Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Replies

• This content has been removed.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    I vote for general sweets as well. I need a reason to make nutella bread pudding again.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    I vote for general sweets as well. I need a reason to make nutella bread pudding again.

Where's a drooling smiley when you need one?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    sakvuOl.jpg?1

So. I'm gonna be honest. I was hyped up for this. The Salty Caramel is so good and, as such, I knew this dark chocolate salty caramel had to amazeballs! And I'm not saying it was bad, far from it. The chocoalate had a kind of melty fudge-like texture and tasted like a really amazing cup of hot dark chocolate (like forreal hot chocolate, thick and silky and decadent., clinging to your tongue in the most delicious of ways)

So what the problem is?

The caramel. Where the hell is it? That bit you see right there? Was all that existed on the top layer. I dug halfway down without seeing another ribbon of delicious salty goodness (I did see a pocket on the very bottom, but I was hoping for it to be swirled throughout) After eating the Salty Caramel which was so delicious and so full of caramel...I'm just disappointed. I'm sure I just got an unfortunate batch but I'm sad nonetheless.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Ohai!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Ohai!

Hey! Was wondering when you'd show up.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Acrylics, something to me you wouldn't be a fan of those squares. I was expecting more from them.

JW, all I can say is I'm so jealous. Looks amazing.

Well just to make you a little more jealous we bought these for tomorrow

2nlef7l.jpg

2uepszm.jpg
    christ, you post some fabulous pictures.

Hjjkkjhkljhjjgfhmhk
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Anyone have experience with Three Twins ice cream? I've never had it. It's heavily discounted at my local WF this weekend in celebration of their store opening anniversary. Lemon Cookie sounds interesting.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Anyone have experience with Three Twins ice cream? I've never had it. It's heavily discounted at my local WF this weekend in celebration of their store opening anniversary. Lemon Cookie sounds interesting.

I haven't found that brand but I have heard good things about it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    The only one that I recall trying so far was Cookies and Cookies and Cream and Chocolate chip cookie dough.

Cookies and Cream - It was good. Something that I know Acrylics will definitely disagree with me if she finds this one is that I thought this Three twins was better than B&J Milk and Cookies.

Chocolate chip cookie dough - It was really good. The difference between this one and other brands I have taste is that this cookie dough flavor was not overly sweet. I really enjoyed it.

Reported for divisiveness :angry:

:laugh:

Maybe I need to find this one-- although the thing I love about Milk and Cookies is that it's a cookie swirl with both oreos and cookie dough. So unless it's got that I probably would still prefer my old standby.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    The only one that I recall trying so far was Cookies and Cookies and Cream and Chocolate chip cookie dough.

Cookies and Cream - It was good. Something that I know Acrylics will definitely disagree with me if she finds this one is that I thought this Three twins was better than B&J Milk and Cookies.

Chocolate chip cookie dough - It was really good. The difference between this one and other brands I have taste is that this cookie dough flavor was not overly sweet. I really enjoyed it.

Maybe I need to find this one-- although the thing I love about Milk and Cookies is that it's a cookie swirl with both oreos and cookie dough. So unless it's got that I probably would still prefer my old standby.

I love how well you guys know each other's tastes - it is like watching an old married couple bicker...

No offense to Mr Acrylics or Dora of course!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

I love how well you guys know each other's tastes - it is like watching an old married couple bicker...

No offense to Mr Acrylics or Dora of course!

Well, all we ever talk about is ice cream. :laugh:
  • WinoGelato
    Went out for dinner last night for a friend's birthday, to a fancy local restaurant that had a 6 course tasting menu. I'll post pics of the other courses in the Savory thread but here was dessert.

Buttermilk crepe with warm blackberry sauce and lemon balm ice cream. We also had a palate cleanser course of melon sorbet, first time I've ever had that!

8BA31EED-3323-4377-9474-52FC6971C77D_zpsub9wr3t5.jpg

Trying again - resizing does not seem to be taking...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ^Oh my word. That looks amazing.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Its pretty good.

The Dad's Cardamom is very nice - refreshing. Plus the macros are not too bad as its lower on carbs (but high on fats) than others.

The others I have tried are nice - but I would go for Talenti above Three Twins
  • WinoGelato

Can't figure out why so off center...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

Looks like it's just too big. I use photobucket (:grumble: ) and resize to 500 pixels across.
  • WinoGelato

Looks like it's just too big. I use photobucket (:grumble: ) and resize to 500 pixels across.

I've resized three times, to 480 and 440 and it just still keeps coming out off center. The other pics did too. Grr....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

I've resized three times, to 480 and 440 and it just still keeps coming out off center. The other pics did too. Grr....

Did you save it as a new image or replace the old one? If you tell it to replace the old one, it won't actually do it when you link to the photo for several days. This is my biggest gripe about photobucket.
  • WinoGelato

Did you save it as a new image or replace the old one? If you tell it to replace the old one, it won't actually do it when you link to the photo for several days. This is my biggest gripe about photobucket.

Ding ding ding - that's it! So strange. I just figured replacing the old one was the way to go so I didn't have two pics in my folder. So in a few days these pics will look right? That's bizarre!
  • WinoGelato
    6fc3ccca-8608-4e83-bab8-36f096833fb3_zpsd278a344.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    6fc3ccca-8608-4e83-bab8-36f096833fb3_zpsd278a344.jpg

Beautiful :heart:

Yeah I usually save the new pic and then I delete the old one. Hassle.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

This whole sizing thing with photobucket was a pain so i started using Imgur. I find it so much easier.

I agree, imgur is better. But then I'd have to re-upload all my gifs. 35 pages worth. :noway:
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Does anybody remember a Haagen Dazs flavor called "Creme Caramel Pecan"? It was the best ice cream I've ever had and was discontinued about 10 years or so ago.

But just a few days ago I found out that HD use to sell it overseas as "Pralines and Creams" and that it might be available here in the states under that name. Has anyone seen the P&C flavor of Haagen Dazs anywhere??
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    HD prailens and cream is still around. Or you could just go get butter pecan and add a little caramel to it

What a sweet, sweet revelation! The Butter Pecan isn't the same, even with added caramel, because the pecans in Creme Caramel Pecan/Pralines & Cream are encased in a sweet, praline coating that's amazing.