MFP LaVuelta Signup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    As always Mark, thanks for all the time and effort you put in to challenges. All the details like the dossards, the spreadsheet etc. make the challenge so much more enjoyable and intimate. It really adds tremendously to the enjoyment of the challenge. Kudos!!
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks TBY.
    Appreciate all the time you put into these events!
    :)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Dossard Mark. :wink: :wink: Love the Sufferlandria flag. :smile:

No worries - it's a shame really, I haven't managed to work in any extra "easter eggs" in the Dossards this tour... I've kept all the "custom" jobs from prior tours, as it's easier to re-purpose the last tour dossard than roll a new one from scratch.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Thanks TBY.
    Appreciate all the time you put into these events!
    :)

Got it right Second Time - that's not bad for me...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    As always Mark, thanks for all the time and effort you put in to challenges. All the details like the dossards, the spreadsheet etc. make the challenge so much more enjoyable and intimate. It really adds tremendously to the enjoyment of the challenge. Kudos!!

The Dossards are partly a "bonus" for everyone riding, and partly a cunning plan on my part,

a) to publicise the whole event (as in "WTF have you got as your profile picture", "Oh, its for a really cool cycling challenge some crazy english dude is running...")

and

b) to make it easier for me (or one of the minions helping out with the data entry) to tell at a glance who is who in the entries thread - it's WAY easier to see a BIG avatar with the number showing, than looking for the "Rider: 3xx" bit in the template...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Okay - I've been out for a walk this afternoon - 3 hours of aimless wandering gives a fella time to dream up some extra stuff...

We have a RULE CHANGE for challenges going forward.

For any days stage where the pro's are riding a Team Time-Trial, for the days distance to be considered "complete", not only does the distance need to be done (which, is usually not much of a challenge - for instance it's 12.6km in the 2014 Vuelta.) BUT also FIVE OR MORE riders need to complete the distance individually. This ties in nicely with the actual TTT where the time is actually taken on the 5th man across the line.
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Have always appreciated all the hard work you put into these. Even if it is my first time in one.

Also.(And it is not really that big of a deal) I'm actually from Canada not the US. If its a big thing to update for the dossard no worries. I'll just be an honorary American.(If they will have me of course.)
    lol
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Have always appreciated all the hard work you put into these. Even if it is my first time in one.

Also.(And it is not really that big of a deal) I'm actually from Canada not the US. If its a big thing to update for the dossard no worries. I'll just be an honorary American.(If they will have me of course.)
    lol

Done.

I actually have the files in Photoshop, with all the flags on different "layers", and I'd actually dropped a maple-leaf layer in there for your dossard, then forgot to switch the 'merkin flag off, which neatly covered yours...

Anyhooo, sorted now, eh...
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Woohoo. =)
    Thanks TBY
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options

lol

It would be an honor to have you. You're welcome anytime. Honorary, visiting or otherwise. :smile: :smile:
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge thanks for your hard work putting it together ????
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I'm liking that rule change, makes things a bit more interesting for that day!

Sorry to be a pain Mark but my dossard still says TDF Challenge! *lols*

I can probably change it myself, it seems cheeky asking you to do it when you do such a great job!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I'm liking that rule change, makes things a bit more interesting for that day!

Sorry to be a pain Mark but my dossard still says TDF Challenge! *lols*

I can probably change it myself, it seems cheeky asking you to do it when you do such a great job!
    Give me a Minute...

ETA: Done.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    b) to make it easier for me (or one of the minions helping out with the data entry) to tell at a glance who is who in the entries thread - it's WAY easier to see a BIG avatar with the number showing, than looking for the "Rider: 3xx" bit in the template...

Hahahaha "minion" :laugh:

Good job I'm proud to be one of your minions!! :wink:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    200.gif

Hahaha - LOVE this!!!
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Okay - I've been out for a walk this afternoon - 3 hours of aimless wandering gives a fella time to dream up some extra stuff...

We have a RULE CHANGE for challenges going forward.

For any days stage where the pro's are riding a Team Time-Trial, for the days distance to be considered "complete", not only does the distance need to be done (which, is usually not much of a challenge - for instance it's 12.6km in the 2014 Vuelta.) BUT also FIVE OR MORE riders need to complete the distance individually. This ties in nicely with the actual TTT where the time is actually taken on the 5th man across the line.
    Not sure if it's evil or brilliant. Evilly brilliant? Nice to change it up!
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Ooooo I want a Sufferlandria flag too! What challenge do you suggest to earn that flag? :D
  • TheBigYin
    Options

Ooooo I want a Sufferlandria flag too! What challenge do you suggest to earn that flag? :D

Well, he sort of gets it due to his name...

We could start qualification based on riding all 3 grand tours (every stage) and a minimum of 5 of the spring classics though...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options

Well, he sort of gets it due to his name...

We could start qualification based on riding all 3 grand tours (every stage) and a minimum of 5 of the spring classics though...

That sounds cool. :smile: I got mine by owning all the sufferfest videos and riding them all and getting the black sufferfest kit. It's the one for being the first in your city to order a kit. Now the flag of sufferlandria hangs proudly from my wall in my office. I like the idea of riding all three grand tours and all five classics better. It doesn't require people to buy anything. Although I think they should have to complete every day in at least one grand tour. :wink: :wink: