Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Had to rush out this AM for coffee creamer and decided to pick up an old standby - Tillamook Marionberry Pie. Noticed that Breyer's Blast's were available at 2 for $7 and went with a girl scouts theme.

r9r993lorpvd.jpg

And a warm welcome (or welcome back) to the kitty cat!

Have you eaten those Breyer's before?

If no, potential warning: that samoas frozen dairy dessert is, by far, the most disgusting "ice cream" I've ever had the displeasure of eating. It was so horrendous we decided to trash it after the first taste.

I thought it was OK. Not something I'd buy for myself, but my kids love that stuff. I am enough of a coconut hound and a Samoas fan that I can enjoy a bit. It's not a problem in my household as, especially with school out, the Thin Mints was gone Monday before I even had more than a few spoonfuls to taste it, and the Samoas is just about gone, and again I have had only a few spoonfuls. The Marionberry Pie is a favorite of mine, and that was supposed to be more available to me as I figured the kids would focus on the Breyers, but alas even it is half gone. Some ice cream hounds in this family.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any brand recs for chocolate chip cookie dough? I don't want another Talenti experience.

Edy's Slow Churn Cookie Dough is good & I'm sure The Turkey Hill variety is good too.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Had to rush out this AM for coffee creamer and decided to pick up an old standby - Tillamook Marionberry Pie. Noticed that Breyer's Blast's were available at 2 for $7 and went with a girl scouts theme.

r9r993lorpvd.jpg

And a warm welcome (or welcome back) to the kitty cat!

Have you eaten those Breyer's before?

If no, potential warning: that samoas frozen dairy dessert is, by far, the most disgusting "ice cream" I've ever had the displeasure of eating. It was so horrendous we decided to trash it after the first taste.

I thought it was OK. Not something I'd buy for myself, but my kids love that stuff. I am enough of a coconut hound and a Samoas fan that I can enjoy a bit. It's not a problem in my household as, especially with school out, the Thin Mints was gone Monday before I even had more than a few spoonfuls to taste it, and the Samoas is just about gone, and again I have had only a few spoonfuls. The Marionberry Pie is a favorite of mine, and that was supposed to be more available to me as I figured the kids would focus on the Breyers, but alas even it is half gone. Some ice cream hounds in this family.

That's pretty much where I come down on Breyers. I don't love it but it's fine if that's all there is. Mr. Acrylics likes it, but he's always in for something that will give him more volume.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I finally asked my local Giant to see if they can order Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any brand recs for chocolate chip cookie dough? I don't want another Talenti experience.
    The Tonight Dough was great. I also really liked Blue Bell cookie dough and krazy kookie dough, though I'm not 100% sure if I'd want to buy from them again when it comes back in stock.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    TDJ2326 wrote: »
    I saw these yesterday at Fairway. I'm usually not a fan of things like this but I'm trying to it this week for sure. The gelato is actually in fruit outer casing.

divino+dessert.jpg
    Wow, those look interesting!

I've been slacking. I've only been eating Milky Way ice cream bars.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'm interested in know how those are, Evil Cat. I'm usually not a big fruit flavor person but every now and again I want that sort of thing.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    I just picked up some Seasonal Southern Lemon Pie

southern-lemon-pie.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

southern-lemon-pie.jpg

Yum! I wonder if they'll release their Sweet Potato Pecan Pie ice cream this year?

I wish it were December so Egg Nog ice cream could be back:D.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

southern-lemon-pie.jpg

Yum! I wonder if they'll release their Sweet Potato Pecan Pie ice cream this year?

I wish it were December so Egg Nog ice cream could be back:D.

My Shop Rite still has egg nog Talenti, lol. Pumpkin pie too...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Oh happy day! My friend just texted me to tell me the Perry's Escapes Mexican Chocolate I've been looking for has been spotted at my local Wegmans. It's on!

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I got the B&J Save our Swirled to try. As I mentioned above, I'm not a huge fruit person but my first impression of it was favorable, from one spoonful off the top anyway.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Today I tried the Breyers Hershey Kisses ice cream & it was pretty good. It had a nice caramel swirl & a lot of mix-ins, the ice cream itself was pretty abysmal & tasted bland. What made it epic was putting it on a Joseph's pita & piling on some Jif's Hazelnut Cheesecake spread & nuking that first in the microwave for around 10 seconds & then piling on the ice cream.

As far as the new Nutella spreads go the Cheesecake is the winner & the Cookies & Cream comes in a close second at least in my opinion.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Today I tried the Breyers Hershey Kisses ice cream & it was pretty good. It had a nice caramel swirl & a lot of mix-ins, the ice cream itself was pretty abysmal & tasted bland. What made it epic was putting it on a Joseph's pita & piling on some Jif's Hazelnut Cheesecake spread & nuking that first in the microwave for around 10 seconds & then piling on the ice cream.

As far as the new Nutella spreads go the Cheesecake is the winner & the Cookies & Cream comes in a close second at least in my opinion.

I really liked the amount of mix-ins of the Hershey Kisses. Usually mix-in ice creams aren't as... plentiful.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think I'm ready to throw in the towel on Haagen-Dazs.

Picked up a pint of their "Limited Edition Peanut Butter Pie" and was totally underwhelmed. It froze solid as a rock (in the same freezer that keeps other brands frozen, but not cement-like)...and lacked any real flavor. There were supposedly chocolate cookie 'mix ins' (to represent the pie crust) that had zero flavor or texture.

The last 3 or 4 H-D flavors I've tried have left me similarly underwhelmed.

On the plus side, I gave our local store brand gelato another whirl after being happily surprised by the double chocolate flavor a few months ago. This time I got panna cotta, and I find it equally delicious. Very creamy - even more so than some national brands - nice flavor, and comes with caramel drizzled over it which is a nice touch.

https://www.hy-vee.com/grocery/PD9729649/Hy-Vee-Select-Panna-Cotta-Gelato
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Picked up a pint of their "Limited Edition Peanut Butter Pie" and was totally underwhelmed. It froze solid as a rock (in the same freezer that keeps other brands frozen, but not cement-like)...and lacked any real flavor. There were supposedly chocolate cookie 'mix ins' (to represent the pie crust) that had zero flavor or texture.

On the plus side, I gave our local store brand gelato another whirl after being happily surprised by the double chocolate flavor a few months ago. This time I got panna cotta, and I find it equally delicious. Very creamy - even more so than some national brands - nice flavor, and comes with caramel drizzled over it which is a nice touch.

I haven't been super awed by the new HD flavors. But I love love love their Pralines and Cream. And the caramel cone is really good, albeit high calorie.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

I haven't been super awed by the new HD flavors. But I love love love their Pralines and Cream. And the caramel cone is really good, albeit high calorie.

Thanks for the recommendation...I wouldn't mind giving the pralines & cream flavor a try I suppose. Give it one more chance I guess!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I will always love HD Rum Raisin.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    don't mind me - I'm just taking notes since I can't find any more Dreyers German Chocolate Cake ice cream. I knew I should have bought more than 4.