MFP LaVuelta Signup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this tour, as with all the rest of them.

I'm actually riding from St. Cloud, Minnesota (USA) to Galena, Illinois (USA) starting on 8/15/2014. My first scheduled rest day is 8/23/2014 in La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA, but I'll try to get out and ride a little that day as this coincides with the start date for this tour. While there are no mountain climbs on this particular tour, there will be many hills, so you can expect more hill climbing than my normal 10Meter per 10KM of climb at the beginning of this tour.

I'm supposed to conclude my tour on 9/2/2014, but may continue it anyway, so we'll see how all that goes.

Looking forward to riding with everyone else....
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    don't worry for the first day Tom... it's only 12.6km! In fact the tour is sort of book-ended by time-trials - the last stage is only 10.0km...
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    To be honest Jason, you're a natural for the xx9 bib - even with all last challenges riding, you were still there reminding/pestering/encouraging the rest of the team along - which is what the "road captain" job is all about (and why I generally take the 309 myself - even if occasionally, by some misadventure or bad planning, I also end up doing the higher distance...)

It's that competitive nature, I know this only too well :), must .... stick .... to .... plan!

Btw I want your logo on a cycling Jersey, could prove useful lol, also quite like this one ....

15oe6g0.jpg

I'd wear that jersey but don't want to give any of the local idiot...err...drivers any ideas.

I'll take my 305 if you'll have me.

TBY Edit - Confirmed - it wouldn't be the same without you mate :-)
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Btw I want your logo on a cycling Jersey, could prove useful lol, also quite like this one ....

15oe6g0.jpg
    [/quote]

I also want one, great for winter riding into the city
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    <<<<added a logo I love here. DH made me a shirt. I now need the "Don't run me over jersey too"...that's a keeper!

Please sign me up again. Loved the Le tour. I Team # 4 was awesome! but any number is ok. I'm likely to be a bit slow on the first weekend for travel, but hopefully can pull some mileage overall. :)

Thanks.

TBY Edit - Confirmed on 339 :-)
  • cyclistphil
    cyclistphil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would like to ride this challenge. Since my number from TDF is taken already I would like 321.
    Thanks

TBY Edit - Confirmed - and, to be honest, I was going to "suggest" you picked up the 3x1 spot on wherever team you chose to ride with ;-)
  • Cycle_pathic
    Cycle_pathic Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm in, my number from TDF is fine, 329.

Thanks!!

TBY Edit - Confirmed
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Same number (338) is fine. I plan on getting LOTS of riding done in the next 6 weeks as I'm training for Pedal The Cause the weekend following La Vuelta. :)

TBY Edit - Confirmed
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    More than Half Full now folks...
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Stick me in anywhere Mark..

TBY Edit - Better give you 301 again ;-)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of good folks signing up. This is going to be fun again. Thanks again Mark for spearheading this thing and doing all the computer work. It's much appreciated. :drinker: :drinker:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    There's a lot of good folks signing up. This is going to be fun again. Thanks again Mark for spearheading this thing and doing all the computer work. It's much appreciated. :drinker: :drinker:

Actually, it's to keep me OUT of the pub that I do this... :laugh:

Great to see people getting onboard again - especially late in the season.
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The Pressure!!!!!!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    The Pressure!!!!!!

You can handle it mate :wink:
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i'll play...feel free to put me anywhere....

Thanks , Chris

TBY edit... I'll drop you in tomorrow, when I'm on a proper computer, but rest assured your on the race....

ETA - 325, same as LeTour
  • KaktusJaque
    KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i will have to pass on this one.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    i will have to pass on this one.

I guessed as much mate - just look after yourself and stay healthy...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    2d0fgqq.jpg

OK. so I didn't get a ride in today. I did get the fish hook out of the mouth on this Osprey. It was still a good day. :wink:
  • TheBigYin
    Options

OK. so I didn't get a ride in today. I did get the fish hook out of the mouth on this Osprey. It was still a good day. :wink:

Once again I find myself saying Chapeau...
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in!
    The second day 8/24 I move my daughter into
    College but I should have a decent showing otherwise for a
    Noob who's only been peddling for 2 months!

TBY Edit - Provisionally Confirmed as 337 - Please PM me your Strava User Name and Athlete URL