Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    OK, AQ... because I work with deaf and hard of hearing kids, I have to ask--is that underwater MP3 player working on a bone conduction? They don't go INTO the ears, right? I'm really curious. I haven't been swimming long, but I have never seen one at my pool, and I think I'd notice THAT!. Super fun!! I'd be excited to get started too!

And no, I haven't been swimming. These last few days have been really busy. My daughter's swim class was cancelled due to lack of interest (teen beginners) this term, so without her as a reason to go, it's hard to leave her home alone 3 nights a week at dinnertime for my "me time." Been doing other things. I need to get back into it, but I'm also not beating myself up for not keeping up with my plans. That alone, is growth and improvement! ;)

~Curly
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @‌ 71 minutes
    Congratulations on your stuff; AQ
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Phase 1 of the big job that's kept me out of the pool is wrapping up a week early, so I can get back in & shake some rust off next week. Unfortunately, I'll probably miss the 2 weeks after that, but then I should hopefully be back in pretty much every day. I can't wait, I've missed it & I'm feeling the effects from not swimming.....
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    OK, AQ... because I work with deaf and hard of hearing kids, I have to ask--is that underwater MP3 player working on a bone conduction? They don't go INTO the ears, right? I'm really curious. I haven't been swimming long, but I have never seen one at my pool, and I think I'd notice THAT!. Super fun!! I'd be excited to get started too!
    ~Curly

Yep it works via bone conduction :smile:
    You can google Neptune Finis
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    Yes, 2 miles @‌ 71 minutes
    Congratulations on your stuff; AQ

Good job Bruce!
    Macstraw wrote: »
    Phase 1 of the big job that's kept me out of the pool is wrapping up a week early, so I can get back in & shake some rust off next week. Unfortunately, I'll probably miss the 2 weeks after that, but then I should hopefully be back in pretty much every day. I can't wait, I've missed it & I'm feeling the effects from not swimming.....

So that makes 2 of us looking forward to next wk :D
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    1500 44-odd minutes.

The time isn't really all that important because it was drills, drills, drills. My RIBS hurt, for pity's sake, so I really wasn't engaging my whole body on my stroke. Glad I caught it now rather than practicing it wrong for ANOTHER 100,000 times!

Yep engaging that core really does change things up abit doesn't it?
  • newoutlook2014
    newoutlook2014 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did 22 lengths today--some of them I swam (kind of), some of them I floated, some of them I walked ... can't wait for my lessons to start
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1300 38 min
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @‌ 70 minutes (PB)
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    850 in 30min; 16 lengths crawl, 18 lengths breast. More tug boat than speedboat!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    finally cleared to go back in pool.
    30 min refresher today.felt good,apart from cramping!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Cw - great news. And good to hear from you FishG - still putting some of your previous advice into practise!

Tugboat - Yogi? That amused me. Better to be a tugboat than a beached wreck!

Actually judging by the efforts at my pool you are doing grand being a tugboat, lots of people there doing very gentle or tentative or chatting in the shallow end swims ... Leisure cruisers? I like that people can get out of swimming what they need from it. The people with dodgy bodies who need to go slow, the elderly people who live alone and get a chat and to relax/strech their bodies safely, the adults who are just learning to swim...lots of those in my part of London (often grew up in places with no access to safe water/lessons I think). It is not ALL about speed/distance goals....

Swimming in about an hour...
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Thank you Gentlygently
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    This week was my first day back in the pool in awhile. Tuesday was sprints and today we worked on free and back stroke. I got to learn how to go from back crawl to the front to flip for a turn. Now I just need to practice my flip turns.

My Masters group is having a Swim Meet at the end of the month. I have committed myself to signing up for a couple races. We will see how that goes.
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1500 43:30

It's really great to see everyone posting that they're swimming.
  • newoutlook2014
    newoutlook2014 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    no swimming for a few days for me... I have knee pain. I swear I'm the only person I know who injures themselves from aqua jogging and swimming in the shallow end of the pool! have a physio appointment on Tuesday so hopefully will get back on track soon..
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    no swimming for a few days for me... I have knee pain. I swear I'm the only person I know who injures themselves from aqua jogging and swimming in the shallow end of the pool! have a physio appointment on Tuesday so hopefully will get back on track soon..

I get knee pain every so often too. On my end it's a genetic issue - runs in the family.
    Must be something to do with the way the bones are formed or something.

It's a large part of the reason I prefer swimming to walking/jogging any day!
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    2000 yards ~1:00:00

Drills, drillls and more drills. I want to get my money's worth out of the swim lessons.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Endurance Training today. Hard workout with a tough coach, but she said my endurance was already improving after a week of swimming again.
    Total Distance 2400 meters on a long course.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options

Drills, drillls and more drills. I want to get my money's worth out of the swim lessons.

Way to go Noel. Longest yet, right?
    ashenriver wrote: »
    Endurance Training today. Hard workout with a tough coach, but she said my endurance was already improving after a week of swimming again.

Good job ashen. Those long course pools more tiring aren't they?
  • AquaticQuests
    Options

Way to go Noel. Longest yet, right?
    ashenriver wrote: »

Good job ashen. Those long course pools more tiring aren't they?