MFP LaVuelta Signup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Took all my breaks for the day in one shot and got in a 50K ride at 4:30 AM. It's like really black at 4:30 AM! Glad I had lights. OK Team 1. Let's hit it hard this weekend and show we are a force to be reckoned with on this challenge! :wink: :wink:

4 riders, longest stage of the Vuelta in the bag - now if the other 5 get stuck in all their rides are gravy....
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It is with heavy heart that I think I need to drop out of the Vuelta, in the hopes that TBY has a backup who's been waiting in the wings to step up and help out Team Omega ParmaHam.

I've been experiencing abdominal issues over the past two weeks and my doc has put me on a complete liquid diet and no riding until a firm diagnosis is made - which could be another week while waiting on Insurance to approve a CT Scan :p Nothing like getting sick right before a long holiday weekend :p

Sorry Team OmegaParmaHam, and good luck!

No worries at all. The other Parma Hamsters have got your back :wink: As everyone has said, the main thing is to get well and only start riding again when the doc gives you the green light.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi Team FDS & the all mighty organiser TBY - I'll be away to Taiwan with my bike 3-15 Sep :tongue: . Will try to update the stats the best I can - depends on the internet access.

Ride lots & ride safe everyone!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Hi Team FDS & the all mighty organiser TBY - I'll be away to Taiwan with my bike 3-15 Sep :tongue: . Will try to update the stats the best I can - depends on the internet access.

Worst case, if you can at least get the rides into Strava, I'll do the rest Karan.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Worst case, if you can at least get the rides into Strava, I'll do the rest Karan.

That will be great if you can help me out with the numbers Mark! Should be no problem to get the rides into Strava :drinker:
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Team FDS is pretty well stacked with some big time riders. What's up with that? ;-)

The real secret to TeamFDS doing well at the moment though, is that everyone is knocking in good distances, not just a couple of members. Probably because Jason is doing a load of pestering people behind the scenes :laugh:

LOL! :) I've been pretty subdued from my usual nutty self but it's very pleasing to see the team pie chart where everyone apart from one beast has put in a good team average, I love it when a plan comes together....
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    It is a really great team... I'm amazed at how balanced our pie charts are both distance and elevation. Go TEAM GO!!!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    TeamFDS is right-royally kicking *kitten*!
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Well, managed to give myself a real nasty knock to the head yesterday and have given myself a concussion. Won't be able to touch a bike for a while, having a hard enough time without dizziness just standing right now. =/
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    Well, managed to give myself a real nasty knock to the head yesterday and have given myself a concussion. Won't be able to touch a bike for a while, having a hard enough time without dizziness just standing right now. =/

Ouch! How did you do that? It wasn't after drinking Moose Milk for an October fest warm up was it? :tongue:
  • vb4evr
    Options

Ouch! How did you do that? It wasn't after drinking Moose Milk for an October fest warm up was it? :tongue:

Haha, I wish. Nothing quite as glamorous I'm afraid and more embarassing. I was bringing a bouncy castle to my little girls friends birthday party and went to get it out of the shed and the blower fell off the top shelf while I was bringing the castle part off. Bonk! Pretty much an instant goose egg.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Team Pastana

Massive apologies for my lack of rides last week - combination of weather and life getting in the way in the week, and then a weekend away.

This week however I shall be pulling a bit more weight. Out tomorrow straight from work so no ride then, but ALL BEING WELL (as I am a little cursed) I should be able to ride Wednesday to Friday and even get another weekend ride in on Saturday :-) Unfortunately not Sunday as got church then a band concert then out for mum's birthday.

I need to increase my chunk of the pie...so watch this space!
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow, Team FDS already on their second lap!! Amazing teamwork, chapeau!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Haha, I wish. Nothing quite as glamorous I'm afraid and more embarassing. I was bringing a bouncy castle to my little girls friends birthday party and went to get it out of the shed and the blower fell off the top shelf while I was bringing the castle part off. Bonk! Pretty much an instant goose egg.

LOL! The best laid plans of mice and men. I think we should stick with the moose milk story. :laugh: Heal fast. :happy:
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    There is an error on the spreadsheet!
    Someone entered rider #327 ride for 9/2 under my name.
    I did not ride today and probably will not be able to because i am working late and have a 2 hour commute home.
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It is with heavy heart that I think I need to drop out of the Vuelta, in the hopes that TBY has a backup who's been waiting in the wings to step up and help out Team Omega ParmaHam.

I've been experiencing abdominal issues over the past two weeks and my doc has put me on a complete liquid diet and no riding until a firm diagnosis is made - which could be another week while waiting on Insurance to approve a CT Scan :p Nothing like getting sick right before a long holiday weekend :p

Sorry Team OmegaParmaHam, and good luck!

Sorry to hear about your health issues!
    Get yourself well and don't worry about this!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    There is an error on the spreadsheet!
    Someone entered rider #327 ride for 9/2 under my name.
    I did not ride today and probably will not be able to because i am working late and have a 2 hour commute home.

Thanks for letting us know - it's sorted now.
  • vb4evr
    Options
    And when it rains it pours. Doctor has advised me to keep off the bike for a couple weeks, along with my grandma who raised me being admitted into the hospital yesterday for a torn esophagus, and my daughter this morning falling/jumping off the playground equipment and hurting herself (not sure on the extent of hurting as of yet).

I'm very sorry to say Team 3 that I am not going to be able to complete this challenge.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    My apologies to Team Pastana. After a 72 hour shift, I slept through my alarm and didn't make it out for a ride. I will be back at it tomorrow come rain or shine.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    And when it rains it pours. Doctor has advised me to keep off the bike for a couple weeks, along with my grandma who raised me being admitted into the hospital yesterday for a torn esophagus, and my daughter this morning falling/jumping off the playground equipment and hurting herself (not sure on the extent of hurting as of yet).

I'm very sorry to say Team 3 that I am not going to be able to complete this challenge.

As I said in the initial post of the logging thread mate, follow your doctors orders. No worries, it's a team event, but nothing is as important as your health.

Hope your other family members are okay / on the mend as well.

There'll be plenty of other challenges down the road.