Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Swam all freestyle. 4 people in the lane, circle swimming. I felt badly for the older gal who was faster than the three of us. I stop a lot, so she didn't have to pass me, but she kept trying to pass another gal who swims a medium pace, but consistently. I always hope that there are free lanes, but I always have a great swim when it's crowded and we have to circle. I kind of stop counting and paying such close attention. I tend to jump back in because I know that you have to catch the chance when it comes up.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2.5 km 57 min
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @‌ 68 minutes
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Spring Training has begun. No more football.
    So swing units are now Walkoff Home Runs (WHR)
    So today was 50 WHR's (For those in the UK that's 50x120 yards)
  • EricMatthew0812
    Options
    1650 in ~25 minutes then a 400 kick set. Been out of the water for about four years and I love getting back in!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km 58 min
    For the first time at this new stroke rate, I was able to incorporate tumble turns every other length!
    But today's swim was the very definition of the word torture.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Spring Training has begun. No more football.
    So swing units are now Walkoff Home Runs (WHR)
    So today was 50 WHR's (For those in the UK that's 50x120 yards)

Gutzy, I don't have a clue what you're talking about!
    1650 in ~25 minutes then a 400 kick set. Been out of the water for about four years and I love getting back in!

Wish I could jump back in after that long with such blazing fast times! Good stuff :smile:
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @‌ 72 minutes
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    All free: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250
  • EricMatthew0812
    Options
    Broken 1800 with kick and mostly freestyle. 200 fly was my thing back in the day. I have a ways to go before I can do that again!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Finally back in the water after a 2 week break.
    Lessons about 800 m of various kick,crawl and breathing exercises. Managed to sneak in two flip turns, the first one was real pretty - 2nd one not so much. over thinking.

Curls great comment on how a busy-crowded pool makes you have a good swim following the pack.

AquaticQuest and Bruce impressive time - distances.

Macstraw 6.5 km total? wowser
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km 57 min
  • AquaticQuests
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Broken 1800 with kick and mostly freestyle. 200 fly was my thing back in the day. I have a ways to go before I can do that again!

200 fly! Whew, that would be a killer!
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Finally back in the water after a 2 week break.
    Lessons about 800 m of various kick,crawl and breathing exercises. Managed to sneak in two flip turns, the first one was real pretty - 2nd one not so much. over thinking.

Macstraw 6.5 km total? wowser

Welcome back Juliet. Keep up the flip turns and soon you'll be doing them no problem!
    And yeah...the Mac is crazy like that!

• Macstraw
    Options
    Not meters, only yards B)

Pleasant surprise today - the big job we've been doing at work is over 2 days early. It was supposed go to the end of this week, but we put a big push on & finished this afternoon. That means I pick up tomorrow & Friday as swim days. I still miss next week for my monthly medical treatments, but then I'm FINALLY back to daily swimming & I'm going to get back to walking again too. I'm so done with missing out, I'm glad the time has finally arrived to get back to it regularly. I've been able to do enough to keep my endurance & get my distance in, but I'm curious to see how I do with the IM's when I attempt them again.....
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Swim drills based on yesterdays lessons. 800 m. 3 stroke Bi-lateral breathing and flip turns are definitely improving. Never realized how much force and pressure is on your feet from kicking - the mild ankle sprain complained loudly when I went to climb the ladder out of the pool.
    Felt like I was dragging a Piano along behind me today in the water, cut it a little short but still happy with the Jellybean. I guess its to be expected after close to 2 weeks off.

Mac Meters/Yards there is only 3in difference between them so its not significant.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km in 57:11
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great swimming, Juliet & AQ.....

Juliet, it's probably not just the kicking that made the ankle complain, pushing off the wall from the flip turns puts a lot of stress on too. As for the piano, some days are just like that & sometimes there's no telling when they're going to happen....

All freestyle again today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 in 114 minutes.....
  • juliet3455
    Options
    1100 m in swim lessons last night. 60 mins - Lots of drills.
    I still drop my left elbow, need to do more zipper drills to get the muscle memory.
    Working on lengthen the stroke/glide and improving the kick. Ankle still wonky but it will come around.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have been miss counting my lengths/meters. If I was able to do 1100 meters of drills with instructional breaks then I am doing way more when I get in the lane with the pack and make circles. I am sure I seen someone reference a lap/length counter for the hand - anyone remember?
  • Macstraw
    Options
    My usual freestyle workout again today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250

I was going to attempt the workout with the IM's today even though I'm going to miss all next week, but fate intervened & made the pool too crowded today to try it. 19 people in the first hour & a half, 24 by the time I finished in 2 1/4 hours. The most I've ever seen that early in the morning, thankfully they weren't all in the water at the same time.....
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @‌ 68 minutes