ceoverturf wrote: »
    And just realized I had post # 2000 in this thread

Yay me!

56806027.jpg

Don't forget the ice cream!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    On Second Scoop posted about a company named Perry's that has a new French Toast flavor. It looks like the company is based in NY & has some interesting ice cream pints

http://www.perrysicecream.com/products/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    On Second Scoop posted about a company named Perry's that has a new French Toast flavor. It looks like the company is based in NY & has some interesting ice cream pints

Oh yum. Not in my area sadly.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Not mine either :(
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Not mine either :(
    Being introduced to other foods across the country or world is one of the best and worst things about the Internet. :disappointed:

• krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It's very satisfying to finish off a pint of Talenti. And knowing that you're giving your Breyers Gelato to your dad, that you have room for MOAR ice cream!
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    I love Sundays... it's when I restock my freezer, lol.

Today I picked up Turkey Hill's Seasonal Favorite Deep Dark Chocolate
    deep-dark-chocolate-ice-cream.jpg
    and because I had a coupon I got Friendly's Black Raspberry Crunch
    10014cf-black-raspberry-krunch-cone-1136x800.ashx?mw=530
  • krissyreminisce
    Options

Let me know how that Turkey Hill Ice Cream turns out!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Finally got to go to Carvel and try the Nutella soft serve. It's definitely a mild taste, but it was worth the calories to try out. And I enjoyed the waffle bowl that came with it very much too..
  • Ninkyou
    Options

Let me know how that Turkey Hill Ice Cream turns out!

It's good. It's not just straight up ice cream, it's got little chocolate sliver/shards in it. It's also fluffy like their light recipe ice creams often are. But it looks like mud. lol. My husband came into the kitchen while I was scooping it out and he said, "Ew, that looks disgusting! I'm not eating that, what is it?" and I said "It's deep dark chocolate and I got it because I knew you wouldn't eat it." and gave him the evil grin. Bwahahahaha
  • krissyreminisce
    Options
    Just tried Talenti Fudge Brownie and so far it's my favorite chocolaty flavor out of the ones I've tried. I still have a lot of Hazelnut chip in my freezer that I guess I'm going to have to start working on, though.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just tried Talenti Fudge Brownie and so far it's my favorite chocolaty flavor out of the ones I've tried. I still have a lot of Hazelnut chip in my freezer that I guess I'm going to have to start working on, though.

I saw the Hazelnut Chip yesterday and didn't grab it because I wasn't coming straight home. Also I still have a serving or two of the plain Hazelnut that's been in my fridge for months.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

And it's freaking delicious. As are the White Lightning and German Chocolate Cake flavors. I'm working my way through the Perry's freezer case at the Nice N Easy up the street.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

And it's freaking delicious. As are the White Lightning and German Chocolate Cake flavors. I'm working my way through the Perry's freezer case at the Nice N Easy up the street.

The Fireball flavor seems amazing!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    We were stocking up on foods because we just got back in town from vacation, and I insisted that we go down the ice cream aisle even though we have several containers in the freezer already.

I saw these which I hadn't seen before:
    15999455963_530ed307ab_z.jpg

Of course picked them up. I had the caramel last night, and it was so good! And cheaper than Talenti since it's a larger container. I'd say it's a pretty good substitute.
  • Francl27
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    We were stocking up on foods because we just got back in town from vacation, and I insisted that we go down the ice cream aisle even though we have several containers in the freezer already.

Of course picked them up. I had the caramel last night, and it was so good! And cheaper than Talenti since it's a larger container. I'd say it's a pretty good substitute.

I was wondering about those.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

The salted caramel had a good base flavor, nice and creamy, and similar mixins to Talenti with caramel filled chocolate pieces. And lots of them. It's a bit of a calorie hit (220 calories for 87g) but really tasty.
  • Ninkyou
    Options

The salted caramel had a good base flavor, nice and creamy, and similar mixins to Talenti with caramel filled chocolate pieces. And lots of them. It's a bit of a calorie hit (220 calories for 87g) but really tasty.

I was not terribly impressed with the Chocolate Peanut Butter. It was more 'icy' than creamy to me.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    If I hide here the vet can't find me.......

7tgHpfB.jpg?1

Good luck, Leo!

So far Atilla's best trick is to try to look like he's part of the wall. They are the same color but his mask and ears give him away every damn time, the poor little thing. :laugh: