4 miles to wake up today.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    25YD*108= 2700 YD = 1.5 MILES @ 74 minutes
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Accolade to @emmab0902 for her collection of Bling from the New Zealand Masters Games

Feb 7 Thursday Adult Swim Club starts again
    2100m Kick and more kick, followed by a pyramid Free kick drill based distance

200m Choice warm-up: 100m Free Fist and 100m Back Fist - both with pull buoy.
    Really makes you keep the forearm square to the pull.
    If you arm rotates the slightest bit water just slips away and you go no where.

Kick all @ 10sec Ri
    2x
    50m Dolphin
    50m Back Dolphin
    50m Side Dolphin

More kick - free
    2x 50m
    10 x 25m sprints :/

Free pyramid 6 kick beat/stroke - sprint odds lengths
    25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 150, 125, 100, 75, 50, 25

200 easy choice cool down.

Feb 8 Noon lane swim 1200m
    250m Free
    250m Back
    250m Fist Free/Pull Buoy - like this drill for how it improves my pull
    250m Back Fist ^^
    200m free easy cooldown
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2500m with my swim buddy this morning. First swim back after the New Zealand Masters Games.

200 mixed warmup

150 steady free

200IM

100 br kick

4x 225 free on 3.40

6x 100 alt free back by 25 on 1.50

8x 25 fly

150 warmdown

jzlq7rys27e1.jpg
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Got to the pool at 6:00 AM so I could swim before my first client, swam 1400 yards of freestyle.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    No swimming for 5 more days. Brooke ny toe. Luckily a minor break. More concerned about infection from the pool during the first few days.
    But I can do spinning. Just have to suffer feeling myself dripping in sweat. :D:D:D
  • jessetfan
    Options
    I did 1350 yards of freestyle this afternoon. It felt good to get in the pool even though I wasn't necessarily feeling it when I headed out the door.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    swam a mile!
    finally feeling well enough to get back to it!
  • jessetfan
    Options
    I did a 1550 yard swim this afternoon.
  • jessetfan
    Options
    1550 yards again today. If I can get out the door and to the pool before my mind is really with me I can really make a habit of this.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    1550y before class yesterday. Still coming back after my cold. We didn't get the predicted snow (you're welcome, Seattle ;) ) so workouts on schedule!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Today. 1.5 miles @ 78 minutes
  • juliet3455
    Options
    @fishgutzy Knowing how painful a Swimming Induced Toe Cramp can be - a broken toe not fun. You might have to use a Pool Buoy and drag your legs around so you don't aggravate the toe and extend the healing time.

Feb 11 Monday Noon Swim 6 lanes 5 people = perfect
    1200m

200m Warm-up. 100 free and 100m Back.
    750m Free Sprint Triathlon Time trial swim. Just using the clock on the wall so not a really accurate time. ~< 20 minutes.

200m - Back Fist drill with pull buoy.
    Doing quite a few Fist Drills to help improve Arm Position in the water during the pull.Really makes you keep the forearm square to the pull.

200 easy choice cool down.

Feb 12 Adult swim club
    1600m

200m Warm-up 100m Free 100m Kick

Breast Stroke set
    2 x 50m Whip kick - maximize the glide
    2 x 50m Slide Drill - Glide
    2 x 50m 2 Kick - 1pull - more glide time
    2 x 50m Heads Up ( Seems so hard yet when I first started swimming that's how I did it )
    200m Breast - Concentrate on consolidating the differant parts of the stroke and a good glide.

Free Set
    2 x 50m Kick
    2 x 50m Pull Drill ( Shark Board or Pull Buoy )
    2 x 50m Fist
    2 x 50m Heads Up
    200m Free - Concentrate on consolidating the differant parts of the stroke and glide.

200m Choice Cool down.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    2km

just trying to up my endurance again now. It gets lost so quick
  • jessetfan
    Options
    I did 1250 backstroke this afternoon. I'm trying to improve my technique and not bring my arms underneath me.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    jessetfan wrote: »
    I did 1250 backstroke this afternoon. I'm trying to improve my technique and not bring my arms underneath me.
    @jessetfan Yes that takes some adjustment. One of the drills the instructors had us do on Backstroke ( good for all strokes ) was the fist drill. Close your hand like you are making a fist and alternate 25m lengths between closed fist and normal open hand. It really makes you aware of engaging the forearm parallel to your pull. If you tip the arm just a fraction off your line of pull water slips away and you slowwww down. Also to keep from going deep one instructor said after your hand enters the water to think of dropping your elbow to your ribs - forearm transitions to 90 degrees to your elbow before you complete the pull as this prevents you from going deep with your arm. Not sure if that makes sense to you or not.
    Sometimes the visual is hard to describe/interpret.

Out of Town for work so hit the Big Competitive 50m x 25m pool in Grande Prairie.
    They had it set up for 25m lanes :(:/ - was looking forward to 50m lengths.

200m easy warm up
    2 sets of 750m free as time trial-endurance work for sprint triathlon.
    1st 18:38
    100m easy
    2nd 19:05
    I could feel my form start to fail at about 600m on the 2nd set, not completing a good breathing rotation, not getting full extension on my reach at the start of a stroke, kick not strong. Small fatigue induced problems. A wise lady at swim club once said "recognize your weakness's and make them strengths"
    200m easy cool down backstroke/breast alt @ 25m.
    Quite happy with the 750m times, not my fastest but felt good hitting them back to back.

Of course the Junior Swim club was on one side of the open lanes and the Junior Tri-athlon group was on the other side of us. I was passed many times by these youngsters - I'm okay with that.
  • jessetfan
    Options
    @juliet3455 Thanks for the tips. My natural inclination is to swim backstroke the way I swim front crawl and bring my arm straight down, obviously this is not ideal for pulling in the water. I'm going to have to hit YouTube for videos on proper form.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Back in the pool today for the first time in nearly a week.
    4 miles.
    Tie is okay. Bruising is dissipating.
    The break was not a bad one. They said it was small.
    My opposite for actually hurt more. Thre degenerative osteoarthritis in my right big toe is worse than my left. The limping inflamed that joint.
    Was able to push off normally today. No sense that my left big toe was broken.
    Did spinning class Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday was a Les Mills Sprint. Somehow I managed to score the highest total energy output in the class. :D:D:D
  • jessetfan
    Options
    Did backstroke again today, 1300 yards. Tomorrow back to working on my front crawl.
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I swam.
    Backstroke: No idea where my hands entered water beyond "somewhere in front of my head" Fun!
    Freestyle: I brought my hand entry back two ticks hoping I'd make it a little more silky, less splashy. Closed fist drills, too! More fun!
    Selfie video check from the end of the lane tomorrow!
    Yeah!