Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    LOL, it was a really fast day ;-) Missed a "1" there, should have been 114 minutes.....
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Macstraw wrote: »
    I did, indeed, swim today :D All freestyle (in yards): 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 in 14 minutes...

Plan (tentatively) is to stick to freestyle this week to shake the rest of the rust off & start doing IM's next week, although if I'm feeling strong enough Thursday or Friday I might move the timetable up.....

Welcome back Mac, and I'm pretty sure you did not cover that yardage in 14 min. Lol

His times and distances are impressive ;)
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1750m workout - warmup, drills, sprints and cool down. Decided to actually time my sprints - somewhere in the last few months I've lost 4-5secs on my 50m sprint time. :D
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    1750m workout - warmup, drills, sprints and cool down. Decided to actually time my sprints - somewhere in the last few months I've lost 4-5secs on my 50m sprint time. :D

That's a huge drop over 50m. Great job!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    YES, 1 MILE@ 33 MIN.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Fantastic time drop, Kida_Adeylne, nice work!!!!

Great swim, Bruce!!!!

Stuck to the plan & stayed with all freestyle today - arms were heavy: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 yards in 114 minutes. Probably sticking to freestyle again tomorrow, then I'll see how I feel in the water Thursday & Friday. The plan is still to stick to all freestyle this week & start IM's next week, but if I'm feeling really good I might try them this week to see where I'm at......
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km 54:50
    A personal best at the new stroke rate and close to an overall PB!
    It's hard not to draw a direct correlation to my starting sprint sets last week!
    On overall time, I guess I can now say I have completely adjusted to the new stroke rate, though not on the aerobic end of things, as the tumble turns are still few and far between, as I need to keep stopping for breath!
    Milestone all the same!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    6000 again :) Just my morning minimum.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    1400m swim lessons.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great work Gutzy & Juliet.....

I did NOT get to swim today, although I dragged my sorry *kitten* out of bed & went down to the pool the lifeguard thought it would be a great day to sleep in. Unfortunately, so did the rest of the lifeguards, the pool manager & the gym manager because none of them answered the phone when the very nice woman at the reception desk repeatedly tried to call all of them.....
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    38 min, sprints, warm up/down
  • AquaticQuests
    Options

I did NOT get to swim today, although I dragged my sorry *kitten* out of bed & went down to the pool the lifeguard thought it would be a great day to sleep in. Unfortunately, so did the rest of the lifeguards, the pool manager & the gym manager because none of them answered the phone when the very nice woman at the reception desk repeatedly tried to call all of them.....
    That is supremely irritating! Sorry about that!
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Thanks Mac,
    Today: 2 miles 76 minutes (misc. strokes)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Was in the pool last night. 1400m - 700 free & 700 drills.
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Today: 1 miles 33 minutes
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km 54:45
    Tumble turns every other length!
  • fishgutzy
    Options

Had that happen a couple times. After the first time I learned to always bring weight room clothes just in case I'm forced to change plans. :)
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    6000 again today.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »

Had that happen a couple times. After the first time I learned to always bring weight room clothes just in case I'm forced to change plans. :)

I used to do that, but I would rather walk outdoors (weather permitting) or on the treadmill at home.

Yay lifeguard!!! The one scheduled today made it, but then again she's been there awhile & knows we're there at opening. The usual freestyle today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 (6500 yards) in 114 minutes. If I feel as good tomorrow as I did today I might try the IM workout, I'm curious to see where I'm at. Choice #1 is to be able to do exactly what I was doing before, choice #2 is to get the same yardage in even if I have to split some of the 200 IM's into 100's, choice #3 is to muddle through & do whatever I can....
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yes, 3 miles continuous in 105 minutes.