• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Got this today:
    breyers%2Bchocolate%2Btruffle%2Bice%2Bcream%2Bquart.jpg
    Going to dip into it tonight!

I tried these yesterday:
    10018cf-royal-banana-split-bar-1136x800.ashx?mw=530
    Was sorely disappointed. Wasn't ANYTHING like a banana split. I was excited because it touted the pineapple... but no.. you can't even taste it. The whole thing fell flat. The best past was the chocolate coating, which is pretty lame. I'll eat them if I have to but hoping hubby or the kid will finish them off before I'm done with my new ice cream.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Let's all take a moment to pay respect to our recently banned group leader, @MrM27. It really is a sad, sad day on the forums when people are banned for being blunt and not backing down.

Banned for good, or just for a little while? I guess I should go creep his page and look for a rant. :frowning:

Banned for good, and this is creating quite the stir as there is a theory that the ban was initiated by and pushed for by certain members of the Low Carb Group. I don't know all the details as I really try to stay out of all the MFP politics. I just like my ice cream and wine, and I like truthful people who are grounded in logic and science, especially those who mix in a healthy dose of sarcasm. That's why I like all of you so much!

Hmmm . . . banned from the public forums, or Groups, too, or everything to do with MFP? Seems silly.

ETA: That Hokey Pokey sounds really intriguing.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Let's all take a moment to pay respect to our recently banned group leader, @MrM27. It really is a sad, sad day on the forums when people are banned for being blunt and not backing down.

Banned for good, or just for a little while? I guess I should go creep his page and look for a rant. :frowning:

Banned for good, and this is creating quite the stir as there is a theory that the ban was initiated by and pushed for by certain members of the Low Carb Group. I don't know all the details as I really try to stay out of all the MFP politics. I just like my ice cream and wine, and I like truthful people who are grounded in logic and science, especially those who mix in a healthy dose of sarcasm. That's why I like all of you so much!

Hmmm . . . banned from the public forums, or Groups, too, or everything to do with MFP? Seems silly.

ETA: That Hokey Pokey sounds really intriguing.

Since the "upgrade" they can no longer delineate between groups and the main forums; total ban from the "community" section.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Interesting that the LC group got temporarily locked by olivia while they look into things...I guess maybe there's a glimmer of hope?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Interesting that the LC group got temporarily locked by olivia while they look into things...I guess maybe there's a glimmer of hope?

o rly?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

It was Olivia? Because rumor was it was one of their mods that did it after starting some beef in the acknowledgement thread.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I thought they just made it private, not that it was locked.

Never fear all, MrM can still lurk the forums he just can't post. I'm sure that has to be extra frustrating though!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Looks like I've missed some really good ice cream and sweets! \
    Today I made Kahlua ice cream with a chocolate swirl, this was just a small batch to test out a new base came out good but needs a little tweaking to make it better, I'll get pictures on the next batch.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Today I made Kahlua ice cream with a chocolate swirl, this was just a small batch to test out a new base came out good but needs a little tweaking to make it better, I'll get pictures on the next batch.

Yeah! You're back! Happy dance!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Yeah! You're back! Happy dance!

tumblr_inline_n63fsxha5m1s8mb88.gif?w=640
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Anyone ever tried this? The texture/mouth-feel reminds me of a Cadbury Dairy Milk, but this is not overly sweet. There's salt crunchies in there too which I really liked. I only had a half serving (20g) and it was the perfect amount.

b235pshb4vzb.jpg

Giganta-pic. Sorry bout that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok bear with me... Has anyone tried this?

product-vanilla-beanF.png

I bought it by curiosity and I have to admit I'm completely shocked at how much I like it. Except there was only a bit over 3 servings in the pint... but 220 calories and 22g of protein. I'll definitely buy it again when I stop at Wegman's or Whole Foods.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I bought it by curiosity and I have to admit I'm completely shocked at how much I like it. Except there was only a bit over 3 servings in the pint... but 220 calories and 22g of protein. I'll definitely buy it again when I stop at Wegman's or Whole Foods.

Someone posted a review of the lemon one when this group was brand new. I think she said it was okay, not great? Can't remember and too lazy to go back and look.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Which reminds me-- we're coming up on on our one year anniversary.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Awww that's right! That's when I found most of you awesome peeps. Our little Wolf Pack..

PS that new avatar pic is killing me Amber. I know it is Mr Acrylics but it looks like a pirate is looking at me saying, "how you doin?".
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Awww that's right! That's when I found most of you awesome peeps. Our little Wolf Pack..

PS that new avatar pic is killing me Amber. I know it is Mr Acrylics but it looks like a pirate is looking at me saying, "how you doin?".

He may or may not have said that right before I took the picture.

:indifferent:

:laugh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Someone posted a review of the lemon one when this group was brand new. I think she said it was okay, not great? Can't remember and too lazy to go back and look.

Well this one I'm definitely getting more of. Will have to see if I can find the chocolate. I don't like lemon stuff...
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Well this one I'm definitely getting more of. Will have to see if I can find the chocolate. I don't like lemon stuff...

I'm going to look for these this weekend. A Whole Foods just opened near me and according to their website, they're carried at the Kroger near my parents' house. I'll probably get chocolate if I can find it. I realized my freezer was woefully lacking chocolate ice cream.