Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »
    I saw Talenti Roman Raspberry and Simply Strawberry at the local Kroger today, and $1 less than usual, so I bought them both. I've been doing a lot better at not mindless snacking, and I lifted today, so I had plenty of room left in my calories and was looking forward to savoring a whole pint of raspberry gelato. But, one look and one spoonful in, I realized it was "sorbetto" -- a sorbet type. No cream, and no fat or protein. It was okay as far as sorbets go, but I really prefer my frozen treats to have the cream. And I don't do as well with straight sugar as compared to sugar balanced by fats (I seem to have a reactive hypoglycemia reaction to straight sugars, especially drinks or, it now seems, sorbets). I only ate 1/2 of it and had to balance it out with milk and chips ahoy.

So, the short of it is, Roman Raspberry is good if you like Sorbets. The flavor is fairly true, and the bit of lemon makes it slightly tart, so it isn't pure sweet. But if you want a good, creamy gelato, this isn't the one.

That sucks. I was going to try their Alfonso Mango flavor until I read here how many people despised it. I remember their Lemon Sorbetto was so sweet I could barely finish the pint. Their Black Cherry flavor (not sure if sorbetto or regular flavor) was pretty good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tonight I made a Peanut Butter Poptart & Cookie spread sandwich. So yummy!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    If anyone is in the Gettysburg or McSherrytown areas in Pennsylvania you should stop in & try this http://www.halfpintcreamery.com/flavors.html. I haven't tried her ice cream yet, but I've heard it's delicious.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Cadbury egg flavor? OH god that sounds awesome.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Dreams really do come true... Someone brought in a box of bacon caramel doughnuts this morning to work.

3rvok3mcocsq.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I was finally able to try Talenti sea salt caramel and it was sooo good. I ended up avoiding the chocolates so I could eat them all at once in the end. :yum:

It made up for the awful chocolate wedding cake egg I ate earlier.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Dreams really do come true... Someone brought in a box of bacon caramel doughnuts this morning to work.

3rvok3mcocsq.jpg

There goes that unspellable sound coming out of my mouth again.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Cadbury egg flavor? OH god that sounds awesome.

I'm on an ice cream ban since I've been eating way too much recently but when I can moderate it again I am trying her Dunkaroo flavor.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Who wants to smuggle me in a jail bar file?

You want some ice cream too?

Why did you get the bars this time?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Well that was fast. :laugh:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Sure, but we'll need several of Kruggeri's bacon doughnuts. 1 for the file and a few more for.... things.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Uh oh. Should we be on watch?

Anyway, look at this beauty I just passed at Columbus' airport!

h1uvzmnmor9k.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Uh oh. Should we be on watch?

Anyway, look at this beauty I just passed at Columbus' airport!

h1uvzmnmor9k.jpg

Now if only it weren't empty...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Stopped by Acme and they had Yuengling ice cream and Edy's frozen custard on sale, so I picked up the Yuengling Black & Tan and the vanilla custard and had a spoonful of each... The custard isn't bad, but the flavor is pretty mild, and it does seem pretty hard for custard, but I'll have to give it another try with a bigger serving (and possibly whipped cream and chocolate sauce, which is why I got it in the first place). The Yuengling ice cream is really good though! I managed to get a spoonful of a good combination of both flavors and they're both flavorful and creamy... I suspect that one isn't going to last long.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Went out for lunch today and had "Motor Oil" Ice cream from a local creamery. It was basically a coffee based ice cream (and I mean, a very LIGHT coffee) with fudge swirls and something else... maybe caramel... there was some kind of greenish sauce, no idea what the flavor was or if it was just colored that way. It was sooooo good and creamy. Now I want to go to the creamery and just buy a whole tub of it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So Carvel has their Nutella ice cream available this month. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go and try it out. Comes in regular scoops (with 'crunchies', whatever that means), soft served, shake and Sundae dasher. Got to make room for one of those...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Went out for lunch today and had "Motor Oil" Ice cream from a local creamery. It was basically a coffee based ice cream (and I mean, a very LIGHT coffee) with fudge swirls and something else... maybe caramel... there was some kind of greenish sauce, no idea what the flavor was or if it was just colored that way. It was sooooo good and creamy. Now I want to go to the creamery and just buy a whole tub of it.

While it sounds like it tasted good, it also sounds like it was rather gross to look at...
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »

While it sounds like it tasted good, it also sounds like it was rather gross to look at...
    lol yeah it was almost like snot, haha.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Went by local Whole Foods because they had a great one day sale on swordfish steaks. Cruised the ice creams and was tempted by a local (Petaluma, CA - north of SF) creamery that makes 100% sheep's milk ice creams. But the few flavors available didn't really interest me so I passed for now. But they did have the Talenti Tiramisu so I grabbed one to try sometime later. Too many open pints in the freezer to grab a few others from different brands that looked interesting. I may not be a WF fan, but I will admit they have an interesting ice cream selection!