Did you swim today?

Replies

• Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Kida - a few days off isn't necessarily a bad thing, gives your body a few days to rest & repair the muscles....

Stephen - Doesn't matter what somebody else was doing or how fast they were doing it, you're there for you & to get done the things you want to do. When I coach the kids I always tell them that they aren't competing against anybody else & nobody else in the pool matters, they're swimming against the clock & if their times trend down they are doing what they are supposed to. For workouts, if you get in the work you want in the timeframe you want & you keep feeling better you're doing what you're supposed to as well.....
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    Laps last night, water fitness class this morning. It's going to be tricky to fit laps in on Saturdays now. I used to just hop over to the lap lane after class, but my daughter's lesson ends as my class begins, so it means that she has to wait almost 2 hours if I want to get laps/hot tub stretch/shower...
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2015
    Macstraw wrote: »
    I think it's also somewhat therapeutic to be able to vent about not feeling it, & I think we all take something from it when we see that other people go through it too.......
    Yes.

Fighting the dreaded Spring cold - no swim's for a few days until I can breath again.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    52 minutes ...1400m, mix of strokes. Missed my swim yesterday, first day in two months ...feel a tad guilty for breaking the streak
  • Macstraw
    Juliet - smart move, a few days off now to recover prevents a lot more days off after getting sicker....

Stephen - Although it's great to have a streak, time off is necessary too. No reason to feel guilty, it's a good thing for the body to have a chance to rest & let the muscles repair.....

Happy Easter!!!!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Morning wake up swim: 2 miles @ 66 minutes
  • Macstraw
    All freestyle today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250

What I was hoping for came to pass - after a week off I really felt the rust when I swam on Friday. I was hoping that the rust would be gone & I would feel better in the water today, which I did. I felt stronger than Friday & (more importantly) my stroke felt much more like it was closer to where it should be. I didn't feel like I was all over the place. Here's hoping it carries through to tomorrow, especially the strength part, since I'm doing the IM workout.....

Have a great day, Folks!!!!!!!!
  • girlwithcurls2
    Ah-ha, Mac!! So it worked! Awesome :) I love to hear that. Those rusty swims are so hard to work through, but when you get the swing back, it's such a good feeling. Great swim!
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    I gave up after 1km today - to many darn kids around, and I was in a lane with one really fast 12 year old and one pretty slow 60 year old. But I got my drills in, so that's something.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    51 minutes today ...chlorine was particularly strong today.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    51 minutes today ...chlorine was particularly strong today.
    Good goggles.

• Robertus
    3 miles continuous. Don't know the time; 90+ minutes. I usually forget to keep track of my starting time. Not that important to me at this distance.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Morning wake up swim: 2 miles @ 71 minutes
  • Macstraw
    I.M. workout today: 250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 200 free, 3 x 200 I.M., 2 x 100 I.M., 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free in 97 minutes......
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Master's practice. Different coach today, so different style of workout. Some were complaining that he didn't really give any tips - I got some, but only because my arm was hurting after he told me to keep my elbow up and I asked questions. Apparently still need to rotate more!
  • girlwithcurls2
    Yep, grabbed 30 min after work. Working on that weaker side breathing among other things.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 947 Member
    Master's practice. Different coach today, so different style of workout. Some were complaining that he didn't really give any tips - I got some, but only because my arm was hurting after he told me to keep my elbow up and I asked questions. Apparently still need to rotate more!

A coach that doesn't talk much? Hmmm...
  • Kida_Adeylne

A coach that doesn't talk much? Hmmm...
    hmmm?
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Masters practice. I think I probably got in 1800 yards of various drills in an hour. I got to wear my new suit! :smiley: Our coach is not one to give a bunch of tips unless you are a new swimmer. I don't necessarily agree with it but that's her style.
  • Robertus
    Welcome, mpeters!