do some press ups with one palm balancing on a ball - I did one rep and knew if I kept on with that particular exercise in my condition, I would have no elbows to speak of by the end of it - so got her to give me another exercise!

Mac, I Guess with the job sites and travel, that leaves you with the one control mechanism that is always available! Calorie control! But I'm guessing the food choices at food sites and/ or hotels make it difficult not to go over :-)
    I swam almost 4 km and I was still over for the day - pizza (and ice cream) (and milkshake) is the enemy - lol!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    AQ, great job listening to what your body is telling you. Hopefully the rest will help.....

Calorie control shouldn't be too much of an issue, 'll be travelling back & forth from home, so I can easily control breakfast & dinner. I can bring snacks with me, so I should be OK there & there are some decent options most of the places I'm going to be. For the days that I'm not sure about lunch I very well may pack something, although I don't know that I'll actually have to......

My swim today (was lucky to get it in, it was raining hard - which in & of itself isn't a problem for indoor swimming - but it was supposed to be heavy thunderstorms, for which they DO kick us out):

250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 1500 free, 1500 free, 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free

Wanted to do my other workout (the one with the I.M.'s) but just before I was to that point of the workout I had to split the lane, which makes doing fly & back somewhat difficult. Hopefully it won't be too crowded tomorrow so I can do that workout, I'm going to be missing a lot of days in the near future & I want to stay on top of the I.M.'s as much as possible so I don't end up too far behind when I'm back in every day....
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    metric mile (1600m) freestyle today.
    felt i could have gone a lot further but still have core/ strength training to do after this break for protein/ meds.
    just been reading about. sarcopenia. muscle atrophy as you age.explains a lot imo.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great swim, Clive, & a great job sticking to the long-term plan......
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    1 mile @ 37 min
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great swim, Bruce!!!
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    1075m swim. Mostly front crawl, some breast stroke.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great swim!!!!

250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 300 free, 2 x 200 I.M., 3 x 100 I.M., 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    3.75 km in 90 min
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1300 yard swim.

I just do 100 repeats: 25 Breast, 50 free, 25 back.
  • Bruceapple
    edited October 2014
    Options
    10-20-14 YTD SWIM = 301/ 300 = 100.33% GOAL!!
    2x 35 MIN/ MILE
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Nothing like logging in on a Monday morning & seeing all this great work posted!!! Nice job, everybody!!!

250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 300 free, 2 x 200 I.M., 3 x 100 I.M., 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Bruceapple did you just hit your goal for the year? 300 miles?
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    AQ yes I am at 301 for today
  • AquaticQuests
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Fantastic! Great job! And at the rate you've been going I'd say you have at least another 100 miles left in you by year's end!
    :smile:
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    500m free at end of gym/ core/ strength session.