Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Options

Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Mary! Wow, how many calories do you get for push moving for 2 hours? I got around 90 for walking with my son for 20 minutes. I'm glad that the two of us are getting into a routine--he runs every other day and walks with me the days he doesn't run. Weather still nice here but snow on the mountains in the distance.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Your encouragement makes such a difference. Mary, you may have fallen off the wagon for a few days but your staying power with your exercise makes all the difference to me. More than once, I have hit the road because you have. Thank you and I am glad you are back working on your goals.

We have been working on moving our leaves into the compost. The oaks are now almost down, the last, so I am hoping one more go with the blower and sweeper. The temp are near freezing at night so we must get finished with outside work this week. The walking gets harder with colder temps, grey skies and a cold wind. That has always been my challenge. Lots of activity in the warm months, hibernation in the winter. Working on that one.

We are all working onwards and downwards!

Marney
  • dasher602014
    Options
    oh, and about comments. Yup, it have been about 30 lbs before I got my first one. And, being short, lbs show more so losses should show more, at least that is my theory. And I was dressed in my exercise pants at the time. I have not bought or made too many new clothes so they are tending to hang on me and cover up more. I need some photos but I am usually the photo taker not in front of the camera. (Both by custom and I suspect by my design).
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Boy, I hear you with the photos. I have plenty of "before" pictures but have avoided taking photos in the last few years. I look forward to a time when I feel better about having my picture taken.
  • dasher602014
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Up and down. Up 1.5 today but I am going to wait until tomorrow am before "officially" checking in. The yoyo is so frustrating isn't it. Behaviour not scale, Marney, behaviour, not scale.
  • merrygrannie
    merrygrannie Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well Ladies,tomorrow is the day we weigh and I have exercised everyday,except today, since our last weigh in.Behavior,not scale.I hope we all have a good weighin.
    I have finally become comfortable having my picture taken.I'm always behind the camera too and that's where I wanted to be.Not so much now.
    I went out for lunch today with my sister and a old school friend.My sister and I had not seen her in years.It was so much fun catching up on old times.We're going to reconnect with another classmate in a couple of weeks.Next year will be our 50yr.class reunion.It will be nice to see everyone.See you on here tomorrow.Good luck!!
    Mary
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Behavior, not scale. I need to keep on repeating that. I'll see you guys back here tomorrow!
  • merrygrannie
    Options

Sept 5th-168. 3.5lb loss
    Sept 12th-167. 1 lb loss
    Sept 18-166. 1 lb loss
    Sept 27-166 0lbs lost
    Oct 3-165 1 lb loss
    Oct 10-164 1lb loss
    Oct 17-165 1lb gain
    Oct 24-166 1 lb gain
    Oct 31-162 4 lb loss
    Started out at 171.5. loss so far is 9.5 lbs. I need to lose 6.5 more for our 15 lb challenge.With the holidays coming up it will indeed be a challenge.In 2 weeks I have 3 Thanksgiving meals,1 a week for 3 wks.I CAN DO THIS, with your support.
    Mary
  • dasher602014
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yeah Mary! 4lb loss??!!! WOW! And I do sympathize with 3 Thanksgiving meals having just been through my crazy time of the year. Keep moving, it helps so much. However, you are the exercise great!

(and from a purely selfish and 'not proud of' part of me, I just cannot catch up to you!) Well done.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Started this challenge at 172
    Sept 5th 171 - 1 lb lost
    Sept 12th 169.5 - 1½ lb lost
    Sept 19th 168.5 - 1 lb lost
    Sept 28th 168.5
    Oct. 4th 167.5 - 1 lb lost
    Oct. 10th 167 - .5 lost
    Oct. 17th 167
    Oct. 24th 166 - 1 lb lost
    Oct. 31st 164.5 - 1.5 lb lost

7.5 lbs lost since the start of the challenge. Half way though, aren't we? And about half the weight gone. Not bad.

I leave for a 3 week holiday shortly so that will be challenge for me. We are staying in places with kitchens for most of the trip so that should be OK and the weather will be golf inducing - so that is good. Good for walking too. Going and coming hard because of car sitting and hotels.

But we can do this!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    Start--207
    Sept. 5--205.6
    Sept 12--203
    Sept 19--202.8
    Sept 26--200.9
    Oct. 3rd--199.2
    Oct. 10th-198
    Oct. 17th-198.3
    Oct. 24th-198
    Oct. 31st--194.6
    My weight lost this week looks dramatic because I was having a heavy day on the 24th. Think I was around 196.6 on the 25th. But headed in the right direction! If we are 1/2 way through maybe I can do 20 pounds by the 1st of January or better!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    You two are doing so well! This has been quite the successful challenge to date!
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Sept 5th 171 - 1 lb lost
    Sept 28th 168.5
    Oct. 10th 167 - .5 lost
    Oct. 17th 167

7.5 lbs lost since the start of the challenge. Half way though, aren't we? And about half the weight gone. Not bad.

I leave for a 3 week holiday shortly so that will be challenge for me. We are staying in places with kitchens for most of the trip so that should be OK and the weather will be golf inducing - so that is good. Good for walking too. Going and coming hard because of car sitting and hotels.

But we can do this!
    Sept 5th 171 - 1 lb lost
    Sept 28th 168.5
    Oct. 10th 167 - .5 lost
    Oct. 17th 167

But we can do this!

• merrygrannie
    Options
    Way to go ladies!!
  • dasher602014
    Options
    wow Gayle. Yes, set a new goal by all means. You are doing so well.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Forgot to weigh myself this morning. That never happens. So we will see what I get tomorrow. I made butternut squash soup and it doesn't taste salty but logs salty. Man, and I haven't been drinking my water today, I just realized, but tea sipping all day. OK, on my way to the kitchen to fill up the water glass.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Under calories today, and feeling better but another day of forgetting about water. What is up with that?? Got my big water glass filled up now and catching up. Watching episodes of "The Dead Zone" and making collages. Hope you guys are doing well.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    The Dead Zone and collages? Bound to make anyone feel better! Yeah, I just don't get enough water but I am trying to make it a habit. Oatmeal for breakfast and I went back for seconds (what is up with that?) so I better drink my water today! Hope you are better.
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    I'm behind on my water today too.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    I had oatmeal for breakfast too. I think it's that time of year. Finally realize that my body does NOT want ice water this time of year. Now that I took the ice out I'm drinking my water again. 193.3 today but we will see what is in store for Friday. Not feeling well today but got some rest. Having french toast for dinner but with whole grain bread, egg beaters and sugar free syrup.