Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! still a newbie here!!! been doing OMAD for 25 days and enjoying the ride big time!... :)
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've been reading alot about OMAD lately and thought I'd give it a try. I've been keto off and on for the last 4-5 months. I don't necessarily need to lose weight, but had a hard time trying to lose a bit more body fat. My highest I've ever been was 163lbs right after giving birth to my 3rd child. I'm only 5'4" with very skinny bones (arms & legs), it was quite uncomfortable!
    Now CW : 116 lbs.
    I've had a bad relationship with food in the past and I hate to obsess about calories, measuring, ect..
    I completely stalled on keto and I started to incorporate IT. It helps a bit, but the scale or body fat will not budge!
    I job 4-5 times/week and do light weights at home.
    The thing that I'm getting tired of with Keto is the carb restrictions. I have a sweet tooth and cannot go too long without it! OMAD seems more doable for me so that I can include dessert or a baked good with my larger meal. Also, when doing keto, I found that I was constantly hungry, looking for snacks throughout the day. My calorie limit was 1400, so dividing that by 3 meals doesn't give me too much to work with.. especially since the high fat has high calories. I just wanted to stuff myself sometimes and it only took me way over my calorie limit! I am starting today on OMAD and I had my meal - 1518 cal. And I was stuffed! Any advice for a newbie, would be greatly appreciated!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome!

Forget low-carb. I certainly am not and lost 174 lbs in 11 months. Eat what satisifies you and move along with your day. You'll be in control and will feel better.

-Joe
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Welcome, both of you!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am about a week into it and it has helped me to read about other people's struggles, meals, beverages, and patterns. Utilize the group as often as you need to and reach out to others. There are lots of people here with many different experiences.
  • kokonani
    Options
    Coming off of keto, I was super excited to have a big meal of more carbs. Of course I started with some baked salmon, but ended up filling my stomach with mostly banana muffin, dark chocolate, a small donut and a scoop of Ben & Jerry ice cream. I was completely full for the entire day. ( I ate around 10 am). Went for a jog around 4pm, and by 7 felt light headed and foggy.. I hard a hard time getting to sleep because of hunger pangs. My next big meal I will make sure to eat more protein and veggies to get me through alot better. I am assuming it was all the sugary carbs that I was crashing on and wasn't enough for my body to sustain on for the next 23 hours..? This is definitely a learning process..!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »
    Coming off of keto, I was super excited to have a big meal of more carbs. Of course I started with some baked salmon, but ended up filling my stomach with mostly banana muffin, dark chocolate, a small donut and a scoop of Ben & Jerry ice cream. I was completely full for the entire day. ( I ate around 10 am). Went for a jog around 4pm, and by 7 felt light headed and foggy.. I hard a hard time getting to sleep because of hunger pangs. My next big meal I will make sure to eat more protein and veggies to get me through alot better. I am assuming it was all the sugary carbs that I was crashing on and wasn't enough for my body to sustain on for the next 23 hours..? This is definitely a learning process..!
    I think this is correct. Protein, veggies and fats are part of all of my meals and I get through each day no problem. Personally I'd try to ditch the sugar as much as possible, I did so about 10 months ago and it changed my life. It might be a little rough in the beginning to get your body weaned off it, but once you do you won't have the up's and downs, cravings, etc.

• kokonani
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I think this is correct. Protein, veggies and fats are part of all of my meals and I get through each day no problem. Personally I'd try to ditch the sugar as much as possible, I did so about 10 months ago and it changed my life. It might be a little rough in the beginning to get your body weaned off it, but once you do you won't have the up's and downs, cravings, etc.

I did keto for months. And all I could think about was sweets and pastry! I was very strict with myself and opted for replacements and keto friendly sweet substitutes. Now I feel like since I'm going to only eat once, I'm going to enjoy what I've been craving for so long. I will definitely try to wean off because I know physically it was purely beneficial to be free of sugar. Thanks for all your support and advice, everyone! Glad I'm here!
  • jvcinv
    Options
    I did keto for months. And all I could think about was sweets and pastry! I was very strict with myself and opted for replacements and keto friendly sweet substitutes. Now I feel like since I'm going to only eat once, I'm going to enjoy what I've been craving for so long. I will definitely try to wean off because I know physically it was purely beneficial to be free of sugar. Thanks for all your support and advice, everyone! Glad I'm here!
    I did a KETO style super low carb diet once, maybe 4 weeks in total. It did not take me long to realize that it was not sustainable, and we should all be looking to make long term sustainable changes. Good luck.

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    ...your name or preferred username: Monica
    ...your weight 269 lbs or 122 kg
    ...your height 5'7'' 170cm
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: lots of diets which did not work or worked partially and putting back
    ...your goal weight range : 143 lbs 153 lbs 65kg - 70 kg
    ...the time of your OMAD : from 16 to 20 I think for the moment, in the afternoon as I work in shifts
    ...and your OMAD start date. Well I need to study first , but I plan to be next week on Monday or Tuesday, today and tomorrow maybe trying with a simulation of OMAD

Uffff, I don't know where and how to start but maybe a good point will be to watch first the videos on OMAD revolution channel, read the basics and than have a lot of questions of course
    But I am willing to follow this approach and happy that I find this group
    Have a nice day you all!!
  • shawnmseymour
    shawnmseymour Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ...your name: Shawn

...your weight: 340 lbs / 154 kg

...your height: 5' 9" / 175 cm

...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: binge eating all the time. If I eat I eat until I am stuffed. Chinese buffets. Knowing how to cook and cook well. Enjoying cooking. Food obsession. Food addiction. Yeah that pretty much sums it up, lol!

...your goal weight range:
    My first goal is to get below 300 lbs
    Next is to get below 260 lbs (my previous lowest weight on my last diet in 2015).
    Next is getting below 220 lbs (weight when I graduated high school).
    Next is to get below 200 lbs.
    My final goal is to get below 170 lbs ("normal" for my height)

...the time of your OMAD: The meal before bed. I work nights so sometimes this will be breakfast. It will be my last meal time of the day.

...and your OMAD start date: Right now! 7-29-2017
  • MrsTits
    MrsTits Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Natalie. Planning to start OMAD today. Looking for folks doing similar so feel free to add me as a friend.

I'm from the UK (living in Scotland), I've just turned 40, have recently had a baby (6 months old) and want/need to lose about 200lbs.

I'm hoping OMAD will help as I rarely eat throughout the day at the mo anyway as I don't have the time but after my main (normally healthy) meal I graze on crap all evening. Hoping to cut out the grazing late at night, up my fluid in take during the day and actually shift some pounds instead of just talking about doing it "eventually".

So sick of being unhealthy and continually thinking "I'll start tomorrow" or "I'll start on Monday"...and then by Wednesday it's "next Monday".

I also have binge eating disorder. CBT didn't help much. Also a vegetarian. Luckily I love veggies and cook fresh most days but I also love carbs and struggle with cravings for bread, crisps (potato chips) crackers etc. I eat less when I'm busy so plan to keep myself occupied and hope it clicks.

Wish me luck! Great to find the group!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Natalie!
  • jlynch401
    jlynch401 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Joe & Gang...
    ...your name: James
    ...your weight: 270
    ...your height: 6'0"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: psychological/emotional eating - keeping weight off once lost
    ...the time of your OMAD: 5pmish
    ...and your OMAD start date: Today, 7/31/17
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Welcome everybody!
  • healthhiro
    healthhiro Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm known as Healthhiro

weight is 155
    height is 5'2"
    I eat for comfort as I have a constant struggle with depression. So far with IF 16-8 I have lost 30 pounds. It really seems to be working.
    I want to try OMAD since once I start eating at noon each day, I seem to just constantly snack till the window closes at 8pm. I would like to try and get a bit more control.

I have stopped logging my daily calories on MFP although I do update my stats every so often. I am trying not to focus my attention so much on food.
    :D

goal weight is 135
    my OMAD will be 6-8pm daily
    I'm starting 1 Aug 2017

• arguablysamson
    Options
    healthhiro wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm known as Healthhiro

weight is 155
    height is 5'2"
    I eat for comfort as I have a constant struggle with depression. So far with IF 16-8 I have lost 30 pounds. It really seems to be working.
    I want to try OMAD since once I start eating at noon each day, I seem to just constantly snack till the window closes at 8pm. I would like to try and get a bit more control.

I have stopped logging my daily calories on MFP although I do update my stats every so often. I am trying not to focus my attention so much on food.
    :D

goal weight is 135
    my OMAD will be 6-8pm daily
    I'm starting 1 Aug 2017

Hi, welcome!

Yeah, that's the problem with these feeding windows people often do. It's easy for a lot of us to get them lipping full!

Sit down, eat, and be done with it!

-Joe
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Welcome heathhiro.

I couldn't agree more with Joe, eat up and be done with it. Simple, effective, fewer moving parts. Works for me.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome all :)