Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    blsxxx wrote: »
    ...your name or preferred username: Brenda
    ...your weight: 352.2 lbs
    ...your height: 5'8"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: binge eating, yo-yo dieting, type 2 diabetes
    ...your goal weight range: 160 - 180 lbs
    ...the time of your OMAD: window 4pm - 8pm; normal mealtime 6pm
    ...and your OMAD start date: 4/3/17

Hi, I'm Brenda. I've been on OMAD since April and I love it! I've done fad diets, commercial programs, vlcds, gastric banding, low carb, vegetarian, you name it but OMAD has been the answer to my prayers. It's the only "diet" I've been able to stick to with ease (vegetarian was easy but I didn't lose weight). It doesn't feel like a diet because I don't feel deprived.

My highest weight was 449.2 lbs in December 2009 right before my gastric banding surgery. I lost 75 lbs but the weight started to come back and I felt so defeated. I started this year at 402.8 lbs. I lost 27.2 lbs trying different diets but it was hard and I could feel the failure creeping up on me. I needed something I could stick to for life. In March/April, I was doing protein shakes and one meal but hated the shakes, so I googled eating one meal a day. I knew skipping breakfast was a dietary sin, but the shakes were so awful and I couldn't eat much in the morning because of the gastric band anyway. Needless to say I found Joe's story and watched all of his YouTube videos. I found myself saying "that is so me" so many times, I knew this diet was meant for me.

I started OMAD on 4/3 at 375.6 lbs and I've lost 23.4 lbs on OMAD. I got down to 338 lbs after a 5 day water fast and then down to 342.8 lbs after 12 days of OMAD/Keto. The 12 days of OMAD/Keto felt like a diet and I gained so much back after the water fast, I think I'll just stick to OMAD. But I need to refocus because I've felt myself straying from the OMAD basics and have been a little discouraged by my weight loss lately. I know it's me and not OMAD. Which is why I watched some OMAD videos today and am posting this introduction. I want to hold myself accountable and make sure I stay committed to OMAD and get back on track!

Hi, Brenda!

Welcome!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hello Brenda,

Welcome to the OMAD family. This is a very supporting and encouraging group and I know you will do well with OMAD. I am for sure an OMADer for life. You can do this!
  • beachplumm
    beachplumm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ...Beachplumm
    ...5'1
    ...I love food too much, I tend to be obsessed with dessert
    ...97-100
    ...I started skipping breakfast about a year ago but still had lunch so I have done IF for a bit.
    ...I started one week ago! :smile:
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Cas! I've been doing OMAD + keto for three weeks now. Just discovered this group! I'm loving how easy it is to fall into this eating pattern, although this week for some reason I've been ravenous all day. I think this is really something I could stick to for life regardless of that though (and hoping it passes).

Cas
    5'6
    type 2 diabetic
    150-170
    6-7pm or 7-8pm depending on work schedule. some days go 25 to 28 hours before I get to eat due to work
    Started 10/16, but went on vacation the week after and was not consistent until I got back, making a grand total of 3 weeks.

Any tips for hunger? I drink mostly tea and water all day, every now and then a diet coke. Up until this week, I wasn't hungry at all most of the day. Lately, it's like my stomach is trying to eat itself! I'm not sure what's up.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    beachplumm wrote: »
    ...Beachplumm
    ...5'1
    ...I love food too much, I tend to be obsessed with dessert
    ...97-100
    ...I started skipping breakfast about a year ago but still had lunch so I have done IF for a bit.
    ...I started one week ago! :smile:

I love food too, good luck :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Cas! I've been doing OMAD + keto for three weeks now. Just discovered this group! I'm loving how easy it is to fall into this eating pattern, although this week for some reason I've been ravenous all day. I think this is really something I could stick to for life regardless of that though (and hoping it passes).

Cas
    5'6
    type 2 diabetic
    150-170
    6-7pm or 7-8pm depending on work schedule. some days go 25 to 28 hours before I get to eat due to work
    Started 10/16, but went on vacation the week after and was not consistent until I got back, making a grand total of 3 weeks.

Any tips for hunger? I drink mostly tea and water all day, every now and then a diet coke. Up until this week, I wasn't hungry at all most of the day. Lately, it's like my stomach is trying to eat itself! I'm not sure what's up.

I used to chew sugarless gum and drink lots of water...I lost 64 pounds doing low carb and OMAD so if I can do it so can you, good luck :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    blsxxx wrote: »
    ...your name or preferred username: Brenda
    ...your weight: 352.2 lbs
    ...your height: 5'8"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: binge eating, yo-yo dieting, type 2 diabetes
    ...your goal weight range: 160 - 180 lbs
    ...the time of your OMAD: window 4pm - 8pm; normal mealtime 6pm
    ...and your OMAD start date: 4/3/17

Hi, I'm Brenda. I've been on OMAD since April and I love it! I've done fad diets, commercial programs, vlcds, gastric banding, low carb, vegetarian, you name it but OMAD has been the answer to my prayers. It's the only "diet" I've been able to stick to with ease (vegetarian was easy but I didn't lose weight). It doesn't feel like a diet because I don't feel deprived.

My highest weight was 449.2 lbs in December 2009 right before my gastric banding surgery. I lost 75 lbs but the weight started to come back and I felt so defeated. I started this year at 402.8 lbs. I lost 27.2 lbs trying different diets but it was hard and I could feel the failure creeping up on me. I needed something I could stick to for life. In March/April, I was doing protein shakes and one meal but hated the shakes, so I googled eating one meal a day. I knew skipping breakfast was a dietary sin, but the shakes were so awful and I couldn't eat much in the morning because of the gastric band anyway. Needless to say I found Joe's story and watched all of his YouTube videos. I found myself saying "that is so me" so many times, I knew this diet was meant for me.

I started OMAD on 4/3 at 375.6 lbs and I've lost 23.4 lbs on OMAD. I got down to 338 lbs after a 5 day water fast and then down to 342.8 lbs after 12 days of OMAD/Keto. The 12 days of OMAD/Keto felt like a diet and I gained so much back after the water fast, I think I'll just stick to OMAD. But I need to refocus because I've felt myself straying from the OMAD basics and have been a little discouraged by my weight loss lately. I know it's me and not OMAD. Which is why I watched some OMAD videos today and am posting this introduction. I want to hold myself accountable and make sure I stay committed to OMAD and get back on track!

Welcome. I think if you just stick to basic OMAD, you will have success. I don't think you need to get anymore aggressive than that. I know if I try to get too aggressive, it usually backfires for me. Good luck!
  • blambo61
    Options

Cas
    5'6
    type 2 diabetic
    150-170

drink a lot of water, take your vitamins and eat enough protein. The protein seems to make the next day fast easier for me. Don't get too aggressive and go too low on calories, I do that and it will backfire for me. Slow and steady will win the race!
  • butchartgardens2014
    Options
    Hi.
    My name is Wani.
    I am 66.4kg today., height 152cm.
    I have tried countless diet last 20 years but unable to maintain. I use food to settle my anxiety
  • emma_laide
    emma_laide Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Emma.
    Weight: 230+.
    Height: 5’5
    Goal weight/range: 160/170
    Eating window: 4-6pm
    Start date: 10/24/17

Hello. I have been doing OMAD for almost a month now and am loving it. I’m not sure if the scale is ever going to budge :/ but even so, it’s still motivating to know that even if I have to wait a little longer to eat, I will be able to feel completely satisfied when I get my meal at night.

I have struggled with my weight for years. I have always failed at diets because they are just too restricting for me. And I am never able to keep it up for longer than a few days; being constantly unsatisfied, hungry, and unhappy.

My biggest struggle is that I am a binge eater. Before OMAD, whenever dinner came around I just completely lost all self control. Every single night. For years. Dinner led to more dinner then to dessert then to snacks after that, until I was so stuffed I felt sick. And I was miserable. So unhappy with myself. So stuck and unable to find anything that worked.

Then I was introduced to fasting. At first it was 18:6. I got into it quickly and started alternate day fasting. My longest fast was 56 hours. And while I liked it, it was hard to go that long without eating. Plus ADF didn’t really work either because on my eating days I went back to my old binging/gorging ways and it would undo all my fasting. So then I discovered OMAD and it has helped with my binging SO MUCH. In fact, I have not ‘binged’ since I started. For whatever reason, I found that I am able to control the time I eat. I could never control WHAT I ate, but by some miracle I have been amazed at how much I control myself with WHEN I eat. And that is a huge step in the right direction.

I am so thankful I found this. It is the only thing that has ever worked for me as far as controlling my self when it comes to food. OMAD FOR LIFE.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Emma, it’s great that OMAD is helping with bingeing! The weight loss WILL come, but just alleviating the bingeing must be a relief. And it won’t be long before that scale starts moving down. Welcome to the group!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Congrats! Keep at it.
  • emma_laide
    emma_laide Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!! :D
  • smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm Susan
    170 pounds
    5'3"
    51 years old
    Started OMAD 11/27/2017
    23:1
    Goal weight 130

I gained weight slowly over the last decade (um, hello hormones thanks to perimenopause!), but then I quit smoking 358 days ago and *wham*.....20 pounds gained.

Used OMAD about 10 years ago with great weight loss success, and am trying it again in conjunction with a clean LCHF diet. I've been dabbling in KETO for a while, but my head is spinning with conflicting information, so I've tuned out that crowd.

I'm listening to my body, staying away from processed foods, sugars and grains, and am eating as much healthy fat as I can. I. Love. Butter.

OMAD works best for my schedule, and fits with my mental approach to food. I like being able to eat until I'm truly full at dinner, and I love LCHF because it feels sp indulgent. I also think it will be easier for me to handle social situations.....if I have a business lunch, I'll skip dinner. If we have dinner plans, I'll no longer sweat my calories and macros.

If I have concerns, it's consuming too few calories and too little protein.

I look forward to reading updates from others!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Welcome Susan!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hey, Susan! Welcome!
  • DJLovelyAtl
    DJLovelyAtl Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Started OMAD 1 week ago. I’m down 4lbs so far! Still eat what I want but just during the evening. No problems with hunger so far.
  • DJLovelyAtl
    DJLovelyAtl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started OMAD 1 week ago. I’m down 4lbs so far! Still eat what I want but just during the evening. No problems with hunger so far.

I’m Dee
    I’m 44years old
    6ft
    238 lbs

Sorry for not putting that in my OP.

I put on 30lbs during a relationship and 15 more during the break up.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    So many newbies, Welcome Everyone :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dee and Susan.