Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1 hour at masters. We pretty much do mostly drills and technical stuff which I love. Now I have to practice my homework of rotating more on my stroke.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    2.5 km in 60 min
    Slower today mainly because of lots of stoppages.
    My music player wouldn't sit proper.
    Then I got something like a stomach stitch!
    Then I got strange cramp like feeling in my chest and pectorals area, which I don't recall having experienced before.
    Then a couple of stoppages as one or two wanted to chat about my music player and other stuff.

Aside from all that though, when I was actually swimming, it actually felt fast, and powerful, and smooth, as I was bringing some new elements into the rotation and swim generally, that I picked up from some videos of elite swimmers in training.
    But without being able to tell the actual time, I can't really say.
    Those feelings can be real deceptive. Sometimes when I think I've swum the slowest, is when I turn out to have swum fastest!
    Well, it's a swim and I'll take it!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    AQ - I timed myself at the speed I swim my sets (not how fast I CAN swim them), adding together those set times gives me the times I list - it's actual swimming time instead of time in the water.....
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    3 miles continuous, 97 minutes. I purposefully tried to have a relaxed swim, rather than push my time 'cause I was still a little sore from strength training over the weekend, but I still expected my time to improve. It didn't. Rest day tomorrow.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Split swim due to schedule conflicts.
    30 mins at noon and 40 at 8pm. 400 front, 300 back, 300 breast and 200m drills.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    6000 yard.
    Last night only got in 4250. Had to change lanes due to a aqua zumba class and when I squatted to get back in the seem split on the ars of my jammer. :)
    Knew it was coming. If only Speedo used the same material for the seams as it does for the body of the Endurance jammer, it would last a lot longer. But still, it is the longest lasting one I have found. But I still go through 4 a year.
  • fishgutzy
    edited March 2015
    Options
    deleted double
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Gutzy - I HATE when that happens....

250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 IM, 200 free, 3 x 200 IM, 2 x 100 IM, 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free in 97 minutes.....
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Today: 3 miles 1@34 + 1 @45 (MIXED) + 1 @34
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    40 min sprints
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Great to see all the activity on here!
    Great swims everyone. bruceapple I see you've upped the distance!!!
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    45 min of drills (and warm up/cool down). I swam nearly a whole length of butterfly! (With fins...)
  • juliet3455
    Options
    1500m front crawl.
  • AquaticQuests
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Today, I was back in the gym after 4 or 5 months away.
    And boy did it tell. Will definitely need to incorporate a regular dry land routine in the gym to build up strength which hopefully will translate into more speed and stamina in the pool.
    There has definitely been a deterioration in my gym form during my time away, and given my swim times have been trending up, gym strengthening should hopefully help me get even faster!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    AQ, do you follow a program in the gym specifically designed to support and improve you swimming times? Or a more general program? Mine is partly general and partly designed to complement swimming. For example, since I have a minimal kick swimming freestyle, I focus more on my legs in the gym to balance things out. But I've seen some swimming specific weight lifting routines and am thinking about doing that. I've signed up for a open water swim 'race' in July and may try to use my gym training to support that goal.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Today 2 miles @ 81 min
  • Macstraw
    Options
    All freestyle today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 yards in 114 minutes....
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Continuing my effort to break old habits.
    500 catch up drill
    500 free.
    2000 free
    500 kick board with burner fins
    500 pull buoy and medium hand pads. (The Speedo adult pull buoy has much better floating than the generic ones the Y has)
    2000 free.
    Just my morning 6000 wake up call. :)
  • juliet3455
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1200 m, All Mixed Drills. Front Crawl Weak side breathing, backstroke and breast stroke.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »
    AQ, do you follow a program in the gym specifically designed to support and improve you swimming times? Or a more general program? Mine is partly general and partly designed to complement swimming. For example, since I have a minimal kick swimming freestyle, I focus more on my legs in the gym to balance things out. But I've seen some swimming specific weight lifting routines and am thinking about doing that. I've signed up for a open water swim 'race' in July and may try to use my gym training to support that goal.

Hi Robertus!
    Yesterday's was just a general non specific one, and I've been away from the gym for quite awhile.
    But I am actively looking for something I can incorporate specifically to assist my swimming.
    Have come across one or two links.
    Let me start a thread on that specifically!