MFP LaVuelta Signup/Discussion Thread

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Well done Team 2 for being simply awesome, had a family day yesterday and this drink was dedicated to my fellow riders:

10654922_488912911245222_2131062809_n.jpg

Congrats to everyone for a superb tour.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The Vuelta did not go near as planned, for many reasons, but still enjoyed "riding" with everyone. Big thanks to Mark for organizing and herding cats to keep all of us in line. And to cloggsy and Fran for spreadsheet wizardry too! Big thanks to everyone who participated in all the events, it's really cool to be a part of something like this and I look forward to continuing to do so. Most fo all thanks to Team Pastana, my teammates (who I feel I let down terribly), you guys rock! Looking forward to il Lombardia and the Worlds!
    :drinker: :happy: :drinker: :happy: :drinker: :happy:
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks TBY and everyone for organizing this event.
    I really enjoyed the friendly competition and the motivation.
    My cycling fitness has come a long way and where I used
    To cringe when thinking of climbing I now embrace the challenging
    hills! Thank you for the addiction!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Most fo all thanks to Team Pastana, my teammates (who I feel I let down terribly), you guys rock!
    You haven't let us down at all; ride what you can. If you're not 'enjoying it', then you're doing it wrong... It's just us 'nutcases' who feel the need to punish ourselves and ride every day of the challenge.

Veloman21 gives a whole new meaning to the word 'Nutcase'; 1832.3km's of riding AND 22903 metres of climbing... That is INSANE! :tongue: :noway:
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Veloman21 gives a whole new meaning to the word 'Nutcase'; 1832.3km's of riding AND 22903 metres of climbing... That is INSANE! :tongue: :noway:

Yes quite crazy, you'd never catch me doing something like that .... ahem :)

Chapeau to those that hit it big stylie this time round.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I know the Worlds are kind of the end of the season, but when is the next challenge more or less? The classics are in the spring aren't they? I've already got one bike mounted in the trainer for winter. That's going to be some serious withdrawal.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    I know the Worlds are kind of the end of the season, but when is the next challenge more or less? The classics are in the spring aren't they? I've already got one bike mounted in the trainer for winter. That's going to be some serious withdrawal.

Worlds are being deferred for an extra week - I'm full of cold and not up to sorting everything in time, but there's the final installment of the Classics Challenge (Il Lombardia - on 5th October) - then from mid-october there's likely to be a variation on the "Winter Series" I did last time...

Cyclocross - Hour and a Lap Rides
    Indoor Trainer - Points for Sweating it out in the pain-cave
    Base Mile Builder - Long Steady Distance
    Rule #9 Commuter Challenge - One for the Weekday Warriors

Should help us get through the "off-season" (Kupe, stop laughing will you, or I'll come over and pay you a visit...)