Replies

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Today: 1.5 miles @ 71 minutes
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    2250y yesterday, then the Monday class. I didn't have much left in me by the time class started. My sister and I trail run on Sundays and we're slowly upping mileage for a 15K in mid-March. Tired legs. But the pool feels so good, and the cross training makes the swims so much better. It would be hard not to get in...
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If you're visiting relatives in Las Vegas (I am), you may enjoy the county lap pools, open to the public Monday thru Saturday, $3 adults,$1 for swimmers over 55.
    I swam at the Aquatic Springs Pool today. It features much indirect natural light from glass panel walls. 10 lanes. I've never shared a lane there.
    Tomorrow: I swim at the Desert Breeze pool--over twenty lanes of 25m on a 50m.
    The YMCA on the NW side of town will reciprocate for members of other Y's. Their pool has six lanes. Busy place.
    On the far west side of town, the Pavilion Center pool welcomes swimmers 7 days a week. moderately busy, but I haven't had to share a lane.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    1782m with masters including some race pace training.

400 warmup

3x 100 descending on 2.30

66 max

100 easy

2x 100 broken as 33 relaxed 33 relaxed fast 33 relaxed max (can't do relaxed and max yet)

133 easy

8x 66 as back/br on 1.25

66 warmdown

Then I saw this sign which made me laugh as I could barely walk up the steps let alone run up them lol.

okdt6763633l.jpg

• sammitchtime
    sammitchtime Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will tonight! Missed last nights practice due to extreme soreness. I’m really hoping we don’t do sprints tonight. I’m very over short sets and sprints!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Managed to make it back to the pool today - it's a bit tricky in the summer holidays when you have two small children in tow. Their aunt tagged along and played with them while I swam. I managed 34 lengths of the 60m pool - 2040m, making it my longest swim ever. Took an hour but my watch is still playing up so I can't really analyse the data (it credited me with 3840m!).
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    4 miles to wake up this morning.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    hoping to get in the pool tomorrow - stupid cough!
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    1500y yesterday before a really good class. I feel so lucky that we have such good water fitness instructors. I think there's a culture in our rec department of the city to give people a workout. If they want to paddle around, they can do that on their own time. (People still paddle around, but the instructors are told to teach to the top.)
    Dentist appointment after work today, so no laps. Tomorrow, back at it. There's been some talk of snow early next week. That would shut our pool down. It would shut down the entire city, actually... Here's hoping it's just rain.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Dentist appointment after work today, so no laps. Tomorrow, back at it. There's been some talk of snow early next week. That would shut our pool down. It would shut down the entire city, actually... Here's hoping it's just rain.
    Snow doesn't *kitten* down my Y unless it is really bad or a deflated state of emergency.
    Be safe.
    I have the dentist next week. But i'll still swim. Just at the Y closest to the dentist so I can still get the whole swim in before going.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Adult Swim Club. The 17 yr Coach was mean tonight.
    The dreaded Toy/Pail swim planner.
    Each Swim Toy or Pail had a Number, Letter or both under it that corresponded to a drill or drill sequence. So pick your poison.

Warm-up
    200 kick
    100 free

#1- 200 Free - 5 stroke breathing pattern
    #2- 2 x 50m Fly
    #3- 4 x 50m IM Kick
    #4- 4 x 75m IM - 25 kick-50 swim
    #5- 100m Breast
    #6- Dryland - 2 x 30 sec plank; 2 x 10 Pushup; 2 x 30 wall sit
    #7- 2 x 100m Back
    #8- free 25, 50, 75, 100, 75, 50, 25. Sprint 25s, middle of 75s & last of 100.
    #9- 50m -Water slide, 4 x 25 + Water slide
    #10- 200m Easy Choice cool down.

It was actually a very good workout with a little fun thrown in.

The Pool was very warm tonight ( happens every time the outside temperature drops rapidly )
    and just after we finished an alarm went off in the Utility Plant - High CO2 so we were quickly moved off deck and out of the building. An exhaust chimney from the Boiler had iced blocking the chimney causing it to backup into the Utility room. This can happen when we get a rapid exterior temperature drop. Double Doors between Utility room and the pool with two independent Automatic Emergency fan's that come on to vent the area. So no danger to us but they error on the side of extreme caution.

The control system over reacts to the outside temperature change and then oscillates between upper and lower set points before stabilizing. They need a few more lines of code in the control system to eliminate this issue.
  • kayak4water
    Options
    Yup. 43 minutes. Tuning up freestyle on the breathing side. At 39 minutes the small bandaid came off the the finger tip I cut this a.m. ow. I freestyled 100 with closed fist and hauled out. :J)
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    Ha. Got a short lap session in after the dentist. I was feeling tired, and knew that a workout was following my laps, and today is one of my lifting days, so I used it as a sort of "active rest" workout. It always feels good to float. I'll lift this afternoon, but might skip laps after that. I am starting to feel crummier as the day wears on. It's been a long week. Snow forecast moved closer to next weekend, thankfully. The last time we had "significant" snowfall, they drove plows down from Seattle...
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    1500 YD
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Not much pool time lately. My shoulder with the rotator cuff tears and fraying bicep tendon is playing up again and very achy. Not ideal three days out from the New Zealand Masters Games!
  • kayak4water
    Options
    Yes! I watched a YouTube clip by Effortless Swimming--I practiced mindful "front quadrant" swimming freestyle. He doesn't upload much fly instruction--interesting to feel the stroke when I fly "relaxed."

:J)
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Yes, 1.5 miles today
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    1km - 30mins and didn't drown but was definitely exhausted

felt so good to be back in the pool though
    steam room afterwards was fab too
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    1500m today. Hard work. Couldn't find my rhythm. But I guess that's what happens after two days' of fairly intensive running. Feel good now though.
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    Finally, yes. Had a virus for a week, but back for laps tonight. My body thanked me for the rest. The swim was awesome 👍