MFP LaVuelta Signup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    My apologies to Team Pastana. After a 72 hour shift, I slept through my alarm and didn't make it out for a ride. I will be back at it tomorrow come rain or shine.

If you're going to miss any stage, the time trial was as good as any... annoying to break the streak I know, that's whats keeping me riding some days, but you're still "above and beyond the call of duty" in my books mate.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    And when it rains it pours. Doctor has advised me to keep off the bike for a couple weeks, along with my grandma who raised me being admitted into the hospital yesterday for a torn esophagus, and my daughter this morning falling/jumping off the playground equipment and hurting herself (not sure on the extent of hurting as of yet).

I'm very sorry to say Team 3 that I am not going to be able to complete this challenge.

Oh no! They say things happen in 3's so that should be you done for a while! :wink:

I hope you all get well soon!
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    There is an error on the spreadsheet!
    Someone entered rider #327 ride for 9/2 under my name.
    I did not ride today and probably will not be able to because i am working late and have a 2 hour commute home.

Thanks for letting us know - it's sorted now.

My error - sorry. Thanks for fixing,TBY.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    There is an error on the spreadsheet!
    Someone entered rider #327 ride for 9/2 under my name.
    I did not ride today and probably will not be able to because i am working late and have a 2 hour commute home.

Thanks for letting us know - it's sorted now.

My error - sorry. Thanks for fixing,TBY.

Easily done, and easily fixed - the whole "3x1" page thing is a bit of a compromise tbh, but the alternative of having individual pages for each rider is far worse, as, probably would be having a page for each team...
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yay! I get to post mileage again tomorrow! Sorry Team 1 for being out with a mechanical (and then sick) for the first half but I'm back at it. I may not drop huge numbers but at least I'm usually consistent.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    Yay! I get to post mileage again tomorrow! Sorry Team 1 for being out with a mechanical (and then sick) for the first half but I'm back at it. I may not drop huge numbers but at least I'm usually consistent.

Nice to have you back. :-)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, I said rain or shine. The weather decided it was going to be rain. Still busted a hump and got in some miles despite the buckets. It's supposed to be better weather tomorrow so I'll see if I can log more kilometers than today. :-)
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I have had a serious cold that has knocked me for a loop plus its year end at work and they are driving me nuts with the work load. Riding my bike hasn't been much of an option. I think I might have to with draw from Team 4. What says the team - would you rather have someone who can actually add to the team miles?

I did post my miles for this last Saturday. I probably shouldn't have ridden but I was feeling better then Sunday came. I was very happy to have a rest day on 9/1 but at the moment it's not looking good. I will defer to Big Yin and my Team mates. I'll still be riding. Its just not at a level I'm happy with.

From some of the other posts, it looks like its been a rough month. We just learned that a friend of ours had a car pull in front of him to turn and he hit it head on. He broke both his knee caps and then to add insult to injury, someone stole his Lightspeed bike out of the locker at the hospital. He's a semi professional racer so this has ended his season for the year. The hospital is going to be buying a new bike. I'm sure they aren't happy about that as it wasn't your normal bike.

Hope everyone is doing well over all and that all the illness and bad luck as run its course at this point.
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Midori, sorry you're not feeling well, hope the cold passes soon. Don't worry about getting in miles, staying healthy is way, way more important.

Just like the real tour, the team is the team and no substitutions are allowed after the rollout. So if you feel better next week and can ride, great but if not, no worries at all. ????
  • Frannybobs
    Options
    Whilst perusing the spreadsheet just now, I was looking at the leaderboard - to see where I was speed-wise compared to the group as a whole, I was better than I thought actually, but then I got to thinking...and this may be controversial - but we have a few laydeez in this competition, so could we have maybe one or more of the jerseys as female only, maybe female GC winner, or female sprinter - maybe that one, as although we could go as far, it would be difficult (although by no means impossible) to go quite as fast?

Like I said just a thought, I'm no feminist so I don't want to start off a sexism row!!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Whilst perusing the spreadsheet just now, I was looking at the leaderboard - to see where I was speed-wise compared to the group as a whole, I was better than I thought actually, but then I got to thinking...and this may be controversial - but we have a few laydeez in this competition, so could we have maybe one or more of the jerseys as female only, maybe female GC winner, or female sprinter - maybe that one, as although we could go as far, it would be difficult (although by no means impossible) to go quite as fast?

Like I said just a thought, I'm no feminist so I don't want to start off a sexism row!!

As Clive often says... If you build it, they will come...

Create an extra "Tab" in the worksheet that's populated with the data from just the Distaff members of the challenge (same way as the "leaderboard" works), and use that to make the Laydeez Leaderboard... You'll have to design the Jerseys yourself though :wink:
  • Frannybobs
    Options

Create an extra "Tab" in the worksheet that's populated with the data from just the Distaff members of the challenge (same way as the "leaderboard" works), and use that to make the Laydeez Leaderboard... You'll have to design the Jerseys yourself though :wink:

With nice pink flowers on?! :tongue:

Haha if you have got the "normal" men's ones - I'll see if I can put a twist on them for da girls...although my artistic skills are akin to a 6 year old!!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    With nice pink flowers on?! :tongue:

Haha if you have got the "normal" men's ones - I'll see if I can put a twist on them for da girls...although my artistic skills are akin to a 6 year old!!

Please don't do the standard bike industry "Shrink it and Pink it" job on them... :laugh:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Can't take the credit for that... http://youtu.be/5Ay5GqJwHF8 :wink:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Without looking ... Field of dreams...?
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Without looking ... Field of dreams...?
    Correct :wink:
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Team #4 I'm sorry for my lack of riding this week.
    I commute 2 hours to work and I have been getting home later than usual.
    First week of school for the kids as well.
    I'll be riding tonight, Sat and Sunday! It is amazing
    How the roller coaster of emotions are for a challenge
    like this! I started off very strong and was proud and happy
    then the real life stuff kicks in and I can't help but feel guilty
    for not riding! You are an amazing and inspiring group
    of people and I want to thank you all for the motivation,
    patience and the help with increasing my bike fitness.
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Team #4 I'm sorry for my lack of riding this week.
    I commute 2 hours to work and I have been getting home later than usual.
    First week of school for the kids as well.
    I'll be riding tonight, Sat and Sunday! It is amazing
    How the roller coaster of emotions are for a challenge
    like this! I started off very strong and was proud and happy
    then the real life stuff kicks in and I can't help but feel guilty
    for not riding! You are an amazing and inspiring group
    of people and I want to thank you all for the motivation,
    patience and the help with increasing my bike fitness.

No worries at all Bill. We all do what we can, when we can. Sometimes life gets in the way. It is great seeing you make such great progress on your bike. It really reminds me of when I started riding 4 years ago and I smile at all the miles and great memories I've had on the bike since :smile:
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sorry team 2. I don't think I'll be riding today, 9/6 or 6/9 for you UK folks. Hard thunder storms here today, I completely imploded on yesterday's ride and today is my day to transition from a normal day routine to my night shift routine. It's a big km day for the challenge and I feel like I'm leaving you folks in a fix.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sorry Team Pastana. I have been going since 0330 this morning (21 hours) trying to save patients. I wish I could say I have been successful but I'm only batting about 80%. Cancer and Blunt trauma from getting hit by cars is wreaking havoc on my patients. The last dog had a concussion and seemed stable and passed as I was showing the owner what was wrong. Tossed a blood clot. Bottom line is I didn't get a ride in on Saturday and Sunday isn't looking good either.