Leslie Sansone September 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    So excited! I received Leslie's Walk Blaster's dvd and 10 Pounds Down Cardio Abs by Jessica Smith. Can't wait to peel off tte film and shove them into my dvd. So ready for a change. :wink: :wink:

Ann, Yay for you "finally" getting your New DVDs!! Let us know how you like them :happy:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    You're doing so well in spite of your injury Mary! Bounced back and hit the road marching... :laugh:

Thanks Ann :heart: . So happy to be walking with the DVDs again. Next month I'm going to try to see how using the firm bands go. I'm having issues with my thumb :sad: . Which makes certain things difficult because of minimal grip strength.

I'm continuing to work with the mobility of the wrist also, but that will take time according to the doctor. But I can do all the walk movements and it doesn't jar the wrist any more at all now, and I'm no longer using the brace while walking with Leslie :drinker: !! I've been using the wrist weights and the gazelle for some starting strength, and will also try light dumbbells soon.

:flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Goal 70 Miles

54 Miles done. Total minutes: 806

Walk Blaster Mini Walks 7

Stay Strong Pals!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Thursday:

0 DVD miles: did around 50 minutes of 5 mini Walk Blaster walks including the "Advanced Walk" premix.

0 outdoor minutes.

Goal for September: To be determined

So far: 18 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 165outdoor minutes

So far: 30 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

@ Ann, yes the Advanced Walk is a "Sweat Fest" :laugh: . You described it well! I added in the w/up walk and the cool down flexibility walk to it also.

@ PinkyPan1, enjoy your autumn weather! Around 90 degrees for me today :) Autumn will be a while coming yet for me :laugh: .

@ Ann, Yes, do count the mini walks. I couldn't make them into miles, and I sure didn't want to let all that good working out go uncharted :grumble: so..... another category to track :happy:

@ bandit5125, LOVE the additional NSV at work!!! Awesome :drinker: And that is wonderful that you were able to bless your DIL with your beautiful jeans that no longer fit you :flowerforyou: That is a win-win for both of you!

@ Alex, I hope that everything works out and maybe you can find something motivational to read in the meanwhile, for your own encouragement. Take care :flowerforyou:

Walk... walk....walk
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I did 3.5 miles teaching my niece how to power walk today.

58.5/154
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Sept Goal 70 miles
    9/1-Exercise TV-WAH- 1 mile + WAP 3 Fast Miles= 4 miles total
    9/3-Just Walk-5 Mega Miles=5 miles-9 miles total
    9/4-WAP Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=13 miles total
    9/7-Exercise TV-WAH-1 mile (strength training day)=14 mile total
    9/8-Just Walk-Walk to the Hits Radio Remixes-3 miles=17 miles total
    9/11-Exercise TV=WAH-3 mile walk-3 miles=20 miles total
    9/13-WAH-5 Fat Burning Miles-5 miles=25miles
    9/15-Just Walk-4 Mile Power walk-4 miles=29 miles total
    9/18- Just Walk-Walk to the Hits-3 miles=32

Alex-It is OK to take a break from maintaining high motivation. It is your body and mind's way of saying, "We're pooped!" Going over your calories may also be your body's way of saying "I need more food!" You have racked up some serious miles in the last few weeks and you may be under eating a bit. Try to keep logging in here though so it does not turn into a serious backslide for you OK? We will work on your motivation for you -no problem! Hang in there as we have all been there ourselves. :flowerforyou:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    8.57miles walked today

118.09 miles walked to date
  • 2essie
    Options
    5.01 miles walked today

109.52 miles walked to date

Wow Jean, you are really hoofing it. Super work. Is it getting cool in your neck of the woods? It's starting to here, thank goodness.

No Ann it is quite humid here yet. Nowhere near as warm as you will have it but I find it very sticky for us. It is usually coming cooler here at this time of year but not this year. Not complaining though. No doubt we will have the snow soon enough.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    7 advanced miles with Leslie

143 miles with Leslie to date

1 miles outside

62 miles outside to date

205 miles total /goal 165 Made my goal!!!!!

Happy Walking!!!!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    5.01 miles walked today

Wow Jean, you are really hoofing it. Super work. Is it getting cool in your neck of the woods? It's starting to here, thank goodness.

No Ann it is quite humid here yet. Nowhere near as warm as you will have it but I find it very sticky for us. It is usually coming cooler here at this time of year but not this year. Not complaining though. No doubt we will have the snow soon enough.

I'm ready for fall. And a little snow this year would be just fine with me.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Sept Goal 70 miles
    9/1-Exercise TV-WAH- 1 mile + WAP 3 Fast Miles= 4 miles total
    9/3-Just Walk-5 Mega Miles=5 miles-9 miles total
    9/4-WAP Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=13 miles total
    9/7-Exercise TV-WAH-1 mile (strength training day)=14 mile total
    9/8-Just Walk-Walk to the Hits Radio Remixes-3 miles=17 miles total
    9/11-Exercise TV=WAH-3 mile walk-3 miles=20 miles total
    9/13-WAH-5 Fat Burning Miles-5 miles=25miles
    9/15-Just Walk-4 Mile Power walk-4 miles=29 miles total
    9/18- Just Walk-Walk to the Hits-3 miles=32

Alex-It is OK to take a break from maintaining high motivation. It is your body and mind's way of saying, "We're pooped!" Going over your calories may also be your body's way of saying "I need more food!" You have racked up some serious miles in the last few weeks and you may be under eating a bit. Try to keep logging in here though so it does not turn into a serious backslide for you OK? We will work on your motivation for you -no problem! Hang in there as we have all been there ourselves. :flowerforyou:

Some very good points, zichab.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I did 3.5 miles teaching my niece how to power walk today.

58.5/154

Another walker in the family. Awesome!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    So excited! I received Leslie's Walk Blaster's dvd and 10 Pounds Down Cardio Abs by Jessica Smith. Can't wait to peel off tte film and shove them into my dvd. So ready for a change. :wink: :wink:

Cardio Abs looks like a fun workout! Ordering Walk Blaster's today :D

KristenKory, I really like the Walk Blaster workouts. They are so different from her past workouts and the music is pretty good IMHO. Tried the Cardio Abs wo and while I liked it, I think it's out of my league. Too advanced for me. Very high impact.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I'm in this month too...I have found that when I try for miles it appears to be overwhelming for me, my mind just goes crazy thinking about "miles" so last month I changed to minutes and that seemed to work a lot better. Since I started that new process a bit late I didn't make my goal but I was close.

So this month my goal is 1000 minutes. :flowerforyou:

**2essie/Ann/Pinkypan this is double my minutes from last month :happy:

Jayjay'smom, you're doing great!
    160 walked today
    120 (9/13 & 9/14)
    140 (9/7-9/11)

Balance: 580
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning Walkers. I did 7.5 miles this morning. FYI....I am headed to the Smoky Mountains for a weeks vacation. I plan on taking a few of Leslie's DVDs and I hope to do some mountain walks. I will not be logging in for the week but will come back and log my miles. I wish you all happy and healthy week. Keep on walking strong.

66/154
  • lidenalex
    Options
    zichab wrote
    Thanks for your concern, I really appreciate it :happy: . No it's not my body telling me anything. It is just that I had so much things happening that I felt overstressed and overwhelmed. Which lead to depletion of will power and energy. Also I made the cardinal mistake of setting to high expectation. I should have kept to my original 0.5 miles a day goal instead of expecting 6 miles a day which I subconsciously adopted. I will go back to 0.5 mile goal now, and I have started to reread the Mini Habits book again and got some of my motivation back.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote
    Thanks for your concern, I really appreciate it :happy: . No it's not my body telling me anything. It is just that I had so much things happening that I felt overstressed and overwhelmed. Which lead to depletion of will power and energy. Also I made the cardinal mistake of setting to high expectation. I should have kept to my original 0.5 miles a day goal instead of expecting 6 miles a day which I subconsciously adopted. I will go back to 0.5 mile goal now, and I have started to reread the Mini Habits book again and got some of my motivation back.

I am glad you have figured it out. Emotional stress can be very taxing on our energy levels, that is for sure. Nevertheless, you always have your walker friends here to help you over a motivational slump, so no worries. We've got your back OK? :flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    Options
    miles: 96/100
    cal: 0
  • 2essie
    Options
    8.62 miles walked today (Only got the LS Inervals walk in today which is only 1 mile) the rest was all outside

126.71 miles walked to date

Only 40 miles to go to target. Phew!!
  • 2essie
    Options
    5.01 miles walked today

I'm ready for fall. And a little snow this year would be just fine with me.

you can have our share of snow Ann if you like. We don't want it :noway: