Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    TDJ2326 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok bear with me... Has anyone tried this?

product-vanilla-beanF.png

I bought it by curiosity and I have to admit I'm completely shocked at how much I like it. Except there was only a bit over 3 servings in the pint... but 220 calories and 22g of protein. I'll definitely buy it again when I stop at Wegman's or Whole Foods.
    I went to the grocery store and stocked up on a bunch of different flavors. Here's So Delicious Chocolate with powdered peanut butter.

jiGXlOB.jpg

:/

Don't knock it until you try it!

I'll never try Artic Zero. But the Halo Top stuff actually tastes like ice cream (the vanilla one at least).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I bought it by curiosity and I have to admit I'm completely shocked at how much I like it. Except there was only a bit over 3 servings in the pint... but 220 calories and 22g of protein. I'll definitely buy it again when I stop at Wegman's or Whole Foods.
    I went to the grocery store and stocked up on a bunch of different flavors. Here's So Delicious Chocolate with powdered peanut butter.

jiGXlOB.jpg

I'll never try Artic Zero. But the Halo Top stuff actually tastes like ice cream (the vanilla one at least).

Words cannot express my level of discontent.

Jose, is that you?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

jiGXlOB.jpg

Jose, is that you?

No

:laugh:
  • Francl27
    Options

jiGXlOB.jpg

Yeah, in spite of being a fake (aka dairy free) ice cream consumer myself, I'm going to second this. "Protein" and "ice cream" should never be found in the same sentence.

But it doesn't taste like protein stuff. Believe me, I've tried my share of weird protein powder concoctions... it really doesn't taste like it. It tastes like creamy vanilla, kinda in between frozen yogurt and ice cream. Seriously... it's good, lol. I found it way tastier than the Stonyfield vanilla frozen Greek yogurt that I got a couple weeks ago for some unknown reason. I mean, yeah, its not Talenti, but it's not that far off the regular vanilla Breyer's or Edy's, except the flavor seemed more intense to me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Jenis is recalled again.

https://jenis.com/

Looks like they have some new flavors too Root Beer, Sweet Cream, & Sun-popped Corn.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Jenis is recalled again.

Looks like they have some new flavors too Root Beer, Sweet Cream, & Sun-popped Corn.

Things like that make me sad.

On my way to the store now, going to see if I find some Hershey's Kisses Caramel Bryers. I really shouldn't today after we went to the movies last night and split a medium popcorn which was more like an Extra large and between 3 of us we split a Berry Mike and Ikes, Welches Fruit Snacks and some sour candy. All together like 3 pounds of just candy. :anguished:

That's the problem with candy. You can just eat and eat and eat and it never fills you up. Until you get sick.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I just ran over to Dairy Queen for one of the salted caramel truffle blizzards-- highly recommend. It has a chocolate base, chocolate covered caramel truffles, chocolate shavings, and toffee pieces. Thought I was imagining the toffee at first but I googled and I was right.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Because we need some better news...

965h07zdekju.jpg

Went to Kroger for the first time in a couple months and found this in the place where they were going to put Jeni's. It's a local-ish company too (Cincinnati, which is where Kroger's HQs are located) and does work with several restaurants in the city. This flavor is apparently a really popular one in New Zealand...vanilla base with honeycomb toffee swirls. It tastes like butterscotch to me and I'm in love.

gandalf-beautiful-gif.gif

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Had to rush out this AM for coffee creamer and decided to pick up an old standby - Tillamook Marionberry Pie. Noticed that Breyer's Blast's were available at 2 for $7 and went with a girl scouts theme.

r9r993lorpvd.jpg

And a warm welcome (or welcome back) to the kitty cat!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options

jiGXlOB.jpg

Yeah, in spite of being a fake (aka dairy free) ice cream consumer myself, I'm going to second this. "Protein" and "ice cream" should never be found in the same sentence.

But it doesn't taste like protein stuff. Believe me, I've tried my share of weird protein powder concoctions... it really doesn't taste like it. It tastes like creamy vanilla, kinda in between frozen yogurt and ice cream. Seriously... it's good, lol. I found it way tastier than the Stonyfield vanilla frozen Greek yogurt that I got a couple weeks ago for some unknown reason. I mean, yeah, its not Talenti, but it's not that far off the regular vanilla Breyer's or Edy's, except the flavor seemed more intense to me.

The Kroger near my parents' house had the vanilla and chocolate, so I got the chocolate one. I only had a small spoonful, but it was great! Very chocolaty and definitely NOTHING like Arctic Zero. I want to find the lemon cake one. I'll have to keep a look out.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Because we need some better news...

965h07zdekju.jpg

Went to Kroger for the first time in a couple months and found this in the place where they were going to put Jeni's. It's a local-ish company too (Cincinnati, which is where Kroger's HQs are located) and does work with several restaurants in the city. This flavor is apparently a really popular one in New Zealand...vanilla base with honeycomb toffee swirls. It tastes like butterscotch to me and I'm in love.

gandalf-beautiful-gif.gif

Hey! Long time no see. :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Jenis is recalled again.

It makes me super sad because they just opened a Jeni's shop in STL last week and it's already closed because of the recall before I got a chance to go!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today I said screw it & went to Half Pint Creamery for lunch & got four big scoops of ice cream haha. I got Dunkaroo, Funfetti, Oreo n' Dough, & Cake Batter. It was $5.00 which wasn't too bad since the scoops were a decent size & they put it in a styrofoam cup & put a piece of a waffle bowl inside. Next I think I'll try the Dairy Queen Salted Caramel Blizzard since Acrylics gave it a good review.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Went ahead and bought the Madisono's Hokey Pokey and it is delicious! I also had the chocolate Halo Top and that is really good as well. I put some dark chocolate covered coconut pieces on it and it was divine. I'm definitely a fan!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Thanks to that picture I got one of my cupcakes out of the freezer to have tonight. I'm skeptical of this whole cake freezing thing, so we'll see.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I had cake. Yummy cake. With Bavarian creme. No turtles were harmed.

ickl0kkgwjjy.jpg

We had that exact same Ninja Turtle cake for my son's 4th birthday I think. The cake topper is still on display on the nightstand. Ours wasn't Bavarian creme though. Jealous of that...

• Francl27
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I had cake. Yummy cake. With Bavarian creme. No turtles were harmed.

ickl0kkgwjjy.jpg

We had that exact same Ninja Turtle cake for my son's 4th birthday I think. The cake topper is still on display on the nightstand. Ours wasn't Bavarian creme though. Jealous of that...

I approve of the Bavarian cream. I think it's what we got for my kids' birthday cake last year too. It was so delicious. So much better than plain boring buttercream.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Apologies in advance for the lack of a picture...

Had the most amazing "Blizzard" from a local drive-in type ice cream stand this weekend.

"Whippy Dip" in Decorah Iowa. Go there. Now.

I ordered their version of the "Blizzard" (aka a "tornado") I got cookie dough and peanut butter cup mix ins.

So I knew it was going to be good, when a "small" started with the gal opening up a package of peanut butter cups and placing BOTH of them at the bottom of the cup. Then, she opened up a bucket of home-made cookie dough and used a small scoop to scoop out serving of REAL cookie dough (not those frozen fake little balls of cookie dough that most places use). What little room was left in the cup was filled with their soft-serve ice cream.

And then...just when you thought it couldn't get better...

After it was mixed in...they serve it topped with ANOTHER scoop of cookie dough and another peanut butter cup on top.

As a side note, they also have an amazing local craft brewery there "Toppling Goliath"...also highly recommended.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Apologies in advance for the lack of a picture...

Had the most amazing "Blizzard" from a local drive-in type ice cream stand this weekend.

"Whippy Dip" in Decorah Iowa. Go there. Now.

I ordered their version of the "Blizzard" (aka a "tornado") I got cookie dough and peanut butter cup mix ins.

So I knew it was going to be good, when a "small" started with the gal opening up a package of peanut butter cups and placing BOTH of them at the bottom of the cup. Then, she opened up a bucket of home-made cookie dough and used a small scoop to scoop out serving of REAL cookie dough (not those frozen fake little balls of cookie dough that most places use). What little room was left in the cup was filled with their soft-serve ice cream.

And then...just when you thought it couldn't get better...

After it was mixed in...they serve it topped with ANOTHER scoop of cookie dough and another peanut butter cup on top.

As a side note, they also have an amazing local craft brewery there "Toppling Goliath"...also highly recommended.

That sounds amazing