Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that this thread is making me contemplate visiting the US again just to try some of this gelato and icecream?!
    Not sure where you live but maybe you're closer to Italy. If you are then fly there.

Haha. I'm in the uk, I went to Italy fairly recently, and sampled all the gelato I could. It was incredible.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas for what kind of ice cream to make next. Thinking maybe choc. chip mint or cookies and cream.... but those are so boring.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas for what kind of ice cream to make next. Thinking maybe choc. chip mint or cookies and cream.... but those are so boring.

I've been wanting to try something with malted milk balls. Just trying to decide whether the base should be chocolate malt, or vanilla, or just chocolate.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

How about pretzels with your salted caramel and maybe some chocolate in there too?

Or along the lines of the brambleberry crisp that Acrylics had from Jeni's - what about something with blackberries and oat clusters?

I made a chocolate heath bar ice cream once that was pretty good - I forgot about that one when I said my only success has ever been with vanilla...
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I found randomly at Target a very unexpectedly delicious ice cream:

12+mini+donut.jpg

At 150 cals a serving, how could I say no?

Looks interesting - I was pleasantly surprised by one of the Target brand ice creams once, but once I discovered Talenti there I haven't gone back to the store brand stuff...
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

I've been wanting to try something with malted milk balls. Just trying to decide whether the base should be chocolate malt, or vanilla, or just chocolate.
    My mother makes chocolate malt gelato. Usually the base is vanilla malt with chocolate chunks but the beauty part is it can be any combination and it is still awesome.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

It's quite sad that I have yet to find malted milk balls flavor. I asked Fairway to order it and they haven't complied. I'm not sure if they realize I'm probably the customer in that particular store that spends the most money per month on ice cream.

It's too bad you don't have Publix up there. I'm sure it doesn't compare to Caio Bella but they've got a decent store brand with malt balls that's only 170 calories per serving I think.

Our Fresh Market has Caio Bella but so far not that flavor. :grumble:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

My mother makes chocolate malt gelato. Usually the base is vanilla malt with chocolate chunks but the beauty part is it can be any combination and it is still awesome.

That sounds good
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

How about pretzels with your salted caramel and maybe some chocolate in there too?

Or along the lines of the brambleberry crisp that Acrylics had from Jeni's - what about something with blackberries and oat clusters?

I made a chocolate heath bar ice cream once that was pretty good - I forgot about that one when I said my only success has ever been with vanilla...

Oh I just found this recipe a version of Jeni's brambleberry crisp

http://www.turningithome.com/2013/04/berry-crisp-ice-cream-jenis-way.html
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    We definitely need a recipe thread. BRB.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Yes a recipe thread is a must!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Yes a recipe thread is a must!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1358455-post-your-ice-cream-gelato-recipes
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Wow, get out of my head. I'm finishing up a job right now and I swear I thought the same thing was needed. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Jw put up some amazing creations.

I'll go in later and type something better up for the OP, but for now it's there if anyone's got anything fabulous to post.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    I added 2 different chocolate malted, I'll add the salted caramel recipe in a bit.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Someone asked earlier, but are we limiting this to gelato and ice cream? Or all Sweets? Just trying to get the rules down...