Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    If anyone has this brand near you I highly recommend this flavor!

Yuenglings-caramel-popcorn2.png

It has a distinct popcorn taste smothered in caramel. So flipping good.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

So the ice cream is popcorn flavored? Kinda like jelly bellies?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I have it but I haven't found that flavor yet :(
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    @Ninkyou great pics and you and the baby are both adorable!

So we went to dinner with friends last night and afterwards back to one of their houses for dessert and more wine (oy).

She made Nutella brownie sundaes...

y73j288bgx4t.jpg
    hdqega27f17c.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

So the ice cream is popcorn flavored? Kinda like jelly bellies?

Yeah the ice cream is popcorn flavored, but without the crunchy popcorn bits & the caramel makes it even more awesome.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Oooh that looks great, Karen.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Tried the Front Porch Nana's Banana Pudding last night. It was really really good. My only complaint is that the serving size is in mL. 170 calories per half cup (I figured 72 grams based on dividing the weight of the entire pint by 4 servings), and it didn't have that fake banana flavor that a lot of banana ice creams have.

Not my photos:

1fe501cab9706f35be4a6926a1be0d2d.jpg

nanas-banana-pudding-featured.png
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I went to this Grocery Outlet that sells close to expiration foods & found a lot of good deals on ice cream.

I bought a Ben & Jerry's Blueberry Graham Froyo for $0.99 cents
    Three Edy's Slow Churned Egg Nog's $1.99 each
    Kemp's Mint Christmas Trees
    Two Walgreen's Cinnamon Bun Blasts (heard this one is just as good as Cinnamon Buns)
    Two Yoplait Caramel Honey froyos
    Two Ginger Froyos (forget the actual name of the brand)

Too bad they didn't have any Talenti
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    That's quite a steal @kellyjellybellyjelly

I tried the Yuenglings black and tan last night. I'm not bothering with pics since there's one above that @Ninkyou posted. I really liked this one-- it was creamy and the flavors were nice. The only thing I wish was that it had some mix-ins. Fairly low calorie count-- 200 for 87g.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I finally got around to trying one of the new(er) flavors of Talenti that I had in the freezer. Well, I had one spoonful of my husband's serving before he finished off the pint! The Salted Peanut Caramel? It was good, I didn't get any mix ins so I am not sure if I can really review it, but my observation was how soft the ice cream was? It almost seemed like it would melt instantly. Anyone else notice this? I've not had that observation with other Talenti flavors so I wasn't sure if it was just a weird pint, or just the taste that I had but it was straight out of the freezer when I tasted it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I finally got around to trying one of the new(er) flavors of Talenti that I had in the freezer. Well, I had one spoonful of my husband's serving before he finished off the pint! The Salted Peanut Caramel? It was good, I didn't get any mix ins so I am not sure if I can really review it, but my observation was how soft the ice cream was? It almost seemed like it would melt instantly. Anyone else notice this? I've not had that observation with other Talenti flavors so I wasn't sure if it was just a weird pint, or just the taste that I had but it was straight out of the freezer when I tasted it.

I don't remember it being much softer than the other flavors (maybe a little) but I always feel like Talenti is soft in general. I thought that flavor was very similar to the toasted almond in flavor and texture-- have you tried that one?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Mr. Acrylics is home. :D So we went out to dinner and for ice cream. The little shop where we went as Haagen Dazs and this is the birthday cake flavor:

It was really good. I loved the frosting swirl. Much better than the Breyers version I tried.

I wish I'd read this before I bought the Breyers. I don't normally buy Breyers, but my Walmart sucks when it comes to ice cream brands. Turkey Hill's Birthday Cake was good, but someone ate it before I could get a second taste.

Mr Acrylics likes it so you might. I'm not a big fan of Breyers-- there's really only one of their flavors I'll eat and I have to be in the mood for it.

I got to have some, and I did like the Breyers! I was surprised. I liked that Waffle Cone one that you talked about, too.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Mr. Acrylics is home. :D So we went out to dinner and for ice cream. The little shop where we went as Haagen Dazs and this is the birthday cake flavor:

It was really good. I loved the frosting swirl. Much better than the Breyers version I tried.

I wish I'd read this before I bought the Breyers. I don't normally buy Breyers, but my Walmart sucks when it comes to ice cream brands. Turkey Hill's Birthday Cake was good, but someone ate it before I could get a second taste.

Mr Acrylics likes it so you might. I'm not a big fan of Breyers-- there's really only one of their flavors I'll eat and I have to be in the mood for it.

I got to have some, and I did like the Breyers! I was surprised. I liked that Waffle Cone one that you talked about, too.

That's the one I was thinking of-- I do like that one.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    We've been trying the new Talenti flavors here, and have so far been underwhelmed. I just tried a bite of Tiramisu and promptly spit it out into the sink, and even my coffee-loving husband said we needed to throw it out. Boo Talenti.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I tried Sweet Scoops Candied Ginger tonight. The base had a vanilla ice cream/froyo feel that was pleasant & a lot of candied ginger pieces which were amazing. When I first opened the pint it smelled a little like soap which scared me, but luckily it didn't taste like that.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    We've been trying the new Talenti flavors here, and have so far been underwhelmed. I just tried a bite of Tiramisu and promptly spit it out into the sink, and even my coffee-loving husband said we needed to throw it out. Boo Talenti.

Did you try the Salted Caramel Peanut?

Out of all of the new flavors I liked that one the best.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Really? I really liked that one and thought the cheesecake was pretty good. Haven't cared for most of the others though.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I don't remember it being much softer than the other flavors (maybe a little) but I always feel like Talenti is soft in general. I thought that flavor was very similar to the toasted almond in flavor and texture-- have you tried that one?

I haven't tried Toasted Almond yet - I think I will like that one although I bet I would like it better alongside another flavor - from my local gelato shop last fall I had toasted almond and pumpkin together and that was a great combo.

I have an unopened pint of the Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake in the freezer, and then a little bit of Edy's Slow Churned Vanilla that I bought for a party, I'm definitely due to try some new flavors, but I think I might try making some ice cream now that summer is here.

Where oh where is @GiveMeCoffee to inspire me with great ice cream recipes!?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    edited July 2015
    Options

I haven't tried Toasted Almond yet - I think I will like that one although I bet I would like it better alongside another flavor - from my local gelato shop last fall I had toasted almond and pumpkin together and that was a great combo.

I have an unopened pint of the Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake in the freezer, and then a little bit of Edy's Slow Churned Vanilla that I bought for a party, I'm definitely due to try some new flavors, but I think I might try making some ice cream now that summer is here.

Where oh where is @GiveMeCoffee to inspire me with great ice cream recipes!?

I'd like to try to make some too-- my chocolate malt was really good last year. Mr. Acrylics has a ton of things lined up that he wants to make though and I try not to have multiple homemade treats in the house at the same time if I can help it.

eta: I also thought that the Toasted Almond would be really good with another flavor.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Huh what? I thought it was really good.