Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    More walking. Office is 3.2 miles from the apartment and on the 20th floor. Apartment is on the 8th.
    I was a bit ragged yesterday from the 8.6 the day before. Walking back at the end of the day it was "oh no, not a curb!" :D
    Only one blister. And the new inserts eliminated the heal callous blister potential. So it is just getting my legs used to all the walking again. I don't walk much back home because I'm not supposed to walk much due to arthritis in my feet. But since it is my only choice, I do what I gotta do, even if walking reminds me why the doc said I shouldn't walk much :)
    Fingers crossed for finding a pool that isn't insanely expensive.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2.5 km 58 min
    Precipitous drop in form after just 10 days away!
    Wow!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Ms_J1 wrote: »
    I swam 3000m today. First time I've been able to swim freestyle without it hurting my injured wrist.
    Glad you're back without any major problems!
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    More walking. Office is 3.2 miles from the apartment and on the 20th floor. Apartment is on the 8th.
    I was a bit ragged yesterday from the 8.6 the day before. Walking back at the end of the day it was "oh no, not a curb!" :D
    Only one blister. And the new inserts eliminated the heal callous blister potential. So it is just getting my legs used to all the walking again. I don't walk much back home because I'm not supposed to walk much due to arthritis in my feet. But since it is my only choice, I do what I gotta do, even if walking reminds me why the doc said I shouldn't walk much :)
    Fingers crossed for finding a pool that isn't insanely expensive.

Wow that is a lot of walking and alot of stairs Gutzy!

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a lot of walking and alot of stairs Gutzy!
    Adapt or get fat :)
    My quads are yelling at me today :)
    Miles will be 21+ for 3 days by the time I'm in for the night.
  • Tamois
    Tamois Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Been doing short swims for last 2 weeks to get back to normal after a knee op and I'm back!! Yesterday I did 1200 meters in 36 minutes and today I did 1300 meters in 40 minutes (I felt more tired today and needed a couple of rest minutes!). I'm planning on swimming tomorrow morning on my own and then tomorrow afternoon with my children. Is that going too far?
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Master's Swim - 2100 of a 2800 yd workout (I can't finish the long ones in an hour). 400 warm up. 4 x 150, 200 , 400 and then 500 of a 600 set before a short cool down.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Morning wake up swim: 1 mile @ 33 minutes
    Thanks Mac, you are getting it on too!
    If I did the math right you swam over 3.38 miles
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Bruce - my swims are in yards, I think it's 3 1/8 miles (at least land miles, I don't know how long a nautical mile is in yards) & my freestyle workout is 3.7 miles.....

Freestyle workout today (in yards): 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250......
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Masters. I think coach was trying to drown us. All sprints and descending sets (only one of which I managed to actually cut my time down). Last sprint set was butterfly, too. Mentioned my plan to swim in the 3.8km race. He thought it was a very doable goal for me.
    :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Tamois wrote: »
    Been doing short swims for last 2 weeks to get back to normal after a knee op and I'm back!! Yesterday I did 1200 meters in 36 minutes and today I did 1300 meters in 40 minutes (I felt more tired today and needed a couple of rest minutes!). I'm planning on swimming tomorrow morning on my own and then tomorrow afternoon with my children. Is that going too far?

You are doing a good job of realizing that you need extra rest breaks so you should be good to go. If it starts to hurt just slow down and do a little less distance . The Kids swim is a play time usually and that is probably more important than the 1200/1300m swim.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Tamois wrote: »
    Don't overdo it. It is actually while resting after a workout, that your body is rebuilding and getting into shape. If it has enough rest and nourishment, the body will always rebuild itself stronger than it was before, but this takes time and rest. I think many enthusiastic dieters and people that are new to working out or a new sport overdo it and do not maximize the benefits of their work-outs by giving themselves enough food and nourishment afterwards. They get tired, worn out, discouraged, and quit on account of misguided initial overenthusiasm. When your tired, listen to your body and give it all the rest it needs, and it will reward you with much greater fitness gains.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    56 minutes today
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I did an aquathlon today. 950 yard swim and 4.61 mile run. I came in 1st place overall out of 1 participants! Ok, so it was an unofficial, unsanctioned aquathlon but hey, I did it. Lol
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Swim Lessons - Ladders 50, 100, 150, 200, 150, 100, 50 : Last 50 sprint if possible.
    Crawl, Back and Breast. Only got 1/2 way through the Breast stroke set. 1900m. We were all exhausted rats.
    Ms_J1 wrote: »
    I did an aquathlon today. 950 yard swim and 4.61 mile run. I came in 1st place overall out of 1 participants! Ok, so it was an unofficial, unsanctioned aquathlon but hey, I did it. Lol

What was your Time? So did you get a T-shirt or a 1st place medal??
    Should complain to the organizers if you didn't. LOL
    I plan a version of those before the Local Triathlon, a 750m Swim & 10k Bike and on a different day 10km Bike & 5km run, as a way of practising the event distances and transition from Bike to Run which everyone says is the hard one.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Oh my - I am off here for a couple of months and missed 294 updates!! Good to see everyone is still here. I am still swimming in the morning before work, but shorter swims as busy season means I have to be in work a little earlier than normal. Making the times up at the weekend though.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Morning wake up swim: 2 miles @ 65 minutes
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    57 minutes
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great job Everybody!!!!

Panda - It's great to see you back :smile:

I.M. workout today: 250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 500 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 1000 free, 250 free.....
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km 56:25
    I shouldn't miss the days when covering the distance in 56 min was cause for celebration, but I kind of do!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    You can always set a new goal time to shoot for - just sayin'