Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Mac, I generally swim face down, hands overhead, and flat.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    hello november!
    30 mins today after enforced absence due to an IBS flare.
    felt good to get wet.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    All freestyle: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 in 114 minutes....
  • logan_t
    logan_t Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    (Yesterday evening was...) Technique day!

300 WU

4x 200 IMO drills

3x:
    -10x50 @ :45 w/pace<:34
    -100 EZ (~2:00)

8x 100IM drills

300 CD
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    45 minutes mostly freestyle, with a handful of backstroke and breaststroke, and just kicking thrown in. And one lap of butterfly for fun. I swim at my gym's pool but I'm not sure exactly how big it is. O.o one of these days I'll figure it out lol.
  • Celestialsi
    Celestialsi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I didn't swim today, mainly because I forgot to wake up! I just turned eighteen, so I can still swim with my club team, which has practice in the evenings 5 times a week, and 3 times a week in the morning. We swim 120 minutes in the evenings, and 90 in the morning. The team has a meet coming up on Sunday, so we have been tapering all week long. I really wanted to go to practice this morning, but, like the bright lightbulb I am, I forgot to set an alarm. So now I'm off till Sunday.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    1 mile free this morning in 31 minutes. I seem to be stuck at that time. After that swam back and breast for another half hour.
  • clairemobrien6405
    clairemobrien6405 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined I'm a below knee amputee and swim everyday need advice on food as need to eat more I swim between 1200 - 3000m per day depending upon time I can stay in the pool
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I guess I am a weirdo. I don't eat before a swim, generally, as I tend to do it first thing in the morning before breakfast.

• Macstraw
    Options
    Great work, everybody!!!! No swim for me over the weekend, but a bit if good news is that all the work that was stacked up this past week & this upcoming week has been spread out some so I can at least get a couple of days each week in the pool. With going to the open swim at our local school this past week I was able to get 4 days in when I expected only 1 & this upcoming week looks like I'll get 3 days in instead of just 1......

Welcome, Claire!!!! Are you talking about needing to add calories to your day or are you looking to add specifically before and/or after you swim? Personally, I have a bowl of Cheerios before I go (I couldn't swim what I do without at least a little something beforehand), usually when I get back I have peanut butter on whole wheat toast for the protein. If, for some reason, I'm not going straight home from the gym I'll grab a Sweet & Salty Peanut granola bar for the protein. If you're just looking to increase your intake for the day, anything is good as long as it fits into your #'s for the day....
  • clairemobrien6405
    Options
    TY macstraw yes need to increase my daily calorific intake as seem to be using up loads with the swimming unfortunately not a big eater - but got to the size I sm through eating wrong foods so have cut out sweet foods completely and sugary drinks, but think I need more protein in my diet so any ideas would be good TY
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well yes, but maybe no.....will let the group judge!! Three tank SCUBA dive total time under water 1hour 17 minutes, low stress, max depth 110

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined I'm a below knee amputee and swim everyday need advice on food as need to eat more I swim between 1200 - 3000m per day depending upon time I can stay in the pool

welcome aboard.
    i cant stomach food before gym/ swimming.
    tried fruit,cereal and protein bars with no success.
    best i can manage is a protein shake prior.
    bananas are supposed to be good for slow release energy?

swam 30 mins yesterday to complete 2 hour workout.

• clairemobrien6405
    Options
    I have found the same can't ea much before a swim have opted for Protein Shakes - I could only manage to swim 25 m about 8 weeks ago when I got in the water for the first time in 20years today I will reach 12Km total for this week so feeling rather good :smiley:
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Bama, of course it counts - I don't see anywhere a definition that defines swimming as only backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly or freestyle......

Claire, would it suit you better to eat less at each meal but eat more times during the day? One theory is that eating 6 small meals per day helps with weight loss by helping to regulate the metabolism. Great job on how your swimming distance is coming along!!!!

Great day yesterday, Clive!!!!
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1800 52:11
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    No idea how far, but 30 minutes off Battery Rocks, Penzance, UK. About 12C - getting cooler now - painful getting in but soon adjusted and didn't want to get out!
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    I'm side eyeing some bigger open water swims as my skill increases, and I know I'm going to have to develop colder water tolerance like you, @yogicarl, but I freely admit it's got me intimidated.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great job, Noel & Carl!!! Noel - there are plenty of people here doing open water swims, I'm sure they could give you great advice on how to address the temperature issue....
  • SwimtotheEnd
    SwimtotheEnd Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Slowly getting back into it. Did 4.8km today

Main set was:

4x100m desc on 90s
    1 x 200m thresh on 3mins
    4 x 50m easy on 50s
    4 x 50m thresh on 55s
    4 x 50m fast on 60s
    1 x 200m max on 4m
    1 x 300m easy