Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Great job, everybody!!! Hopefully I can get in the water toward the end of the week. Still waiting to find out if I'm out for most of November with a big job, now the possibility exists that may get pushed back to January.......
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    YES: 1 mile x 35 MIN + 1x 39 min
    Thanks for the compliments all.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant Bruce. Well done.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1300 39:47

• Macstraw
    Options
    Awesome job, Bruce & Noel!!!! I still can't swim this week, but I just found out the big job at work that would have killed most of November has been pushed back to January so I should be back in the water next week.........
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    500m most days.
    1km today freestyle as i have located an old fave tried- and- tested protein shake to up my levels pre workout,as the core/ weight training/ gym cardio takes it toll.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Had a good swim this morning - 1 mile in 31 minutes! Followed by leisurely breast/back/crawl to complete the 2 km swim (I am odd - I count my distances in both miles and km).
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1100yds 34:17 Slacked today.
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    YES: 1 mile x 33 min. (personal record) + 1x 42 min
    Thanks for the compliments all.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    You guys are (dolphin) kicking tail!!!!!!!!!!
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Wronkletoad you have restarted with a bang as if that 25 year hiatus never happened! Good job! Keep listening to your body and be careful to let it (especially the shoulders) build and adapt to the new regime! Otherwise injury will follow!

um, yeah. thanks, i guess.

2000 yds isn't even 30 minutes. it's slow and mellow. not sure how that's "restarted with a bang" by any stretch of the imagination...

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    5km in 119 minutes YEAH!!!
    That's an 11 min improvement of my time over the same distance in December last year!
    :)
  • Wronkletoad
    Options
    nice swim! awesome improvement! yay!

2300 + dryland today. nice and easy fun!
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1300 38:44
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    YES: 1 mile x 32 min. (personal record) + 1x 48 min.
    + AQ you are smoking hot over 3 miles in 119 min.
    + "were' not worthy"
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Finally back to swimming. First day back and completed the 1km Masters Challenge. My stroke was pull in about 26-29 minutes.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    5km in 119 minutes YEAH!!!
    That's an 11 min improvement of my time over the same distance in December last year!
    :)

HOWEVER the December time was set in a 50 m pool, whereas this week's time was set in a 25m pool.
    So it appears at least some of those minutes may have been the result of that difference in pool length : http://www.myactivesg.com/sports/swimming/how-to-play/did-you-know/25m-vs-50m-swimming

So many variables....
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Wronkletoad you have restarted with a bang as if that 25 year hiatus never happened! Good job! Keep listening to your body and be careful to let it (especially the shoulders) build and adapt to the new regime! Otherwise injury will follow!

um, yeah. thanks, i guess.

2000 yds isn't even 30 minutes. it's slow and mellow. not sure how that's "restarted with a bang" by any stretch of the imagination...

2000 yards after a 25 year layoff IS, indeed, starting off with a bang - I wasn't able to get anywhere near that at first. Don't look at it through the eyes of what you were doing when you last swam consistently, not only were you in shape then, your body has aged since then. It's not a "stretch of the imagination" to say you've started off well, they key will be how you push yourself going forward.....

You guys are doing great, making me miss the pool & looking forward to getting back in next week.......
  • Wronkletoad
    Options
    good luck back in the pool

yours and the original comments strike me as being unnecessarily patronizing. I never let myself get out of shape to begin with. I am on MFP to get back to a reasonable competition weight for the Transplant Games and for other reasons. so getting unsolicited advice about the blatantly obvious is a bit much for this citizen.

And who in on earth would be so blitheringly stupid to compare themself to their competitively athletic days from 25 years ago? that's beyond asinine. Really. I wouldnt imagine someone being that idiotic.

good luck guys on everything else!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Not trying to be patronizing, but I promise that won't happen again. Just gonna point out that being in shape is not necessarily the same as being in swimming shape. Have a nice night....