Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Last swim lesson in this session. 800 m all back stroke and drills.
  • rolyh
    rolyh Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1750 metres x 45 minutes.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    30 min, sprints, warm up/down
  • AquaticQuests
    edited March 2015
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    6000 again today.

Amazing distance as always!!!
    Macstraw wrote: »
    Yay lifeguard!!! The one scheduled today made it, but then again she's been there awhile & knows we're there at opening. The usual freestyle today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 (6500 yards) in 114 minutes. If I feel as good tomorrow as I did today I might try the IM workout, I'm curious to see where I'm at. Choice #1 is to be able to do exactly what I was doing before, choice #2 is to get the same yardage in even if I have to split some of the 200 IM's into 100's, choice #3 is to muddle through & do whatever I can....
    I'd say get the yardage in :smile:
    Robertus wrote: »
    Yes, 3 miles continuous in 105 minutes.
    Great time that Robertus - and you say you've been away from swimming? My word!
    rolyh wrote: »
    1750 metres x 45 minutes.
    Good job roly
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    Today: 1 miles 33 minutes
    You're like clockwork Bruce. Great!
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Was in the pool last night. 1400m - 700 free & 700 drills.
    Great! Hope the swim lessons have been helpful!!!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Yet again, another great round of swimming posts, nice work all!!!!

Choice #1 won out - I was able to do my full workout with the IM's that I was doing before the layoff. It was by no means as easy as it was when I left off, but it also was nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be. However, if I post nothing for the rest of the day it means I couldn't lift my arms up to type....lol. All kidding aside, I should be good - everything feels ok. The muscles in my arms & shoulders are a little tired, but that's all I'm feeling from it.

Today's workout: 250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 200 free, 3 x 200 I.M., 2 x 100 I.M., 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free in 97 minutes.....

Now I should be back to alternating my workouts - 1 day the same as today & the other the all freestyle pyramid workout.....
  • juliet3455
    Options
    1600m - 100 breast, 100 back, 200 free x 4 sets
    Finally a backstroke, it's not real pretty but it's 399m more than I could do before.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Great time that Robertus - and you say you've been away from swimming? My word!
    Thanks! Yes, back in late November when I decided to try once again to get back in shape, I could barely do three laps and was at least 75 lbs overweight post foot surgery, which ended any hope of getting back to long-distance running, which was by far and away my favorite exercise. Swimming is boring and less convenient but no-impact, obviously, so it was a great option. I swam on the high school swim team Freshman year so I already had a half-way decent stroke.

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Today: 2 miles 67 minutes

Thanks, AQ, you are doing good also.
    Everybody keep up the good work.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Today 1600m : 200 free,100 back and 100 Breast x3 + 400m of drills.
    I did NOT get to swim today, although I dragged my sorry *kitten* out of bed & went down to the pool the lifeguard thought it would be a great day to sleep in.

It's frustrating when you "drag your #ss to the pool and it is closed. Usually for us its due to a mechanical failure - standing in reception and the chlorine vapours are killer you know that it will be closed for the day until they get the chemicals re-balanced.
    Wow Impressive distance especially continuous.
    Today's workout: 250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 200 free, 3 x 200 I.M., 2 x 100 I.M., 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free in 97 minutes....
    Imspirational. Now that I have a backstroke will be adding it into the mix.
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    Today: 2 miles 67 minutes

Looking forward to getting to half of the Distance's Robertus,Bruce and Mac are putting in.
    The Pool Lane swim is only 60 minutes so its hard to get the distances.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Back in the pool properly and back mfp again after a bit of a break - life and body woes (and even computer woes!) got the better of me.... Glad to be back and looking forward to catching up all the posts I have missed...

Been having some Alexander technique based swimming lessons - v interesting and will tell you all more .

Gosh am I a happier bunny now I'm getting my chlorine fix again!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Welcome back, gently, good to see you again :)
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Thanks MacS!

Had fun today in the pool - my 1k nearly back up to usual time, the new 'post Shaw technique' lessons breaststroke coming along...
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    40 min, sprints, warm up/down
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Great swims, everybody! Gently, welcome back! Noel too!!
    I made it to the pool Thursday-Sunday. Not logging many laps, but things are feeling more rhythmic and smooth. Baby steps. I am not giving it the full time I need to make quicker improvements, but I am putting beans in the jar. For now, that's a big part of my goal.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great swims, Folks!!!!

Curly - it's more important to get some swimming in more often than it is to do 1 giant workout a week. You're doing things the right way & you're concentrating on form. Don't worry about the speed of improvements, stay focused on making the improvements properly.....

All freestyle today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 in 114 minutes & I felt really good today, nice & strong. Hope it carries over to tomorrow's workout....
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Only had 1 dbl lane setup in the pool, 8 swimmers so the late comers migrated into the open pool and it wasn't pretty. They then added 1 single lane so a very crowded circle swim in both lanes. Still managed to get 1000m, 300 back, 400 front and 300 breast.
    Hope for a better swim tomorrow.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Any swim is better than none, Juliet - nice job working through a tough situation....

Today: 250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 IM, 200 Free, 3 x 200 IM, 2 x 100 IM, 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free in 97 minutes......
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km 55 min
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Thanks Mac. Yea I made the best of a bad situation.
    Today was much better. 3 Double lanes 4 to a lane and we were even matched in speeds.
    400 back, 400 breast, 300 front and 400 drills.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Thanks Mac. Yea I made the best of a bad situation.
    Today was much better. 3 Double lanes 4 to a lane and we were even matched in speeds.
    400 back, 400 breast, 300 front and 400 drills.
    Perhaps someone told off the previous day's team! I wonder what they were thinking?