Good morning!

I'm Susan
    170 pounds
    5'3"
    51 years old
    Started OMAD 11/27/2017
    23:1
    Goal weight 130

I gained weight slowly over the last decade (um, hello hormones thanks to perimenopause!), but then I quit smoking 358 days ago and *wham*.....20 pounds gained.

Used OMAD about 10 years ago with great weight loss success, and am trying it again in conjunction with a clean LCHF diet. I've been dabbling in KETO for a while, but my head is spinning with conflicting information, so I've tuned out that crowd.

I'm listening to my body, staying away from processed foods, sugars and grains, and am eating as much healthy fat as I can. I. Love. Butter.

OMAD works best for my schedule, and fits with my mental approach to food. I like being able to eat until I'm truly full at dinner, and I love LCHF because it feels sp indulgent. I also think it will be easier for me to handle social situations.....if I have a business lunch, I'll skip dinner. If we have dinner plans, I'll no longer sweat my calories and macros.

If I have concerns, it's consuming too few calories and too little protein.

I look forward to reading updates from others!

Sounds like the plan. Eating tell full is great! Being able to be sociable is great!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Started OMAD 1 week ago. I’m down 4lbs so far! Still eat what I want but just during the evening. No problems with hunger so far.
    Started OMAD 1 week ago. I’m down 4lbs so far! Still eat what I want but just during the evening. No problems with hunger so far.

I’m Dee
    I’m 44years old
    6ft
    238 lbs

Sorry for not putting that in my OP.

I put on 30lbs during a relationship and 15 more during the break up.

Nice start! Welcome
  • Maroula79
    Maroula79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone!!! I'm starting OMAD today. I'm 38 years old, 142 pounds (64.5 kg), 5 ft 4 (165cm) and want to go down to 122 pounds...So, 20 pounds! Today, I'm having a coffee (cappuccino with less milk in it and one spoon of brown sugar) and water until 16.30. I think its the only way to lose the weight that I put on during my second pregnancy and never lost. When I used to be 55 kg, I also used to eat only once a day...out of habit...(but....I also used to smoke...). Hope to lose at least 4 kg until January 7 :smile:
  • blambo61
    Options
    Maroula79 wrote: »
    Hello to everyone!!! I'm starting OMAD today. I'm 38 years old, 142 pounds (64.5 kg), 5 ft 4 (165cm) and want to go down to 122 pounds...So, 20 pounds! Today, I'm having a coffee (cappuccino with less milk in it and one spoon of brown sugar) and water until 16.30. I think its the only way to lose the weight that I put on during my second pregnancy and never lost. When I used to be 55 kg, I also used to eat only once a day...out of habit...(but....I also used to smoke...). Hope to lose at least 4 kg until January 7 :smile:

sounds good, be careful with the milk and sugar, it might make you hungry!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Welcome and good luck :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
  • Maroula79
    Options
    Have a great month everyone!! Ok! I am only 2 days in BUT: today they told me to have some souvlaki and I said no...not because I was obliged by my new diet, but because I didn't want it....Can it be....? I am so happy that the only thing I have to do is to have some patience until dinner time and then eat like an ordinary person with my family....Yesterday, and the day before, I counted calories because I was unsure... I had no more than 1350 calories during dinner time (that is not actually true because that number includes a tall cappuccino in the morning) . And then I didn't have any snacks. I went to bed feeling happy! Let's hope that I ll make it through the weekend. That will be the ultimate test for me...
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Just see those weekend days as ordinary days and do what you have done the past two days. You can do it!
  • Maroula79
    Options
    Ok! I don't know if it is ok to write here. I failed... I started OMAD last Wednesday and it was great. Really it was the greatest thing I have ever done, because I felt light and full of energy. I started at 142 pounds and by Saturday morning I had reached 140, which is a great way to start a diet for once!! And then, I stayed at home during the weekend and also on Monday and Tuesday because I had work to do for my master's....I ate within reasonable limits, not exceeding 1500 calories a day... and today I am 142,8. I don't believe that OMAD has failed me... I think it needs consestency like any other diet. I also think that it is the only diet that I can really follow. But, does that mean that I have to be constantly at work in order to do it....?
    Today I start again. The 7th of January is just around the corner....
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Ok! I don't know if it is ok to write here. I failed... I started OMAD last Wednesday and it was great. Really it was the greatest thing I have ever done, because I felt light and full of energy. I started at 142 pounds and by Saturday morning I had reached 140, which is a great way to start a diet for once!! And then, I stayed at home during the weekend and also on Monday and Tuesday because I had work to do for my master's....I ate within reasonable limits, not exceeding 1500 calories a day... and today I am 142,8. I don't believe that OMAD has failed me... I think it needs consestency like any other diet. I also think that it is the only diet that I can really follow. But, does that mean that I have to be constantly at work in order to do it....?

This is the intro thread. Start your own thread and it will solicit its own discussion.

Just keep on going.
  • blambo61
    Options

Water weight can fluctuate. The .8-lbs probably is mostly water. Give it a couple of days.
  • purplemorgan
    purplemorgan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just found my way here. I have a lengthy history which I will not get into here.... nutshell, in the past I've done two "techniques," for lack of a different word, very similar to OMAD, long before IF was even a phrase and OMAD wasn't around either, and they worked well for me. The problems were that I did not continue them, and that they went against social norms of eating 3 times a day.

I've spent hours and hours and hours and hours and hours reading and researching and experimenting with diet, nutrition, and health topics at the level of medical journals and studies. With multiple graduate degrees, and a medical field background, I understand the lingo. I've done this deep research since I was 20 years old, and have amassed a huge fund of knowledge, but, as we know, everyone's body responds differently, and KNOWING what to do and DOING it are two very different things.

What I know for sure is that my weight needs to shift downwards.

I can't keep putting off what I know I must do. I am starting OMAD today. I've been successful at other iteration of IF, and I know for sure that 18 hours of fasting always makes me feel better. It clears up pain, fatigue, brain fog, etc. I need to listen to my body and not to what society tells me is "better" for me, i.e. eating three meals a day, not skipping breakfast, etc etc.

I'm here for encouragement, especially when social and spousal pressure gets challenging.
  • Brendalea69
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Just found my way here. I have a lengthy history which I will not get into here.... nutshell, in the past I've done two "techniques," for lack of a different word, very similar to OMAD, long before IF was even a phrase and OMAD wasn't around either, and they worked well for me. The problems were that I did not continue them, and that they went against social norms of eating 3 times a day.

I've spent hours and hours and hours and hours and hours reading and researching and experimenting with diet, nutrition, and health topics at the level of medical journals and studies. With multiple graduate degrees, and a medical field background, I understand the lingo. I've done this deep research since I was 20 years old, and have amassed a huge fund of knowledge, but, as we know, everyone's body responds differently, and KNOWING what to do and DOING it are two very different things.

What I know for sure is that my weight needs to shift downwards.

I can't keep putting off what I know I must do. I am starting OMAD today. I've been successful at other iteration of IF, and I know for sure that 18 hours of fasting always makes me feel better. It clears up pain, fatigue, brain fog, etc. I need to listen to my body and not to what society tells me is "better" for me, i.e. eating three meals a day, not skipping breakfast, etc etc.

I'm here for encouragement, especially when social and spousal pressure gets challenging.

Welcome, now you can start a thread of your own...Good luck :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    @purplemorgan , to hell with what others think, set your own course. There is no reason why people must eat 3 or more times per day. To lose weight it's very advantageous to eat less often such as OMAD. Good luck.
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I just joined this group.

I’ve eaten OMAD in the past before and it worked well for me for a few years to keep my binging at bay. As life got on, I stopped following this lifestyle but my binges are back with a vengeance. I would like to restart as I’m feeling so out of control. I hope to start a thread of my own to keep accountability.

Thanks for maintaining this forum.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    jeanona wrote: »
    Hello all, I just joined this group.

I’ve eaten OMAD in the past before and it worked well for me for a few years to keep my binging at bay. As life got on, I stopped following this lifestyle but my binges are back with a vengeance. I would like to restart as I’m feeling so out of control. I hope to start a thread of my own to keep accountability.

Thanks for maintaining this forum.

Welcome :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jeanona!

You've got to keep in the habit of an OMAD routine to keep the binges at bay. And some are more prone than others, but a true binger must realize that they can never "let go".
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Brenda, thank you for the welcome.
    Welcome, Jeanona!

You've got to keep in the habit of an OMAD routine to keep the binges at bay. And some are more prone than others, but a true binger must realize that they can never "let go".

Thanks for the advice. I know I'm a true binger and what you've said is so true. I hope I don't fall off the wagon this time round.
  • maffyc
    maffyc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    MaffyC
    5'3
    I struggle with losing weight, since I turned 30 I feel like I watch my self even more and exercise more but I keep gaining. I blame some pills that I took from China after I had my last child. I really think that messed up something. I have gained about 5 lbs a year and I have tried every diet in the book. I have also struggled with constipation so I am very conscious of what I eat. I had to turn to being Vegan and I was able to come off my prescription medication for constipation. So I will stay Vegan for that and the benefits it has brought me to.

My goal weight is to be at a healthy BMI, so I want to go down to 130lbs.
    I heard about it last week, I did it one day and I lost 5 lbs off the bat, probably water weight I know, also because of my constipation. The next day I tried it again but failed, I had to eat. So I kinda gained like 2 lbs back. Plus it was Xmas. So this week I have been more serious. I started again Wed, lost 2 lbs, yesterday 1 lbs. So hopefully today I can stick with it. I have done intermittent fasting before plenty of times, and Warrior Diet. So the last few days have not been so hard to not eat. I have been eating at lunch, being that my day is short today, I want to go till dinner.

Start date 12/27/17-159
    today 156
  • blambo61
    Options
    maffyc wrote: »
    MaffyC
    5'3
    I struggle with losing weight, since I turned 30 I feel like I watch my self even more and exercise more but I keep gaining. I blame some pills that I took from China after I had my last child. I really think that messed up something. I have gained about 5 lbs a year and I have tried every diet in the book. I have also struggled with constipation so I am very conscious of what I eat. I had to turn to being Vegan and I was able to come off my prescription medication for constipation. So I will stay Vegan for that and the benefits it has brought me to.

My goal weight is to be at a healthy BMI, so I want to go down to 130lbs.
    I heard about it last week, I did it one day and I lost 5 lbs off the bat, probably water weight I know, also because of my constipation. The next day I tried it again but failed, I had to eat. So I kinda gained like 2 lbs back. Plus it was Xmas. So this week I have been more serious. I started again Wed, lost 2 lbs, yesterday 1 lbs. So hopefully today I can stick with it. I have done intermittent fasting before plenty of times, and Warrior Diet. So the last few days have not been so hard to not eat. I have been eating at lunch, being that my day is short today, I want to go till dinner.

Start date 12/27/17-159
    today 156

Welcome! You might have good days and bad, just keep at it and don't let the bad ones be really bad. Don't be too aggressive or the bad ones can be really bad. Steady progress will get you there! Start a page below and people will cheer you on and help you out!